Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Blue Tooth Voice Control 3/32GB Amlogic S912 A7.1 YT 4K Netflix HD Dual WiFi BT4.1 100Mbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mymo View Post
    So what does that entail?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
    no Playready certification... no party! like DRM L1 for netflix

Comment

MeCool M8S pro -L with voice and my 30mmx30mm fan mod.

I am throwing in the towel on the MeCool -L with voice as it has begun to freeze up after about 15 minutes of use, temperatures are less than 40 degree C. When working it is fine, but it has become
      unreliable. I first notice the blue led front indicator appeared to be going up and down in intensity, so I thought I may have a bad wall wart, so I swapped out the 5vdc 2 amp for another unit also from MeCool line of products. Same results, blue light is up and down in intensity, plus the unit after about 15 minutes freezes up completely. Only way to get it started is to disconnect power source and try and try again to get it to boot, sometimes it will boot properly other times the screen just flashes between boot up sequence to a black screen. Same TV that the M8s Pro -l voice has been working quite good since around the end of March died on May 13 2018. This unit was left on all the time. I could try a complete factory reset, however, it is not worth the effort to reload all of the apks I wish to use. So I am putting it out of service unitl a firmware release is available for the Android TV MeCool M8S pro -L with voice. Which may or may not ever happen.

I have the following units...PI2...Never an issue with kodi on openelec, Odroid C2 libreelec and Kodi works flawless, MeCool M8S Pro + I have two of these, both work, however one has the Emmc which was considered faulty, Gearbest sent me a second unit which is working using LibreElec and Android in dual boot, MeCool M8s Pro -w (fan mode also 30x30mm) works but the remote is not as nice as the -L with voice no issues on ethernet, never tried Wifi on this, all are ethernet connections. MeCool M8s Pro -L with voice out of service due to failure and freezes at about 15 minutes even while only 40 degree C. I also have a FireStick Generation 2 with a Ugreen ethernet usb hub which works extremely good with " All services" I.E. Prime, Netflix, Kodi, Terrarium plus the remote is excellent in my opinion. The Firestick was only 29.95 us dollars, albiet, not as snappy as the MeCools, however it does work and work good. My primary use is 1080 tvshows/movies and no gaming no NAS. I use an OTA antenna for my 22 local network stations.

Current version of MeCool Pro -L with voice
      Kernel 3.14.29
      Monday Feb 5 11:19:24 2018
      M8SP-L
      7.1.1 NHG47L 4 may be Q interpretation of my handwriting pen skipped
      20180205 111652.V0928

This unit worked very good from March third week to May 13 When the blue light on front started to dim and flicker, unit will work for about 10-20 minutes then freeze.
      Up till May 13, it was left on all the time, never an issue with any of the apk's, worked good. Sad to say it appears to be a hardware issue, I think it may be the internal
      5vdc regulator and its circuit components, since the lowly led on front is dancing in intensity. I will take apart and see if I can find anything, bad solder joints, or others.

Here is a video link which you can view of my dim and flickering light.
      Had to record in dim light even to see the issue.

Last edited by steel120; 05-16-2018, 18:30. Reason: Link to blue front light issue

Comment

Originally posted by steel120 View Post

I am throwing in the towel on the MeCool -L with voice as it has begun to freeze up after about 15 minutes of use, temperatures are less than 40 degree C. When working it is fine, but it has become
        unreliable. I first notice the blue led front indicator appeared to be going up and down in intensity, so I thought I may have a bad wall wart, so I swapped out the 5vdc 2 amp for another unit also from MeCool line of products. Same results, blue light is up and down in intensity, plus the unit after about 15 minutes freezes up completely. Only way to get it started is to disconnect power source and try and try again to get it to boot, sometimes it will boot properly other times the screen just flashes between boot up sequence to a black screen. Same TV that the M8s Pro -l voice has been working quite good since around the end of March died on May 13 2018. This unit was left on all the time. I could try a complete factory reset, however, it is not worth the effort to reload all of the apks I wish to use. So I am putting it out of service unitl a firmware release is available for the Android TV MeCool M8S pro -L with voice. Which may or may not ever happen.

