Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO 3/32 - Bluetooth is not working on its own or with ethernet only working when wifi is connected ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S PRO 3/32 - Bluetooth is not working on its own or with ethernet only working when wifi is connected ???

I've come across a really frustrating issue and I'm not sure if it is ROM related or hardware related so I would be super grateful if I could get confirmation from someone else here!

It's a Bluetooth issue for me with an MS8 PRO 3/32 model but I suspect this might apply to any MS8 PRO model. The bottom line is I have found bluetooth connections are only possible if wifi is connected.

I am running Mecool M8S Pro Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1) from Magendanz M8S_PRO-V0928_Nano-20171116.img

This is a pain in the ass if like me you want to stream your pc games over ethernet to your media player and use a wireless bluetooth gamepad connected to the media player to play pc games in the bedroom!

I've done some testing and basically for Bluetooth to work you must be connected on wifi first. If you have bluetooth turned on with wifi turned off/not connected then bluetooth doesnt work. If you connect ethernet then wifi or just ethernet then bluetooth doesn't work. And even when you connect wifi first and then ethernet bluetooth does work for a little while before both the wifi and bluetooth connections drop out. So the only time you have "stable" bluetooth is when you are also using wifi only which defeats the purpose of buying a media player with ethernet support! Grrrrrrr Don't understand why bluetooth is not working on its own or with ethernet!

Is anyone else seeing this behavior or if you can, can you please test/confirm?
    If its a ROM issue I need to find a ROM that fixes this otherwise I need to send this box back to supplier and look at another model/brand!

PS for those not aware how game streaming is done and are curious you can stream with combination of GeForce Experience (Game Stream Option) on PC and Moonlight Streaming App on Android and I use SixAxis Controller App on android to connect a wireless PS3 controller

Also for those wanting to test this bluetooth issue you can try connecting to any bluetooth device (mobile phone, bluetooth speaker, etc) turn bluetooth on and wifi off on your MS8 PRO and see if you can connect to any bluetooth device?

I can confirm the Bluetooth ethernet problem with this ROM (Mecool M8S Pro Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1) from Magendanz M8S_PRO-V0928_Nano-20171116.img). Thus I think I should switch back to the original ROM. Perhaps you should refer the Bluetooth ethernet problems to Magendanz. .

Comment

Im on the factory ROM, BT works ok. Im using a BT dongle connected to my HIFI and use the M8 to stream music to it.

Comment

hassanJ Is your wifi on and connected while you are using Bluetooth? Trying using Bluetooth with WIFI turned off and see if it still works?

Comment

Originally posted by r3dcat
          hassanJ Is your wifi on and connected while you are using Bluetooth? Trying using Bluetooth with WIFI turned off and see if it still works?
          no, i had wifi switched off

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Everyone! I have found an easy work around if your seeing this problem/bug finally
            If BlueTooth is dropping out when your connected through Ethernet just turn on "Portable WiFi Hotspot" and presto problem fixed

Comment

Working...
            X