[ROM] ATV9 Android 9.0 Cho Amlogic S912 (DDR/LPPDR) By DaivietPDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys can you tell me how to fix?
    Well i try downgrad to stock rom android 7 amlogic tool stop on 7% uboot error. "uboot"
    But i can install your and workand i can use normal

How to downgrade to 7. stock rom? I try by twrp 3.11 and say on error
    about q201 the file. error 7. I think is about the downgrad android 9 to 7.

*Why i think back to stock rom android 7, well my clock and my blutooth dont work and i cant install whit pin my emuELEC i try push pin but cant starting from tf card.

Comment

Wenn der button nicht geht, dann über MASK Mode versuchen

Comment

I have the Alfawise H96 Pro+, 3/32 DDR4 model (CZ-S32-V3 printed on the green PCB)
        Previously I had the superceleron SCV7A installed, but wanted to try newer android.
        OTA did not work, so I tried the SDCARD method with the beta3 img file in this thread.
        Result: Box did not boot, just the Android P logo and then the spinning anim forever. TWRP and receovery menu was gone.
        Tried to revert to my 7.1.2 rom, but SDCARD method had stopped working on this box.

Then tried with the USB Burning Tool, but with the 7.1.2 rom I only got the same error uboot/get result/disk initial error. At this point I thought my box was totally bricked.

Finally I decided to try the same ATV9 img file I already installed with the SDCARD medthor, but now try it with the USB Burner Tool.
        This was a success, so now I do have this ATV9 rom working here.

Initially I was going to create this post to ask how to change the language, since this rom is set up with Vietnamese as system language. My phone is android 9.0, so the menus as almost similar. But I was missing the option to remove a language, so I was pulling my hair about how to get a readable language enabled.
        Until I realized that you can change the sequence of the prefered languages by using drag-and-drop.

Comment

An update on my experiences so far.
          My main motivation for installing this firmware was that many apps did not work so well on my old 7.1.2 firmware.

Netflix: Did work well on 7.1.2. I had some issues with installing it on 9.0, the Android TV versions did install but failed to run. They always quit with the message that "this version is not compatible with your device". Finally I downloaded the non-Android TV version of Netflix, and that did work.

HBO Max: Installed on 7.1.2, but picture was always freezing or turned black when trying to play video. On 9.0 it installed from the Google playstore and it is working at once.

NRK TV: Working OK on both 7.1.2 and 9.0

Allente: Did install on 7.1.2 and I could play some content, but always freezing picture after a minute or so. It did complain on every start that the app could not be used on rooted devices, but it still continued to run. On 9.0 it is not available on the playstore, versions from apkpure does not install. I managed to install an older version from aptoide, from before the namechange from canaldigital to allente. But this app complains about the device is rooted, and then quits.

Wifi: Working, but I have some problems connecting with certain networks that worked on 7.1.2, but fail to obtain IP-adress on 9.0. Had to set up a new network sharing on my phone to get wifi connected.

Bluetooth works both on 7.1.2 and 9.0

All in all, there are a few bugs, but still the box is a bit more useful with Android 9.0. Even if I really do dislike the AndroidTV interface.

EDIT:
          Just flashed the SuperCeleron Pie ROM found in the "Others AML S912" section. First tried the ATV version, and then the "Normal" (not ATV) version. Both are quite similar to this DavietPDA rom, but I prefer to not have ATV version. I never really understand why anyone would like the limited ATV versions anyway.
          Last edited by amyren; 11-28-2021, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by amyren View Post
            Just flashed the SuperCeleron Pie ROM found in the "Others AML S912" section
            How did you flash the ROM? The reset button seems to be disabled by this ROM. I can't boot from sd card or usb stick. I was able to get to a crude recovery menu from 'su' and then 'reboot recovery' from the command line in TermUX that I installed. I didn't see anything of help in the menu. I can not get an adb connection. Please share your experience. I like this ROM but want to try another before settling on this one.

