ES File Explorer Send to Lan does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    Was not there a bug in the share and Android software a while ago, some vulnerability in SMB or one of them protocols
    Maybe SC disabled at the time Rom was made ?
    I will check, I thought it was for blue tooth sharing... maybe with lan also. I use apps to share or what ever. This way I don't have to worry about my android settings.

I was contemplating changing the kernel back to stock, to see if it clears up some issues. Since SC has customised the kernel, which makes it difficult for me in understanding how things are effected, outside of disabling features.

Comment

I can with SC firmware, do file transfers via ADB on WIFI and wired LAN. I do not see any option within SCV7a or SCV4a settings to allow any changes to network sharing of data, outside of blue tooth. May try testing blue tooth, but it doesn't pertain to Wifi or wired lan protocols.

Not sure if box has a 3rd party firewall app, it may be blocking protocols needed for SAMBA to work. Also I vaguely remember someone having issues with Google dns with internal dns servers. Android devices are usually set to use Google dns, which may effect connectivity between home servers on private dns, using a gateway.

I did check and found some apps or tools that push Google dns system wide, even if you have not configured your device. Some firmwares default with Google dns pushed to the system, by build.prop entry.

Just a thought about other things that may cause how your box may be effected outside of how it was built.

Comment

i will check this, i cant remember now why i disable it... i really dont remember lol
        But i have a suspicion it was because something was crashing at the time...

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
          i will check this, i cant remember now why i disable it... i really dont remember lol
          But i have a suspicion it was because something was crashing at the time...
          Hi, I did note you disabled parts of Google location services, seems like fake gps only works on some apps, but not Google. Also find my device does not report the box location, seems that the box does not respond to parts of security administration management.

Comment

I am a hard ES file explorer user, and notice this error some times ago, send by LAN feature won't work on android N and above, FTP and SMB works fine tho.
            Sample cases using "send by LAN" feature, android N send to M works, M send to N "sender disconnected" error, O send to N also "sender disconnected", N to O won't even recognize the device when scanning.

Comment

WOW excellent find. So I Guess this means that its an android issue and ES will have to fine a workaround ? Sucks. I love ES. Never failed me before......ugh

Comment

It works properly.

You have to update your ES File explorer version to its latest version.

Below ES Explorer guide might help you
                ES File Explorer apk is a popular Files and programs management app. Download latest verfied version of the app for Android, iOS, Mac and PC.

Comment

Hi ,

small Info this ES FileExplorer is taken out of Store because of Malware , or similar , was big on Internet ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

i checked it's work properly if you want ES File Explorer in Pc by Checkforpc then check..

Comment

Working...
                    X