Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Minix Neo U9-H SCV1 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( 4pda.ru Mod 10-21-18 )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Minix Neo U9-H SCV1 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( 4pda.ru Mod 10-21-18 )

Modded version of superceleron's Minix U9-H SCV1.

Untested..Tweak it till you break it.
    (Not sure if WIFI works in this mod?)

Modded:Maikl000000

[supercelerons main effort:

Changelog V1:
    • Ok i could do a nice changelog bla bla bla... but i really don't have the time and mood to do it...
    • Is as close to a "true" android tv rom as possible and some bugs fixed....
    Bugs V1:
    • Netflix Android TV flavor is not working as i think you know why... theirs other options but none involve the android tv version... google it.. or search the forum..
    • NO TWRP.... like i said above is a close as original ATV you get...]

Maikl000000 Mod 10-21-18

The remote turns on and off the box, the mouse button on the remote does not work.
    Installed four launcher, two of them ATV.
    Integrated TWRP.
    Integrated SuperSu (root).
    Integrated init.d for user scripts.
    Added library Open GL 3.2 for the performance of games and graphics.
    Integrated AFR of two types, from anpaza is enabled by default and the system can be enabled in the TV settings.
    The status bar and the navigation bar is in Immersive Mode (always hidden and translucent), appears when you hold the mouse.
    All Google services have been removed, third-party markets have been added.
    All unnecessary ones can be deleted via the shortcut with the basket and reboot.
    Works MTP (transfer files via usb over the wire for firmware) To work MTP in the settings for developers disable usb debugging

Download for LP

Download for Non LP

Interesting boot logo can be installed (with 4da.ru account)
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...oil-70443513-1

Hello, is there any one can help to transfer LP version into MEGA space,,,, thanks

Comment

That would be very kind!
      By the time I found and posted..download limit was reached...LOL
      Hope Yandex limit does a reset?

Comment

Try downloading ..link is restored for the moment..

Comment

Small review...still testing.
          Cz-cs32-v2.2 Green board (Non LP)

Android 7.1.2
          G-play services removed
          No web browser.
          ATV Youtube works
          Youtube for Android refuses to run
          Youtube Vanced running at 4k will force reboot box 63?C ( I need a better heatsink).
          Error also caused dark theme to restore back to the white theme.

3d Launcher or ATV launcher...run..not my interest.
          Force reboot caused one of the other launchers to disappear until rebooted.
          Desktop set back to default..and launcher's desktop backup file failed to work (1 time).

No Wifi (Wonder if GTI 9377 wifi TWRP zip will work?).
          Ethernet runs fine. Might have less buffering and better ping (needs way more testing)

Did not reboot to TWRP..but does TWRP from restart with reset pin.
          Many apks set as System programs.
          Su installed, did not risk updating.
          Had to go into app to manually set global permissions due to error /fail on reboot. .​
          Includes an Uninstall System app, works to remove...undesired programs and reduce wasted memory with autostarts.
          * Having removed several launchers and 1/2 dozen screen savers....Backdrop apk crashes frequently...booo.

Desktop AFR fix is evidently in action with some web streams and MxPlayer.
          Turned on HDMI auto adaptation in display setting...and turned it off...seem to be the same results...
          Some web gifs or avi will cause the screen to blank/change. Viewing something like Imgur or 9gag will trigger the HDMI adaptation.
          * Gets intrusive after a short while...

Multiple LED light control options. 1. Breathing mode, 2. Heart-Beat, 3. Always On, 4. Always Off.
          * After shutting off the China Box..the blue light will still be on (Always Off - untested).
          OTA USB port does not pass data. (Might have to do with problem from powered flashing/USB Burn Tool).

SPMC 17.6 Alpha 2 plays 4k streams....very smooth !

Antutu
          V.7 :
          Crashes at 17% "CoastLine"
          V.6 :
          Crashes upon completion
          * No vid pumping and sound was smooth through tests.

Might do some more testing...

Still undecided...will play more...
          Almost done testing....
          Last edited by ReaperMan; 12-23-2018, 00:21.

Comment

Final Thoughts...

If 4k streaming in Kodi is the sole necessity...sure keep it.

If the China Box is idle too long and Backdrop has crashed, the box will go into sleep mode.
            Hit the power button on remote to wake or pull power plug to reboot.

I set up Float and Split A.I. Keyboard for a better response with my Rii I8+ keypad.

Google services are so intertwine with many apps...function becomes restrictive with their removal.
            • Aquamail can't access Gmail servers.
            • Youtube standard will start then refuse to keep running.
            • Youtube vanced (microG) crashed when trying to add accounts.
            • ...Any personal paid app will not be able to verify license....boo!
            Titanium backup worked properly for the first time in about a year of incompatible mods.

Overall I still compliment Minix for the 7.1.2 release and superceleron and Maikl000000 for their modding efforts.

I might try Minix U8-h based on Android 6 or I might try ALVTECH's GT1 Rom if it appears up to date and compatible.

Comment

Working...
            X