Vorke Z1 freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vorke Z1 freezing

September I purchased five (5) Vorke Z1 TV boxes(3GB DDR4, 32GB) at Geekbuying.

Four (4) boxes freeze on boot up IMMEDIATELY after installing ANY builds on Kodi (No limits builds or Ares Wizard).

Boxes arrived with firmware version 20170605.112313.v0321.
    Volke support recommended upgrading to July 20170701.121615.v0321.

Unfortunately freezing problem persists ... tv boxes don't boot after installing Kodi builds.

Anyone else have this problem with Vorke Z1 or… Mecool BB2 Pro tv boxes?
    Is problem hardware (32GB EMMc storage chip) or… software related (Android 7.1.1)??
    Anyone have a possible solution?
    Last edited by Robertoq; 11-21-2017, 16:15.

I have the same problem. I've tried both 7.1.1 roms from the Vorke site and both freeze on boot and shut down most of the time. Very disappointing.

Comment

Agree… disappointing.
      I’ve exhausted 40+ hours trying to solve problems and am very busy at work.

I emailed [email protected] a few times and sadly no conclusive solution.

Vorke needs to Z1 upgrade rom soonest.

I am now considering filing a complaint with PayPal AND requesting full reimbursement for the five (5) tv boxes.

Sending all five boxes back to China cost $100 CDN and takes 2-3 months by ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertoq View Post
        Agree… disappointing.
        I’ve exhausted 40+ hours trying to solve problems and am very busy at work.

I emailed [email protected] a few times and sadly no conclusive solution.

Vorke needs to Z1 upgrade rom soonest.

I am now considering filing a complaint with PayPal AND requesting full reimbursement for the five (5) tv boxes.

Sending all five boxes back to China cost $100 CDN and takes 2-3 months by ship.
        You should .
        Why did you order 5 boxes ? Are you a reseller ? It's a tough game I don't want to play now.
        I'm glad my Z6 works .

Comment

Purchased boxes for friends.

Actually I purchased two (2) Vorke Z1 2GB DDR3 16GB in January 2017.
          No problems with this hardware. Boxes run smoothly.

The five (5) Vorke Z1 3GB DDR4 32GB purchased are problematic.

Sooooooo.... Anyone know if freezing caused by hardware (DDR4 ram or 32GB emmc) or operating system (Android 7.1.1) problem??

Thanks in advance for help.

Comment

I've spent today trying to find a ROM which works with the Z1. I wasn't having much luck until I found a BB2 Pro ROM with 6.0.1. I've tested it for a few hours (kodi included) and for me it works really well. Not one freeze on either boot or shut down! (Perhaps it's a 7.1 problem).

Here's the download link. I installed it with the USB Burning Tool.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

I found it on the following YouTube link:

Like I say on the video. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Android 6.0 Firmwarehttps://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-1c49cefdThe box I'm using here https://goo.gl/Pc1...

Comment

Thanks for the update Glaven.

COMMENTS:

I’ve tested installing on Z1 several updated ROMS (Android 7.0.1 or 7.1.2) resulting in various problems, including unrecognizable WIFI routers, malfunctioning Vorke remote and, YESSSSSSS, startup freezing especially AFTER installation of any KODI builds .

To date, of the five (5) Z1 boxes purchased for very UNHAPPY friends,
              .. One Z1 box (1) has been stable right out of the box with the original ROM - Vorke_Z1-userdebug7.1.1 NMF26Q20170605.112313.V0321.
              .. Two (2) boxes have been stable 1-weeks (little use) AFTER installation ROM - Vorke_Z1-ROOT-PC-MHC19J-20161207.102746.V0923.
              .. Two (2) boxes are freezing with all Vorke and/or other tested ROMS (Android 6 or 7)

Glaven, this weekend I will install and test your recommended Android 6.0.1 ROM - BB2_PRO-MHC19J-20170331.143515.V0923.img.

For your information, I was planning installing\testing SCV1-A7.1.2-Magicsee.IRON-Plus.img. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...normal-version

Hopefully one of these ROMS stabilizes the two (2) remaining freezing Vorke Z1 boxes.

Let you know soonest how goes.
              Last edited by scooter2014; 12-04-2017, 23:58.

Comment

Glaven,

Well… I installed and tested the BB2 Pro ROM with Android 6.0.1 on Vorke Z1 box.

Test results were mixed.

TEST #1 – I downloaded Kodi 17.6 from Google Play store and installed No Limits Build 8.5. Unfortunately freezing occurred during installation No Limits Build and Z1 froze at startup. ROM NOT stable.

TEST #2 - In Recovery mode I did a wipe of data/factory reset and cache partition. This time I installed the No Limits Build 8.5 on Mecools supplied Kodi TV Center (17.0-RC3 2017-01-09). Again … freezing happened during No Limits Build installation and Z1 frooze at startup. ROM NOT stable.

TEST #3 – Again in Recovery mode I did a data/factory reset and cache partition. But this time instead of testing another Kodi build () I decided to INDIVIDUALLY download\install\test 3-4 popular Kodi movie\tv APPS on in Mecool’s Kodi TV Center (17.0-RC3 2017-01-09). BINGO. NO freezing with the Mecools KODI TV Center app. I was able to watch tv shows and movies. NO freezing with Kodi or when turning on and off the tv box with remote. WOW!!

CONCLUSION – I think freezing problems MAY be related with certain Android files being damaged and\or “written over” during installation of Builds (No Limits or other apps) installation in Kodi. Also I agree with you ROMS with Android 7.0.1 or 7.1.2 have MAJOR problems with Amilogic S912 processors. My next tv box purchase will have a Celeron chipset and Microsoft Windows operating system!!

QUESTION - Glaven, did you install a Kodi build when you successfully tested the Mecool ROM with 6.0.1?? If so, which build?
                Last edited by scooter2014; 12-04-2017, 23:57.

Comment

Hi Robertoq

Glad that you eventually got things working.

My version of Kodi is the latest download from Google Play, 17.6. I have tested it with the addons that you mentioned (except for No Limits) and the ROM is still stable. I must have deleted Mecool's Kodi TV Center so I can't test that (I seem to recall that when I deleted the same app on the original BB2 - the one with 2MB Ram - the box no longer crashed).

​Regards Glaven

Comment

Hi,

I have same problem with freezing screen when I Connect my Vorke Z1.
                    My First vorke works smoothly with ROM androidTV from SuperCelerom but when I bought 3 devices for family and Friends I have this problem.
                    I tried several ROMs with android 6 and 7 but with same problem.
                    Could please explain me what is Mecool’s Kodi TV Center (17.0-RC3 2017-01-09)? Is a Firmware?

Thanks for your help!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X