Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead H96Pro+ S32-V3(DDR4) 2015-12-15(A15)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead H96Pro+ S32-V3(DDR4) 2015-12-15(A15)?

Hi Guys

I have the above box which suddenly died on me (not during a flash), it just didn't boot last week.
    The two blue lights come on and the red (maybe fibre optic) light when powered up.
    It wasn't being recognised by the USB Burning Tool until I shorted pins 5-6, now it is always recognised when plugged into the laptop.

The problem is I have tried countless ROM's and three male to male cables, but it always crashes on 4% Download UBoot with the following error: [0x11000902]Romcode/Read CheckPara/Error result.

Is there still hope? Or is it time to bin the box?

As always, any help is gratefully received.

Regards
    shaft

Try plugging in the power supply, immediately after you press start on burning tool.
    On my h96 pro plus it only flashes with extra power from the power supply.

Comment

Thanks for the reply TheBlackening. Unfortunately still no joy. Now mostly it fails at 2% Downloading DDR. Occasionally it still makes it 4% where it always fails after 17 seconds.

I've never managed to get passed 4% since shorting the pins, but before that, it wouldn't connect at all to my laptop.

Comment

Do you have another computercomputer you cancan try on?
        Or maybe flash it by booting through a MicroSD card, with the Burn card maker program.

Comment

I have a Win 7 laptop I could try. I'll give it a go...

No still no good on the Win 7 laptop. Exactly the same, fails on 2% USB Control setup error.

Comment

I guess your last resort will be flashing though micro sd card.
            You'll have to prepare the card with a program called burn card maker. You'll find lots of tutorials in Google and YouTube.

Comment

I have already tried that, no joy with that method either. I was convinced when it connected to Burning Tool that I could save it somehow.

Now that I think about it, it may have a faulty HDMI port, as it partially fired up a couple of days ago, showing the H96Pro+ logo but with weird horizontal lines through it. That was as far as it got display wise.

Comment

Maybe yes, it's the HDMI.
                Anyway I'm out off ideas that you can try for a successful flash. Sorry :/
                Unless you try a different micro sd card, i couldn't flash my tv box with a 32Gb card, it would only work with an old 8Gb card that i had laying around.

Comment

Mine is a 16Gb card which I have used successfully before. I think the dustbin is calling! :-)
                  Anyway, many thanks for your help and ideas TB. If everything worked as it should... Where's the fun in that? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                  X