Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Blue Tooth Voice Control 3/32GB Amlogic S912 A7.1 YT 4K Netflix HD Dual WiFi BT4.1 100Mbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakata View Post
    Is there a later version or a .zip version available?

Comment

Need some info....

Does anyone have a USB HDD (powered or otherwise) connected to this box and set up as an internal drive?

If so what kinda read/write speeds are you getting?

I just ordered a 4TB powered HDD and plan to use that as an internal drive cause I'm tired of constantly moving downloaded videos over to an external drive .

Also, is there a difference between the two USB ports? As in is one faster than the other? I ask cause uson aida64 I see different throughput speeds for the different USB ports .

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic View Post
        Need some info....

Does anyone have a USB HDD (powered or otherwise) connected to this box and set up as an internal drive?

If so what kinda read/write speeds are you getting?

I just ordered a 4TB powered HDD and plan to use that as an internal drive cause I'm tired of constantly moving downloaded videos over to an external drive .

Also, is there a difference between the two USB ports? As in is one faster than the other? I ask cause uson aida64 I see different throughput speeds for the different USB ports .
        I always use Ethernet and a NAS, actually three of them....... And several external HD, but none connected directly to any of my Android boxes.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I always use Ethernet and a NAS, actually three of them....... And several external HD, but none connected directly to any of my Android boxes.
          I can understand why you would do that. You have more than one Android box and llmultiple drives and that way all of them can see ur drives.

I have just one drive that's intended to be used exclusively to the one Android box.

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic View Post

I can understand why you would do that. You have more than one Android box and llmultiple drives and that way all of them can see ur drives.

I have just one drive that's intended to be used exclusively to the one Android box.
            Ok, I understand. But can you manipulate files on the HD attached to your box from a computer? My Zidoo X9S has a builtin samba server, so I can manipulate files connected to that device from my local network. Perhaps there is an app for Android, I never checked.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12

Ok, I understand. But can you manipulate files on the HD attached to your box from a computer? My Zidoo X9S has a builtin samba server, so I can manipulate files connected to that device from my local network. Perhaps there is an app for Android, I never checked.
              Yes, that should be possible, by installing a Samba server on the box. I have server ultimate pro, but apparently it has some issues when connecting the box with a Windows 10 computer.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I don't have a computer in my apartment anymore. I've narrowed my devices down to a smartphone, Android box and PS4pro.

So no manipulating from anything for me. Unless it can be done from the Android box. Which makes it redundant when you consider that the only thing the hard drive would be connected to is the Android box.

Comment

files
                  Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

Is there a later version or a .zip version available?
                  yes and yes

you can download

Last edited by nakata; 07-30-2018, 15:36.

Comment

Thanks nakata for taking the time to upload and posting

Am I right in thinking that the firmware in the .zip above is the same Mecool firmware as in the .img, in your earlier post?

Is the .img above a later Mecool version of the firmware?

If yes, is there a .zip version?

I am trying to avoid the risk (for me) of opening the box and shorting it to get it to connect to my PC.

If there is a .zip version of the 20180316.143701,V0213.img on the way, I will hold off installing the 20180205.111652.V0928.zip version.

Comment

Hi all! I'm an owner of an "LB" version... Is one of the firmwares in the previuos posts good for my box? none in the roms thread too?
                      I also am wondering why Amazon prime video apk doesn't work. is it a drm management problem? is it possible that could be fixed using one of the new firmwares based on stock android 7.1?

Comment

Originally posted by chinaski View Post
                        Hi all! I'm an owner of an "LB" version... Is one of the firmwares in the previuos posts good for my box? none in the roms thread too?
                        I also am wondering why Amazon prime video apk doesn't work. is it a drm management problem? is it possible that could be fixed using one of the new firmwares based on stock android 7.1?
                        Nope, you can't flash any of the ROMs. You do that and you break your wifi and BT.

What I would advice though is that you do a factory reset from the stock recovery. Install an app called BootEasy from aptoide, it will allow you bot into recovery without any hassle. When everything is done, open the playstore app an disable automatic updates. Then find and install Youtube Tv version 2.02.14. That version works with this box perfectly and will give you no issues.

If you plan on using Kodi, uninstall the TV centre (kodi fork) appthat comes with the box and go to the Kodi website (after installing chrome of course which you can do by just using assistant and saying open chrome and will be linked to a download for chrome browser) and install the Kodi.lea.18 armv7 preview. This version of Kodi will give you feed recommendations.

Your other notable installs, TV app repo, Total Commander File explorer, DPI switcher (leave rez at 1080p and drop DPI to 260), Screen saver and gallery app, null keyboard (for if you use an external keyboard ad don't want the softkeyboard to keep appearing on screen).

There are some other more technical things you can and probably should tinker with (like putting in the proper vendor ID for whatever external KB you decide to use on the device so you have a working "enter" key. Setting up the chrome zoom level.....etc.

Comment

e
                          Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

Thanks nakata for taking the time to upload and posting

Am I right in thinking that the firmware in the .zip above is the same Mecool firmware as in the .img, in your earlier post?

Is the .img above a later Mecool version of the firmware?

If yes, is there a .zip version?

I am trying to avoid the risk (for me) of opening the box and shorting it to get it to connect to my PC.

If there is a .zip version of the 20180316.143701,V0213.img on the way, I will hold off installing the 20180205.111652.V0928.zip version.
                          yes,yes, and no

Comment

Originally posted by nakata View Post
                            e

yes,yes, and no
                            Thanks, I'll go with this one ttp://www.mediafire.com/file/766041...0928.zip-/file so I don't have to open up the box

Comment

nakata,
                              Thanks.

Comment

nakata,
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X