Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which take?: M8S Pro DDR4 3GB+16G S912 TV Box OR newest Amazon Fire TV 2017 Box for .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiturk
    replied
    LUX: thanks for your informations. I think you have totally right.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Its always good to have both types of Media players
    One that is Legit as in can do all the L1 and HD 4k etc paid streaming services etc.
    But a good, media player from China is also entertaining to have and you can have a bit of enjoyment as well
    Just be careful what you buy, You do pay for what you get

Lots of reading to do, but go with boxes that do have support many to be found on FT

Leave a comment:

• Lux
    replied
    The FireTV Stick and Box are the latest 2017 Releases.

The China Box hardware is cheaper junk. Alone the wireless not working properly or not at all says it all. There are no security patches. Updates are good times bad.
    After 9 months my conclusion is: Stay away from the cheap ones.
    There are still boxes out with Widevine L3. Who wants SD if HD goes? If the box costs 30 dollars on sale, what does it cost in the making
    The Amazon boxes have few things missing (USB / LAN) but for pure streaming they are great. Had so far no abnormalities.
    Unfortunately, the market for good boxes is rare. Nvidia Shield is too expensive. Apple is castrated.
    Unfortunately, Nexus Player has been discontinued. There are no followers yet.
    In any case, I will not grow any more China Box.

Leave a comment:

• multiturk
    replied
    Hi Lux, please inform me,
    a) if you install a new firmware for Mecool M8S pro (3GB/16GB), with which you are satisfy, and
    b) which model of Amazon Boxe(s) you have bought (or which one you can prefer)...
    Regards,

Leave a comment:

• Lux
    replied
    I own 3 Android Boxes(Mecool L/Tanix Mini/GT1 Standard)
    All of these have massive Problems with Wifi Connection. In my opinion without LAN not really a fun.

The MEcool is okay. But i use it now only for Kodi. Maybe I try a other ROM from Magedanz or Superceleron.
    Since i bought the Amazon Boxes i´m really enjoy watching Netflix/AVP/DAZN)
    No Problems with WIFI.

Leave a comment:

• multiturk
    replied
    hi, i read in onther forums, the owner of mecools have same problems... i informed the gearbest, which i buy the box, but they ask me to send the box to china. this isnt possible from my side...

Leave a comment:

• josephinee
    replied
    did you inform yourself a lot about the mecool boxes? are they all so flawed in general?

Leave a comment:

• multiturk
    replied
    so so, i think i will do the same.... i will sell this box, and buy another one, but never mecool.... thanks for you quick info, have a nice day...

Leave a comment:

• josephinee
    replied
    Originally posted by multiturk View Post
    Hi Lux,
    do you happy with MECOOL M8S PRO 3GB 16GB ?? I have problems with WIFI, since 2 months... Sometimes it's goes to close, after 10 - 15 seconds goes again on.... I try several firmwares, like for MECOOL or NEXUS... But I cannot fixed this problem...
    same here, thats why i prever the amazon box. In the same place no problems with fire box, but the mecool box i can try in different positions it is not better, i also try it with lan, not better!

Leave a comment:

• multiturk
    replied
    Hi Lux,
    do you happy with MECOOL M8S PRO 3GB 16GB ?? I have problems with WIFI, since 2 months... Sometimes it's goes to close, after 10 - 15 seconds goes again on.... I try several firmwares, like for MECOOL or NEXUS... But I cannot fixed this problem...

Leave a comment:

• Lux
    replied
    Hi.
    I have both.
    For Kodi I use several Android Boxes.
    For Netflix/APV/DAZN I use FireTVBox/Stick.
    Best Solution for me!!

Leave a comment:

• which take?: M8S Pro DDR4 3GB+16G S912 TV Box OR newest Amazon Fire TV 2017 Box for .......

Hello hope you understand my broken english

For Christmas I got these two devices, please help me by telling me which one to keep.

I will only stream movies with kodi in 1080p, no hdr. Can connect via LAN.

Besides streaming movies about Kodi, I want to play.

i like the optic of the user interface of fire tv much better, i have no problem to buy a usbhub for a USB-STICK oder Gamepad for the fire tv...

Please tell me how great the performance of the CPu, Graphiccard is against each other?
Working...
X