No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 Bluetooth 4.1 + HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated, box keeps freezing, only fix is to unplug and plug back in. Sometimes it reboots on its own as well.

It has the latest firmware.

Not sure if it's software or hardware issue.
    Last edited by RobertK; 11-09-2017, 04:20.

Comment

RobertK, that's not good.. tried the Android TV rom instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Boleh View Post
        RobertK, that's not good.. tried the Android TV rom instead?
        I'll try anything. Which Rom are you referring to? Would like to try on an sd card if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post

I'll try anything. Which Rom are you referring to? Would like to try on an sd card if possible.
          Create a LibreELEC OS on a microSD card, and use that for testing. If it does Play perfectly, you can "assume", you have issues with the firmware and not the hardware. It does not affect your existing Android OS.

In order for the box to boot into LibreELEC, you MUST copy the correct device tree onto your bootable microSD card you just created.Link on how to install Li...
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post

Any luck, mate? You could try the Nexus Rom from hereÂ*http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

Or the one mentioned by clarkss12Â*above

Edit: Reading the other thread, I think your issue might be overheating and not firmware related
            Last edited by Boleh; 11-09-2017, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Boleh View Post

Any luck, mate? You could try the Nexus Rom from hereÂ*http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

Or the one mentioned by clarkss12Â*above

Edit: Reading the other thread, I think your issue might be overheating and not firmware related
              I am going to buy an sd card this weekend and try Librelec first and see if it helps.

also see that there is a new firmware available.

i hope it is not an overheating issue as I don’t want to have to open the box and mess with the internals :-(

Comment

New OTA Update can be found here
                http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...568#post684568

Thanks to the Guest and others

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Found Heat sink stuck on good still a little warm,
                  Quick mod to cool it by 10 C on idle...

Click image for larger version  Name:	heat.png Views:	1 Size:	204.3 KB ID:	684664Click image for larger version  Name:	2heat.png Views:	1 Size:	228.5 KB ID:	684662Click image for larger version  Name:	feet.png Views:	2 Size:	207.5 KB ID:	684663

And some Big feet to allow more circulation.
                  Last edited by trebor; 11-12-2017, 22:32.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi folk's,

Trying to decide which box to get, one of these or a Xiaomi Mi Box? Which would you get?

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                      Hi folk's,

Trying to decide which box to get, one of these or a Xiaomi Mi Box? Which would you get?

Any help would be appreciated
                      What do you plan on using it for?
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi clarkss12, thanks for the reply.

I want a box to play Netflix and Youtube in HD. Not bothered about playing games on it, I have a PC for that!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                          Hi clarkss12, thanks for the reply.

I want a box to play Netflix and Youtube in HD. Not bothered about playing games on it, I have a PC for that!

Cheers
                          Cheapest option so far
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion trebor, but it lacks a few options I'd like, such as 5G ac WiFi and bluetooth.

Out of the M8s pro L and the Mi Box, which is better?

Thanks for any help

Comment

Yes was going to say No BT, but an option, Mi box is locked down so no custom Rom etc i beleive
                              I recall you get 4K on Mi Box with Netflix, only HD on these,

Good to have both really..
                              Clarky will tell ya, can never have to many....
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

OK thanks, that's interesting. I don't have a 4K TV at the moment, so not really a problem.

Think I'll give the Pro L a try for now. I'm sure the Mi Box would be good, but the Pro L could be more fun!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X