No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 Bluetooth 4.1 + HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the kodi add one shutting down looks like these boxes best buy again Netflix is hd lol.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
      Is it just me or does it seem ridiculous that we have to modify a Brand New box ourselves so that it functions properly?
      Most don't have to modify - L seems a bit on the edge heatwise for me, so I prefer to tinker a bit to get a safer experience.
      I do like to tinker !

I think (personally) that MeCool could have used a better HS and had slots in the lid for ventilation but these boxes are right at the cheap end of the spectrum and are pretty damn good out of the box.
      MeCool should be praised for providing some decent updates, along with being the only (to my knowledge) cheap boxes with Widevine L1 and now Full Std ATV giving 4K YouTube and 1080P Netflix out of the box.

Functions even better ... Magendanz ROMs

Comment

Thanks again P.X for the excellent videos/ pics.

As a matter of interest, did you get the fan, heatsink compound etc from a well known online auction site?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
          Is it just me or does it seem ridiculous that we have to modify a Brand New box ourselves so that it functions properly?
          If we wanted a device that just works, we would purchase a more expensive device, but that would be too boring for most of us.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

P.X, I think a thermistor attached to the heat sink, may be able to control the fan speed.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Any way to play hdr videos in Android? YouTube hdr works well but mx player and vlc don't.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                P.X, I think a thermistor attached to the heat sink, may be able to control the fan speed.
                I would guess an active circuit of some kind would be needed as well as a thermistor. Doubt you can find one that would work on it's own, but an expert could advise ?

In the meantime this works for me. A simple bigger HS and extra vents on the top +lifted lid (and/or Trebor's Underfloor Cooling Pads) would probably be enough for most as long as they aren't living somewhere propper hot !

Comment

Does anybody know what the Amlogic S912 cpu is rated for, temperature-wise? I read on a forum it's rated to 86c but not sure if that's official.

If it's working fine (not freezing or rebooting, etc.) I probably wouldn't worry about it and just leave it be.

Comment

Originally posted by dave3 View Post
                    I read on a forum it's rated to 86c but not sure if that's official.
                    can you please tell me the forum-link? thanks

i am looking for further good forums (like this here) where speaking about this Mecool box pro L

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

can you please tell me the forum-link? thanks

i am looking for further good forums (like this here) where speaking about this Mecool box pro L
                      It's a forum for the Minix U9-H, which uses the same Amlogic S912 cpu as the Mecool M8S Pro L.

Comment

Originally posted by dave3 View Post

It's a forum for the Minix U9-H, which uses the same Amlogic S912 cpu as the Mecool M8S Pro L.

ahh ok, thanks.

Comment

Hi all, i am new to this site and are also a owner of a mecool M8s Pro but as far as i know not the L version.

Bought it in august and still have the sellers installed firmware on it, its an august firmware build, but i am wondering if i maybe have the L version (its not printed on top) because my unit does have widefine L1 drm installed, netflix, youtube perfect working.

Because the wife is happy with the netflix support i have not installed a custom firmware as i do need the L1 drm support and don't want to lose it

do i maybe have a special normal m86 pro rom installed? or do all m86 pro have L1 support?

Comment

Please make mail-request to Videostrong concerning missing reset swtch, look my mail here

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...168#post688168

If more users do it, we perhaps get it...thanks a lot!

Comment

I just received my M8S Pro L (I got the 32gb version). I updated it to the latest stock firmware and installed Kodi and tested Netflix on it. So far so good.

I also ordered a Rii i8+ bluetooth remote/keyboard (haven't received it, yet). But the included remote works surprisingly well. Not sure if I'll need the Rii. I think it will be good for typing in tv show and movie names to search Kodi and Netflix, though.

I noticed the box was a little warm, but nothing that I'd think would be problematic. But it was only on for about an hour. I see there is open ventilation on the sides and the bottom of the box, so if cooling becomes an issue, I wonder if you could just set it upside down, so the bottom ventilation could be more effective.

Comment

I today ordered last 3/32 box from geekbuying italy warehouse for 68,73 usd, can't wait for dhl to test it. I wanted to buy from china since was cheaper but was not sure if the customs would open the package and how much would need to pay import tax

Comment

Working...
                                X