Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Blue Tooth Voice Control 3/32GB Amlogic S912 A7.1 YT 4K Netflix HD Dual WiFi BT4.1 100Mbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone found a way to make Amazon Prime Video work?

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
      Has anyone found a way to make Amazon Prime Video work?
      PRMVIDLNCH.apk

Works but low res - may be a newer version now but I think still low res.

Install PuppetMaster

Then use Tag in PuppetMaster
      PRMVIDLNCH

Install PrimeVideoLauncher from Downloads
      RUN --> Install PrimeVideo when prompted to.
      Run PrimeVideo

Let us know how it works for you ...

Comment

P.X
        Thanks a lot! I'll be away from home for more than a week, but I'm very curious to try!
        All the apk's I tried so far have various issues... If this works at low res it's an acceptable compromise for me

Comment

Cooling modification to MeCool M8S Pro -L with voice.

I completed the Fan Modification of my newly arrived M8S Pro -L

The Fan is the same unit I used on the modification to the M8S Pro -W with voice which details can
          be seen in the Pro-W with voice thread for specifics and photo's.

30mm x30mm 5vdc fan with two 1n400x diodes in series with + side to drop the voltage to the fan to 3.56vdc @ 56mha current.
          Fan is connected to the underside of the board at the USB solder tabs. This is a switched USB so if you turn off the unit the fan also stops.
          Fan is mounted on top with air blowing in. Mounting hole in top centered over CPU OEM heat sink is 1.125 inches.
          Non Modified unit ran somewhat hot, anywhere from 60-80C depending on video source. Did not have any known issues, but seems
          quite hot to me so I installed the Fan Mod.

Measurements with 30mm x 30mm Fan blowing in. Room Temperature 21C

IDLE 32/33C
          Live Streaming 1080 source 38/39C
          Kodi streaming 1080 source 42/43C
          You Tube Streaming 1080 source 37/38C

Each of the above was a half hour measurement

Noise level is extremely low, need to get my ear within 6 inches to hear any fan noise. (reason for running fan and 3.56vdc vs 5 vdc.)

Worth the effort in my opinion.

Thanks to all. Learned a great deal from FreakTab.

Comment

Hello
            apparently there is a heating problem with this box, or is it simply optimization?
            what is this box really worth?
            I have a beelink gt1, need a more powerful box ...
            thank you

Comment

Comrades, where may I buy this remote? I really like it (it's like Xiaomi) and what to use it with my box.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Kole:

The M8S Pro -L with Voice will function fine without any modifications for cooling. If you plan on stressing the box by playing games for extended periods of time
                then you most likely would reach a point where the unit starts to throttle the cpu speed. On the other hand, streaming video's seem to work fine without any modifications of either Heat sink or Fan.

In the summer where I live, the temperatures are around 95-100 degrees F. I don't play games, but decided to add a fan just to help increase the life of the unit. Heat will cause components to degrade
                very quickly.

Without the Fan, the unit will approach 80C while streaming 1080 videos with a room temperature of 20-21C My unit does not throttle back at these levels.

It runs just much cooler with the small fan added.

Comment

Hello ... Thank you I'm looking for a new box that will be used only for iptv ... Netflix .. But no games .. This mecool seems interesting .. But to see

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie View Post
                    Comrades, where may I buy this remote? I really like it (it's like Xiaomi) and what to use it with my box.
                    I would also like to know! I have the M8S Pro and I do not want to buy a new Box just to have the remote control

Comment

I have contacted Gearbest twice for a remote, and no reply! Someone must know where to get this remote?

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

PRMVIDLNCH.apk

Works but low res - may be a newer version now but I think still low res.

Install PuppetMaster

Then use Tag in PuppetMaster
                        PRMVIDLNCH

Install PrimeVideoLauncher from Downloads
                        RUN --> Install PrimeVideo when prompted to.
                        Run PrimeVideo

Let us know how it works for you ...
                        Unfortunately it doesn't work... Any other workaround?

