Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root access gone.?

Hi guys,
    I have always been using raspberry pi libreelec but after seeing how much BETTER iptv works on android, I am now here.
    So I bought the MECOOL m8s pro L box and found out that the biggest challenge isnt video playback or ethernet or router settings etc,,its something one would think would be the most basic of all . The bloody remote control.!!!
    I mean, the boxes are cheap, but seriously.?
    Anyway was trying to update the remote conf file and was told by root checker the box has root access.
    I deleted and replaced the first file which didnt work.Went to try the second and found I couldnt delete the conf file again.
    Did a scan with root checker which told me the box has NO root access.??
    Pls help me out with this.
    Is this normal.?
    What did I do to remove root access.?

Anyone here .???

Comment

Originally posted by Barny View Post
      Anyone here .???
      Hi ,

i think you have to root your Box once more , is the App SuperSu

or similar installed ??? greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i think you have to root your Box once more , is the App SuperSu

or similar installed ??? greetings / gefattern
        Hi ,
        well the Supersu app is there. This is my first experience with android so must be a simple step I left out but I do know root checker told me I HAD root access before but now no.So annoying these remotes not working. Box is great otherwise.
        Should I reset the box.?

Comment

Originally posted by Barny View Post

Hi ,
          well the Supersu app is there. This is my first experience with android so must be a simple step I left out but I do know root checker told me I HAD root access before but now no.So annoying these remotes not working. Box is great otherwise.
          Should I reset the box.?
          Hi ,

yes make a reset , but then all Data is gone , u have to update SuperSu after Restore / App self (Playstore) & SU Binaries (open & App ask) /

do not use the crappy Remote , use a Airmouse or BT Mouse & Keyboard , better , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
          X