X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Handy read for those having problems with a bricked device Amlogic

phillil Thanks for your write up may help others

A Handy read for those having problems with bricked device
    This is specific to a H96pro Plus 3/16...
    Regardless of the Amlogic Media player and Rom used in this example, theory is the same just use the correct Rom for your player:

01-09-2018, 07:57

I also had a bricked H96 Pro Plus (3gb RAM / 16Gb flash), after trying to unroot the device with SuperSU.

I spent many, many hours reading many, many threads and i eventually found the solution. So a big THANKYOU to everyone who has posted problems and solutions. Without your help my H96 Plus + would still be bricked.

Initially, my box wail fail at the H96 Pro logo, but for some reason wouldn't even output to HDMI, with only a feint blue LED.

This is what I learnt.....
    - no HDMI output doesn't mean it is totally bricked
    - it took me a while to work out that only 1 usb socket on the box works (closest to the SD card)
    - usb burning tool 2.0.8 worked fine
    - laptop must use usb 2.0 (usb 3.0 does NOT work!)
    - there is NO NEED to connect the box to a power supply. The eMCC h96 flash can be powered and accessed from the laptop usb 2.0 alone
    - the laptop usb 2.0 will sometimes reduce power output if it doesn't see activity for a few minutes (so try unplugging/replugging if failure)
    - the connection between h96 and laptop can be started 3 ways and is not fussy
    option 1. click start on the laptop with usb already connected
    option 2. connect the usb with the flash process already started
    option 3. use a paperclip to reset the box with the usb already connected and flash process started
    - all the above methods will cause the flash process to restart

- it is VERY important to try lots of dfferent ROM's!!
    - sometime a ROM will stop a 2% every time
    - some ROMs will appear to stop at any random point (2%, 10% 90% etc.) each time it is run. I thought this was a problem with power, or usb cable, but it was just the WRONG ROM!
    - the "aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20170422" rom didn't work for me, and crashed out at random %
    - after about 10 ROMS , "aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_LP_KDMC_mac-20171010" worked with success!!

My method;
    1. start laptop and load USB Burning tool 2.0.8
    2. open ROM 20171010 above (MAC licence issue already fixed)
    3. click start
    4. connect box to laptop with correct usb sockets
    5. flash process auto starts
    6. success!! - unplug usb
    7. click stop
    8. connect h96 to tv and power on - first boot took about 5 minutes

Source: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...074#post700074
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab
Working...
X