P. S. Thanks for the tip on changing languages.

Comment

As it so often happens, I found a solution just a bit after I posted. I ended up using the masking method as shown here
              Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

I used the photos here to locate the pins to short on my H96 Pro+, a S912 box.
              I had a question I hope someone could help with. I have an H96 Pro Plus box the CPU is a S912 3GB RAM 32GB of storage. It is bricked and one other post

I used a probe from a multimeter (unplugged of course). The pointy end made it a good tool. Worked without any problems. I'd still like to hear how you (@amyren) did it. I've fooled around with these embedded systems (fooled around is the key term, I am by far no expert) and have never resorted to this technique that I have always considered invasive and brute force. Actually, it didn't hurt too much. Me or the box.

Comment

When flashing the rom I did use the Usb Burn tool. You need a male-to-male usb cable to do this. Insert the usb cable into the usb port that is closest to the powerplug, and the other end into a computer.
                Then, in the usb burn tool, load the img file. Untick the "erase bootloader", and press start.
                Then connect the powerplug into the AndroidTV box, and hopefully the flashing will start.

When finished 100%, disconnect the usb cable and reboot.

Edit: My laptop does have a USB-C port, so I did use a phone charging cable for this.

Edit2: Now I am in that same situation as you was. The above method does not work on my box anymore after trying a wrong rom. My box is not the same revision as yours, so I have not been able to find pictures or instructions of which chip and pins I need to short.
                Last edited by amyren; 12-05-2021, 14:06.

Comment

The heatsink side of my PCB has 'S32-V3(DDR4)' while the backside has a sticker with 'CZ 3G+32G+9377' printed on it. I think we have the same boards but that is for you to decide.

I have run into another firmware for a MXQ 4K box seems to disable the reset button. I don't know if u-boot itself disables the reset button or if it is in fw environment variables. I don't even know if these boxes have fw environment variables. Most of my u-boot experience is with NAS boxes that do use fw environment variables. Aiden MacGregor has posted that he doesn't have the source for the u-boot used with his ROM, another ROM for the S912. He just used one from another project. His ROM also disables the reset button. I would need to hook up a serial console to see the boot process but I've never had any luck doing that with these TV boxes.

Comment

Hallo, I have alfawise h96 pro+ blue pcb S32-v6(PLDDR3) 2017-09-05 , can I flash this ?

Comment

I want the stock firmware for my box
                      mk pro s7 plus or any soft
                      Please

Comment

Hello @ll. I would like to ask if there is any slimbox version compatible with Alfawise H96 Pro+, 3/32 DDR4 green pcb?

Comment

Originally posted by sohoceasars View Post
                          Hello @ll. I would like to ask if there is any slimbox version compatible with Alfawise H96 Pro+, 3/32 DDR4 green pcb?
                          In search engine/ browser
                          Type this

Slimboxtv.ru

You will need translator
                          Firmware Tab
                          Select S912
                          Look for your China Box.
                          Almost sure I saw file for your box
                          I have same box

Good luck

Happy Testing

Comment

Dear freddy thank you for your reply.
                            Can yu please tell me which slimboxTV version did you tried?
                            At Slimboxtv.ru green board referring to 2/16 Lpddr memory.

Comment

Originally posted by sohoceasars View Post
                              Dear freddy thank you for your reply.
                              Can yu please tell me which slimboxTV version did you tried?
                              At Slimboxtv.ru green board referring to 2/16 Lpddr memory.
                              I have this box
                              It is currently collecting dust
                              Have not tested since before covid or longer.
                              Got from a friend who bricked it.
                              It was not bricked
                              Had hot plugged HDMI cable.

So only av out now works
                              It was green board cz s32 v2.2
                              Ram ddr3
                              Not lpddr3 like at slimboxtv

There where many variations of this box
                              Check the op

I will dig box up n see what us happen

Maybe is no slimboxtv for your box as well

Happy Testing