Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP not starting from SDCARD

Hi guys
    I am openning second thread as I cannot find solution to my case anywhere. here, XDA or 4PDA.
    I have 4K 3Gb DDR4 + 16 Flash with q9377. Android 7.1.1

I want to flash new customROM but before that I would really like to make a full nandroid backup of current one. I know there are many stock online but had some problem in the past and just for sure I wand this which is on my device now and is working lets say fine.
    So i tried SDCARD method with putting recovery.img on root directory and start device with toothpick. So far nothing.
    I tired around 15 different recoveri.img all over the net and nothing so far. All of them load H96 pro+ logo and that is it. I have LED in front to tell me whether device is working and during booting it lit a bit dimmer and in some recovery images after showing the logo start to shine a bit brighter. This is the only difference I have with all recoveries i tried. Tried to remove all USB devices from the box, only HDMI and power cord connected - same thing. I am using 4GB microSD formatted as FAT32. tried to find how to check is my bootloader locked but when I chose "reboot to bootloader" and device hangs on blank screen. Nothing happens. So cannot be sure of that. Device is rooted this is for certain.

So please help guys. Many thanks in advance!

p.s.
    tried following images: 3.0.2.0, beelink 3.1.1.0, beeling GT1, q201-32, q201-64, q20x. and the list goes long.
    Last edited by Ewing; 09-30-2017, 19:19.

Hi again folks,
    if someone of you has TWRP for 16Gb internal storage please share. for android 7.1.1. I will test and give an feedback.
    thank you in advance!

Comment

I also have the same issue. I want to make a Nandroid Backup, but TWRP does not start. My board is q9377. Does TWRP Exists for this ?

Comment

q9377 is name of WiFi chip, not the board.
        Which TWRP You tried? One inside superceleron's Roms should work (tehre is recovery.img file inside updates, just open it using WinRar or 7zip).
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
          q9377 is name of WiFi chip, not the board.
          Which TWRP You tried? One inside superceleron's Roms should work (tehre is recovery.img file inside updates, just open it using WinRar or 7zip).
          ch3mn3y Sorry my Mistake regarding q9377.
          I download SCV7A OTA 7.1.2 from this Thread, extracted recovery.img to the root of a 32GB FAT32 Formatted MicroSD-Card.
          Powered ON the Box while pressing the button using a toothpick. H96 Logo appears, and stays there. Nothing happens for a long time.
          EDIT: One more update... Many Thks to my beta tester's trebor and scooter2014 ! READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!! UPDATE LIKE THIS - SCV4 (IMG)

Comment

ch3mn3y 
            Okay one more thing, I openned up the Box Today to check the DDR3/DDR4 thing.
            Its Green Colour PCB, and the number on the board is S32-V3 (DDR4). Yours is S32-V6.
            And I also don't know the Brand of the Box. Like Alfawise or some other. How can we check that ? Its not written on the Box or or PCB either

Comment

As far as I know before Wisdom board, all were made by Alfawise. Wisdom is new thing, it came same time or after S32-V5, so Yours shoud be made by Alfawise.

As for booting recovery I can only say the I push the pin till I see TWRP logo, but I heard that it's enough to stop pushing it after 3-5 seconds after LEDs light up.
              Maybe size of catlrd matters? I used 8 GB FAT32 one. Didn-t check with bigger one, and now I have one flashed onto recovery partition, so I cannot check it anymore.
              ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
                I used 8 GB FAT32 one. Didn-t check with bigger one.
                I also tried a 4 GB one, but that didn't worked either.
                Anyway, now I have flashed SCV7A on the Box, and it is working perfectly. After installing SCV7A, SD-Card also did boot up from recovery.img as well.
                Don't know what was the issue, in booting from SD-Card when Stock firmware was installed.
                Thanks for the support ch3mn3y :-)

Comment

Originally posted by areeb View Post

I also tried a 4 GB one, but that didn't worked either.
                  Anyway, now I have flashed SCV7A on the Box, and it is working perfectly. After installing SCV7A, SD-Card also did boot up from recovery.img as well.
                  Don't know what was the issue, in booting from SD-Card when Stock firmware was installed.
                  Thanks for the support ch3mn3y :-)
                  How exactly did you flash it? Just extract all files from the scv7a .rar file and copy the recovery.img to the sdcad? I want to flash mine. thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X