Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Blue Tooth Voice Control 3/32GB Amlogic S912 A7.1 YT 4K Netflix HD Dual WiFi BT4.1 100Mbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to pair for Bluetooth. Acts as IR remote without, but no voice searching, and have to have line-of-sight.
    Do a default reset and get everything started correctly.

Two rows only after you add enough apps ....

Comment

Bob, just do a factory reset.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Did the factory reset, and was able to pair the Blue Tooth.

Now the device is saying for the Google apks..Music, and others with a running white bar under each and says Restore Pending?
        Perhaps this is some sort of Google update for each, or checking perhaps for update, I was able to log into Google without issue.

Thanks of input of the two rows, I just have what was included from the OEM, after the reset.

Thanks BobFlyer

Comment

Update on "Restore Pending" indication under all of the Google specific APK's, such as Google Music,Google Movies, Google Games.
          First tried letting the unit run all night long, thinking it may be just a matter of time for the downloads to complete, that did not work, this morning still same.

So I tried the following with success..no longer shows "Restore Pending" on Google items.

I went to Settings...Apps...Found Google "Play"...Cleared Cache...Cleared Data..Uninstall Google Play and restore with Manufacture...Home...Power down/ restart.

After restart...Google Play...Update individual apps...Non of the Google APK's would update, however, non google items updated without issue.

The end result..all of the current Google items, are no longer showing "Restore Pending"
          Google Play works, I can download apks without issue.
          But the Google items..I could not update..I tried to just update one at a time rather than the update all.

Also when I downloaded a couple of new APK's, the two rows show up...

Thanks to all BobFlyer

Comment

Hello, does some one tried to instal libreelec and make dual boot on Mecool M8S PRO L Bluetooth Voice Control version with success ?
            If so, does bluetooth remote worked on Libreelec? (of course without voice controll).

I'm askink acording to issue that preinstled kodi does support audio pass-through, but when movie is 24fps , it does not change framerate on hdmi automatically to 24hz.

Regards,

Comment

Update: All working as designed.

Issues were related to various Google apks not up to date..my stock Google versions included with the box was from April 2017.
              Google Play Service now is 8.7.08 from 1/31/2018
              Music 8.5.6561-3v
              movies 4.2.6.11
              games 5.5.82
              Services as it came oem on 12.2.21 this was only behind somewhat current is 12.2.22

Comment

Originally posted by Alfawise96 View Post
                Hello, does some one tried to instal libreelec and make dual boot on Mecool M8S PRO L Bluetooth Voice Control version with success ?
                If so, does bluetooth remote worked on Libreelec? (of course without voice controll).

I'm askink acording to issue that preinstled kodi does support audio pass-through, but when movie is 24fps , it does not change framerate on hdmi automatically to 24hz.

Regards,
                I just installed LibreELEC 8.2 and I could not get the BlueTooth remote to connect, neither IR or BlueTooth....

Edit: using a custom remote config, made for the Mecool boxes, the stock IR/Bluetooth remote works using the IR commands but not Bluetooth. In other words, the stock remote works with LibreELEC but IR only.
                Last edited by clarkss12; 03-20-2018, 18:17.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Does this M8S work with Guest rom?

Comment

Hello to everyone, this is my first post here.
                    I've just bought this lovely box, coming from a buggy Mxq pro Ott. I am now trying to get used to Android tv and I love that Netflix supports Hd... But the OS has a big limitation imho: it doesn't allow to write on external drives! Android tv apparently doesn't show the in-app dialog that grants this feature.
                    So I found a flashable file, designed for Nougat smartphones, which is supposed to solve the issue by permitting any apps to write on external storage, but I have no idea how to flash files with this device, I don't even know how to enter recovery mode.
                    Does anyone know how to help? Are there any other ways to override denied access to Sd?
                    Thanks

Comment

MYMO:

Not sure exactly how you are attempting to write to files via the Android TV o.s.

However, I use a very common add on APK called EsFile Exployer for most of my file management.

I also have found that using Net Manager under EsFile Exployer and a Program loaded on my P.C. called Filezilla will allow you
                      to move files very easy from/to a pc/android box via FTP. Simple drag and drop to any storage device available on either unit.
                      Several good YouTube videos for EsFile exployer apk. Available via the google play store.

Please be mindful, if you try and flash this new unit, a potential risk is you will loose the Widevine L1 required to run 1080 hd on Netflix. DRM may be impacted.
                      Also, not sure if the currently released OEM firmware is available, since it is very new release, this would be required in case you wanted to go back.

Regards

Comment

steel120
                        Thanks for your answer. I've been using Solid Explorer already, of course it doesn't let me write files on the external hd connected to the box, unless I use this Android device as an Smb ot Ftp server (which is quite absurd inmho).
                        A partial solution to this is to notice that almost every app creates a folder on the hdd, and in that folder files can be written and deleted by the corresponding app that created said folder.
                        Even so, on my old Mxq pro Ott I could use my hdd almost as easily as it were a Pc, which can't be done on Android Tv because it lacks of Storage accesses framework.
                        As you pointed out, I'm afraid of doing too much tweaking that could damage the Widevine priviledges (is that possible?), and I don't know if there's a downloadable firmware somewhere.

Comment

Hi guys, I am going to buy this box for androdi tv and voice ocntrol, do you think it will be the best box for android tv and vocie control for 60 euro? or maybe some other variants? Will Mecool M8S PRO L lag? It's the main question beause I am buying this for parents who don't know IT stuff. WIll it overheat if I don't play games and just want to watch 1080p videos and outube?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfawise96 View Post

Regards,
                            Try Amlogic TV Box Tool - It has fix for SPMC, and Setting Option.
                            Tool > Display Related Functions > Auto Frame Fix =ON, Auto Frame Rate =ON
                            May need setting in SPMC/KODI as well ??

Comment

artouiros:

This is a tough question to answer, however, if the requirements are streaming 1080 video and watching You Tube in 1080 then an option would be to use the MeCool M8S Pro -W with Voice Remote. This unit has the same Android TV O.S. as the -L version at a less expensive price point, they are about 38 us dollars plus or minus. I have this unit and it works good. I have not tested the WiFi and use it here on Ethernet and streams very good. The Wifi on this unit is 2.4 Ghz and the remote is RF and no bluetooth, however, the RF remote works fine. If you decide to order the Pro -L or the Pro -W, just make sure it has the specifications for the Voice Remote and Android TV since there are so many different offerings. There is a MeCool Pro -W with voice forum here under the 905x devices. Which you may wish to view for additional information.

Comment

Originally posted by steel120 View Post
                                artouiros:

This is a tough question to answer, however, if the requirements are streaming 1080 video and watching You Tube in 1080 then an option would be to use the MeCool M8S Pro -W with Voice Remote. This unit has the same Android TV O.S. as the -L version at a less expensive price point, they are about 38 us dollars plus or minus. I have this unit and it works good. I have not tested the WiFi and use it here on Ethernet and streams very good. The Wifi on this unit is 2.4 Ghz and the remote is RF and no bluetooth, however, the RF remote works fine. If you decide to order the Pro -L or the Pro -W, just make sure it has the specifications for the Voice Remote and Android TV since there are so many different offerings. There is a MeCool Pro -W with voice forum here under the 905x devices. Which you may wish to view for additional information.
                                Since you have had your "L" box for a few days, now, what is your opinion??

Comment

Working...
                                X