Comment

mymo:

I have tried all of the available Amazon Prime Video APK's available via Google Play Store, Google Non Android TV Play Store (standard android Play store) and Aptiode.
                          Most will allow the menus' to be displayed, can navigate menu's, Play trailers, however, when selecting Play a Movie or TV Show, I get the message "APP has stopped"
                          "Contact XXXX"

My family members have Amazon Prime membership and would like to use the service. But I have had no luck with this. It is an issue apparently between Amazon and Google?

My cheap workaround for them was to get the older RoKu-3 off big auction site for 10-20 dollars and hook it up. Works very good with Amazon, plus has ethernet which I had installed for them.
                          Just need to change the HDMI port selection between devices. Amazon Prime Video via the RoKu-3 and others on the MeCool device, some have the -W, other the -L Android TV O.S. units.

My M8S Pro -L with Android TV O.S. has been up and running now for about 10 days. I use it for streaming 1080 movies and tv shows. No known issues, with fan mod, temperature
                          stays below 40C at all times, when Idle it is 30/31C. I use ethernet, no lags and performance is very good on all..NetFlix, You Tube and other streaming applications. Just lacking the Amazon Prime Video.

There is a thread under the MeCool M8S Pro -W Android TV OS with Voice where I posted the fan modification with photo's. Easy modification and worth the effort in my opinion.

Thanks to all for contributions

Comment

Originally posted by steel120 View Post
                            mymo:

I have tried all of the available Amazon Prime Video APK's available via Google Play Store, Google Non Android TV Play Store (standard android Play store) and Aptiode.
                            Most will allow the menus' to be displayed, can navigate menu's, Play trailers, however, when selecting Play a Movie or TV Show, I get the message "APP has stopped"
                            "Contact XXXX"
                            I didn't try them all but I tried some, I had a similar experience. The android smartphone app even starts the video content, and then it stops... that gets me so mad. Conversely, the android tv prime app doesn't even run.

My family members have Amazon Prime membership and would like to use the service. But I have had no luck with this. It is an issue apparently between Amazon and Google?
                            All I can think of is a commercial war between them. It seems like Amazon only wants us to run the Prime app on smartphones (and tv boxes that are perceived by the app as smartphones). As soon it realizes it's being run on an Android tv device, it refuses to work. My educated and uneducated guess is that Amazon produces Fire tv/Fire sticks and it only wants these devices to stream its contents. Shame on Amazon.

My cheap workaround for them was to get the older RoKu-3 off big auction site for 10-20 dollars and hook it up. Works very good with Amazon, plus has ethernet which I had installed for them.
                            Just need to change the HDMI port selection between devices. Amazon Prime Video via the RoKu-3 and others on the MeCool device, some have the -W, other the -L Android TV O.S. units.

Your solution is sensible and I still have my OTT Mxq Pro (where Primevideo smartphone version runs ok), but it pains me to have two boxes connected to carry out a one man job.

My M8S Pro -L with Android TV O.S. has been up and running now for about 10 days. I use it for streaming 1080 movies and tv shows. No known issues, with fan mod, temperature
                            stays below 40C at all times, when Idle it is 30/31C. I use ethernet, no lags and performance is very good on all..NetFlix, You Tube and other streaming applications. Just lacking the Amazon Prime Video.

There is a thread under the MeCool M8S Pro -W Android TV OS with Voice where I posted the fan modification with photo's. Easy modification and worth the effort in my opinion.

Thanks to all for contributions
                            That's great. I don't have the chance to connect it via ethernet, and I am experiencing some Wi-Fi issues. I wonder if I am the only one.

Comment

anyone managed to get the voice working in Terrarium TV

Comment

Here is the easy way to get the Amazon Prime to install onto the Mecool M8S Pro L box (probably all boxes). Do not have an Amazon account so could not verify if the videos actually play, but everything loads without any issues. May have the same issues that Steel120 ran into, where everything works, but video won't play. Let me know if this version from the Aptoid Store works.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X