I have the following units...PI2...Never an issue with kodi on openelec, Odroid C2 libreelec and Kodi works flawless, MeCool M8S Pro + I have two of these, both work, however one has the Emmc which was considered faulty, Gearbest sent me a second unit which is working using LibreElec and Android in dual boot, MeCool M8s Pro -w (fan mode also 30x30mm) works but the remote is not as nice as the -L with voice no issues on ethernet, never tried Wifi on this, all are ethernet connections. MeCool M8s Pro -L with voice out of service due to failure and freezes at about 15 minutes even while only 40 degree C. I also have a FireStick Generation 2 with a Ugreen ethernet usb hub which works extremely good with " All services" I.E. Prime, Netflix, Kodi, Terrarium plus the remote is excellent in my opinion. The Firestick was only 29.95 us dollars, albiet, not as snappy as the MeCools, however it does work and work good. My primary use is 1080 tvshows/movies and no gaming no NAS. I use an OTA antenna for my 22 local network stations.
        That is definitely not normal. Not sure which firmware version you are running, but you can update to the stock Feb. 5 firmware from Magendanz's link. It is an OTA zip file, just use the supplied updater app and install it. Since you swapped power supplies, it does sound like a hardware problem, but I have not had any box die on me do to bad hardware.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by steel120 View Post

This has been happening to me as well, especially when running Kodi (mostly with 720p videos). The app just freezes while playing and when holding the home button on the remote nothing happens until I disconnect the power manually. Yesterday I completely uninstalled Spmc and installed Kodi, to no avail. I have no fan mod, so the temperature is around 77/81 C, but the thing is sometimes the box can run flawlessly at that temperature for hours, and other times it will freeze every 20 minutes or so. My box is the LQ version, on February firmware. I also thought this might depend on the launcher I'm using (ATV launcher, https://youtu.be/YewZnqajvKo), but I haven't tried to reverting to stock launcher yet.

EDIT: I enabled the stock launcher, nothing has changed. So far it seems like an issue that effects Kodi, but I can't be sure of that.
          Last edited by mymo; 05-14-2018, 14:44.

Comment

Does anyone know if this support Netflix with 5.1 surround sound? I have an older avr that only has an optical input, so I would have to connect the M8S Pro L to my TV and passthrough via optical to AVR.

Comment

Originally posted by humanoidtypo View Post
              Does anyone know if this support Netflix with 5.1 surround sound? I have an older avr that only has an optical input, so I would have to connect the M8S Pro L to my TV and passthrough via optical to AVR.
              Hey there. This device does not have an optical out. I've currently tested Netflix via HDMI to my TV that has an ARC connection to my AVR. I got sound from all 5.1 channels with netflix. Maybe you can use a hdmi toslink splitter for your purpose but mybe it is better to choose another box.
              There is the BB2 Pro which i would choose because to be honest I also would like to have the opportunity to use optical out.

Comment

Originally posted by XXBrain View Post

Hey there. This device does not have an optical out. I've currently tested Netflix via HDMI to my TV that has an ARC connection to my AVR. I got sound from all 5.1 channels with netflix. Maybe you can use a hdmi toslink splitter for your purpose but mybe it is better to choose another box.
                There is the BB2 Pro which i would choose because to be honest I also would like to have the opportunity to use optical out.
                I don't know about other TVs but on my SONY you can input on HDMI and use the Optical out on the TV to send passthrough audio stream to an AV amp. Have to set TV sound to external which alao mutes the TV speakers. I think this is what was being referred to.
                Last edited by P.X; 05-18-2018, 15:45.

Comment

Oh yes you are right. I got it wrong because i thought to often about my ARC things. Of course this is the same on my Panasonic. I would expect this should work as well with the box as long as the TV supports it. I often read this is a problem for many TVs since 2016 because of missing licences.

Comment

I found a way to watch Amazon prime contents on this device.

It can't be done through the Amazon app as we all know now, if nothing has changed since the last time I tried, but it can be done through Kodi. All you need is

Kodi 18 Leila (I used the latest Nightly)
                    Amazon addon by Sandmann79 (it can be installed through this repo https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/r...gins-1.0.2.zip)

Once finished installing, open the Amazon video or Amazon Vod addon (depending on the country you live in), and configure it by entering your email, password and the secret code that will be sent to your email account. Then it will automatically install some add-ons upon which it depends and ask you to enable Inputstream. Don't forget to select "playback with Input stream" during the configuration.
                    There can be still issues with the subtitles, otherwise the add-on works like a charm... I tried HD stream so far, I haven't tried full HD yet.

EDIT: Well, not like a charm, but it works
                    Last edited by mymo; 05-18-2018, 18:54.

Comment

This is working pretty well on mecool m8s pro+!
                      Thanks for the advice
                      Same issue : no subtitles and listing is not working properly (search is working though)

Comment

Can anyone confirm that doldy atmos and dts-x passthrough works (or does not) with kodi?

Comment

I found a way to watch Amazon prime contents on this device.

