Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfawise H96+ pro 3/32gb (CZ-S32-v2.2) with Android TV

Hi,

I have tried searching and looking through topics, but cant really find much about my model.
    I read that i should take it apart to find the exact modelnumber, and its CZ-S32-v2.2, but i cant find much to go on.

I have uploaded pictures of the board, if that helps.

Is it at all possible to run Android TV, instead of plain android? Or am i out of luck with this model.

Thank you.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

You can get ATV styled launchers if that is your goal, while still having access to more compatible applications.

I have recompiled the UI of Lighthome Launcher with New Material Icons and wallpaper set to give it a Modern look. Application is now fully optimized and reduced in size. Compatible with SC H96+ Rom. Enjoy... Screenshots... 2017_12_27_00.57.50.png 2017_12_27_00.52.26.png 2017_12_27_00.56.58.png 2017_12_27_00.57.25.png

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, does that also change the apps to atv?
      The reason i want Android TV, is the better suited tv apps.
      I have a Nvidia Shield in another room with Android TV, where my apps are all suited for tv and remote.
      For example the netflix application for regular android is not very remote friendly, so i wanted Android TV, for a better experience.
      I can see SuperCeleron have an Android TV rom, but im not sure it will work on my version?

I tried installing the Android TV app apk versions through Yalp store saying it was a Shield and also downloading some android tv apks thorugh xda-developers, but neither worked.

Comment

SundBurger
        Even with ATV rom You won;'t be able to use ATV Netflix app. It needs Widevine L1 and our Box ha only L3...

It should work on S32-V2.2. However use imahe for Green PCB.
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

No will not covert standard apks to ATV coded apks.
          You can install SCV4 -ATV for the ATV O.S. I think Poison ROM from XDA has a ..ATV version, as well check out atvXperience (updated recently).

Nvidia has certified Netflix(best you can hope for is 480p on this China Box).
          There is a working(?) Netflix apk but you will have to google where.
          APKMirror.com has archive of netflix apks.
          Try com.netflix.mediaclient_4.16.1_build_15145 as a starting place.

Comment

Thanks again for your replies both of you.

Okay just to sum it all up, no matter what rom I install, even if I get one working with android tv and then emulate f.x a Nvidia Shield the Netflix tv app wont work?
            Or is it only the resolution thats an issue and not the entire tv app?
            Right now it wont work at all on regular android.

I will try out some more apk first, but it seemed like a dead end the last time. Always the same -13 when opened netflix, not supported device.

Comment

Exactly. This Box doesn't have necessary codecs for Netflix (and not only Netflix) to work in more than 480p (there are sam "modded" with 720p) as well as ATV app to work at all.
              ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Working...
              X