This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 pro plus in A car

I am putting H96 pro+ in my car. I added a touch pannel to my 7" display as it's not touch. Connect it to the box and it works fine.
    However, the scrolling and swaping is not working, although it works on Sygic Car Navigation app, as will as hold and drag.
    one more thing, I need to keep showing the navigation bar which disappears as soon as it boots.
    I can show again using the mouse to pull it up. But I won't it there permanently.
    Any ideas are appreciate.

H96 PRO PLUS
    3G 32GB

Edit your build.prop.

Gosh, I am surprised you did not pickup a used $50 tablet with L1 DRM, and gps built in.
    Also, you can turn a tablet into Android TV, by changing tablet to TV in the build.prop device type. You will also need to add device to be television in the permissions.xml. No need to add leanback, and leanback only In the permission, as well.

i assume your permissions.xml is missing touch capabilities, as it seems many firmwares ATV based have a bit of missing permissions, found on many phone based.

Comment

Thanks for reply. I used this for some reasons. I want to keep my original display and I use video interface to which I connect the box.I also connect a usb gps receiver and usb microphone for vioce command. I installed the ATV rom before but I want maps like Sygic whic can't be on ATV. So I came back to the previous rom.

I tried to edit the build pro. Line ' presist.sys.power_on.hide_bar=on' but the bar still hides.
      for the touch,it's working but no scroll or swipe. pinching to zoom work on Sygic map.
      By the way, my knowledge is limited so I welcome any supporting details. How to add permission xml.?

I will try to edit first and see.

Comment

OK, what you can do is... save the permissions folder, located in the system/etc folder on a sd card. It will have all the phone features enabled for you to use in ATV firmware.

I have a master build.prop I think I attached in my Tablet ATV thread. You can use It in ATV as well.

You will need to do a clean flash of ATV base, and flash the ATV ota update and do a factory reset. Once everything is done, you can copy the missing permissions files that were saved in the SD card inside the permissions folder in system/etc. Make sure the new files have permissions set to 644 with root as the owner.

Rename the TV permissions file, by adding .txt at the end of its xml extension.

rename the build.prop by adding .bk at the end of the prop extension. Then copy the master build.prop from my tablet ATV mod thread. Make sure the permissions are set to 644 with root as the owner.

Once you verified all the files are proper with location and permissions, reboot.

you will not notice any change but... play store and play services will need to be updated.

first in settings go Into apps and scroll down to play store and uninstall updates, then go into play services and uninstall updates. Reboot again.

Once rebooted, try opening play store, it will fail a few times, then it will open the phone version of play store. Once that Is done you can use your box as you like. It will be 99% phone and tablet compatible, as long as you keep Chrome updated and functional.

As for ATV apps they will be 100% compatible if you have L1 drm, and understand limits with the latest version of YouTube and some newly releases of some apps.

Comment

Thanks for the details. I tried to install different ATV roms but I couldn't ,although I did before, neither twrp. However I prefer to keep the current rom SCV7A. I downloaded your rom I found a multitouch xml permission file( the last line 'faketouch ' shall I delete this line and copy it to my rom ?If possible, what modifications should I do to the build prop to work properly and also to keep the navigationbar permanently.
          Regrards
          Last edited by Henngel; 10-06-2018, 13:35.

Comment

Well, I managed to keep the navigationbar by editing the build pro. Line "power_on hid navigationbar=on to off.​​​​still trying to managethe touch problem with scrolling nd swiping. I tried the touch panel on Win 7. Things are the same scrolling and piching can be done with 2 fingers only!

Comment

I Contacted with the supplier of the touch panel for a long time until I got a new file for the panel. Now it working very well.
              the touch is smooth as will as multitouch and swipe.
              my next stepbis to add a microphone for voice control.
              Any suggestions would be welcomed .

Comment

Working...
              X