It can't be done through the Amazon app as we all know now, if nothing has changed since the last time I tried, but it can be done through Kodi. All you need is

Kodi 18 Leila (I used the latest Nightly)
                          Amazon addon by Sandmann79 (it can be installed through this repo https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/r...gins-1.0.2.zip)

Once finished installing, open the Amazon video or Amazon Vod addon (depending on the country you live in), and configure it by entering your email, password and the secret code that will be sent to your email account. Then it will automatically install some add-ons upon which it depends and ask you to enable Inputstream. Don't forget to select "playback with Input stream" during the configuration.
                          There can be still issues with the subtitles, otherwise the add-on works like a charm... I tried HD stream so far, I haven't tried full HD yet.

EDIT: Well, not like a charm, but it works
                          Thanks to mymo for this info.

Using latest Kodi 18 nightly, don't know if that helps or hinders ?
                          Took me a while to get Amazon VOD loaded (kept skipping through the password bit and therefore wouldn't login !!)

Got it working in the end. Even sets correct framerate when Auto Enabled in Amlogic Tool, though it doesn't seem to revert correctly to 50Hz on Stop ?

My biggest problem though is Buffering - happening all the time for some reason and keeps losing sound, as well as stuttering !!

Almost there but for some reason doesn't like my broadband ...

Best so far, but not really usable at least for me.
                          Hope things get better ...

Comment

Originally posted by P.X

Thanks to mymo for this info.

Using latest Kodi 18 nightly, don't know if that helps or hinders ?
                            Took me a while to get Amazon VOD loaded (kept skipping through the password bit and therefore wouldn't login !!)
                            I switched back to Kodi 18 first Alpha build. The latest nightly had some issues. Unfortunately only Kodi 18 allows Drm streams, there's no way around that.

Originally posted by P.X
                            Got it working in the end. Even sets correct framerate when Auto Enabled in Amlogic Tool, though it doesn't seem to revert correctly to 50Hz on Stop ?
                            I've never tried the Amlogic tool and I ignore what it does... For framerate adjustments I only used Kodi's settings.

Originally posted by P.X
                            My biggest problem though is Buffering - happening all the time for some reason and keeps losing sound, as well as stuttering !!

Almost there but for some reason doesn't like my broadband ...

Best so far, but not really usable at least for me.
                            Hope things get better ...
                            It's slow at loading show and movie lists and it's slow at loading videos before playing them... I don't know if tinkering with settings might help. Also, this morning it wouldn't play contents at 720p but only at Sd resolution... I suppose this could be fixed going through Input Stream settings though. I've never run into stuttering problems, but I have issues with buffering as well, since sometimes videos stop playing: my uneducated guess is that for Dmr reasons it can't download much data before playing them, so the buffer must be quite small, hence every quick disconnection (and apparently this device has lots of them when running on Wi-Fi) affects streaming experience. Despite this setbacks it works and I've been enjoying some Amazon shows... Have you tried by hooking it up to an ethernet cable?

Comment

I switched back to Kodi 18 first Alpha build. The latest nightly had some issues. Unfortunately only Kodi 18 allows Drm streams, there's no way around that.

I've never tried the Amlogic tool and I ignore what it does... For framerate adjustments I only used Kodi's settings.

It's slow at loading show and movie lists and it's slow at loading videos before playing them... I don't know if tinkering with settings might help. Also, this morning it wouldn't play contents at 720p but only at Sd resolution... I suppose this could be fixed going through Input Stream settings though. I've never run into stuttering problems, but I have issues with buffering as well, since sometimes videos stop playing: my uneducated guess is that for Dmr reasons it can't download much data before playing them, so the buffer must be quite small, hence every quick disconnection (and apparently this device has lots of them when running on Wi-Fi) affects streaming experience. Despite this setbacks it works and I've been enjoying some Amazon shows... Have you tried by hooking it up to an ethernet cable?

I was running at 720P.
                              Thanks for info.
                              My wi-fi is faster than my Broadband, but I'll try Ethernet next ...

Ethernet - no buffering yet ... 4:45 without buffering so already 4:38 better than before.
                              Tried 1080P, but looks like still running at 720P.
                              Still lots better than 480P

THX

Running at 720P max setting works best for my system as it seems to fall back to below 720 if it tries to hit 1080.
                              Seems constant at 720 via Ethernet.

Ethernet Rules
                              mymo Rules
                              Last edited by P.X; 05-20-2018, 17:00.

Comment

@ mymo.

Auto Framerate doesn't work for me by just setting it in Kodi. I have to use Amlogic Tool to get nice smooth 24P, but I have to reset it manually after use. Still a small price pay for the Amazon stuff which seems to be working nicely at 720 with my broadband+Ethernet.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X