Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L Blue Tooth Voice Control 3/32GB Amlogic S912 A7.1 YT 4K Netflix HD Dual WiFi BT4.1 100Mbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.X
    @ mymo.

Auto Framerate doesn't work for me by just setting it in Kodi. I have to use Amlogic Tool to get nice smooth 24P, but I have to reset it manually after use. Still a small price pay for the Amazon stuff which seems to be working nicely at 720 with my broadband+Ethernet.

Cheers
    Thanks for the explanation

And thanks for having tried the ethernet, I couldn't do it myself, being my router 20 yards or so from the box. So if it runs okay this confirms my "theory" that it wasn't so much a buffering problem as it was because of disconnections... This device has not a very stable wifi, and I don't know if there's any that has decent wifi.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Hi i got my item last week .. so i tried it and unfortunately the voice control does not work .... the erst of the remote control works ... but when i press the button the voice recording starts but nothing happens ....

interesting here ... i got no connection screen with pressing "-" and "OK " ???? is this the error ? or is my remote just broken ? with android tv remote app on my smartphone voice control works fine !

Comment

Originally posted by Sci666 View Post
        Hi i got my item last week .. so i tried it and unfortunately the voice control does not work .... the erst of the remote control works ... but when i press the button the voice recording starts but nothing happens ....

interesting here ... i got no connection screen with pressing "-" and "OK " ???? is this the error ? or is my remote just broken ? with android tv remote app on my smartphone voice control works fine !

Your remote is not broken, it is just Not paired. Go to settings and then MORE settings and turn on BlueTooth. Then hold the remote close to your box and depress the "-" and "OK" buttons. It will pair, but may have to do it a couple of times.

If it still does not pair, remove the batteries and re-insert them after a couple of seconds, then try again.
        Last edited by clarkss12; 05-24-2018, 19:31.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

IT works !!!!! i disconnect it and reconnect it and now it works .... this is strange ... in the BT menu it was already shown as ATV3 remote !!!! and all buttons worked ..also the MIC button .... but it recordes no voice ..... there was no connection screen on first boot or maybe i closed it while the TV was off .. ?! after removing it from BT menu and reconnet everything works fine ! ..

thanks for the hint

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            Always trust a FreakTab Wizard

Hi Guys,

I just picked up this same box and was wondering if there is anyway to bypass the google sign in?

Thanks

Comment

I have a weird problem with voice control.
            I press the voice control button on the remote and the box displays listening on the screen, however when I talk into the microphone on the remote noting registers and listening mode times out :-(
            Thought it may be the batteries so changed them, no difference :-(
            Thought it might be broken microphone :-(
            If I choose the microphone symbol, top left of home screen box goes into listening mode, speak into microphone on remote and what I say is captured, displayed on the screen and action carried out :-)
            If I choose microphone on screen voice input accepted and works, if I initiate voice control using voice button on remote, box goes onto listening mode but voice input ignored.
            Anyone any ideas on what I can do to get voice control using remote only to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post
              I have a weird problem with voice control.
              I press the voice control button on the remote and the box displays listening on the screen, however when I talk into the microphone on the remote noting registers and listening mode times out :-(
              Thought it may be the batteries so changed them, no difference :-(
              Thought it might be broken microphone :-(
              If I choose the microphone symbol, top left of home screen box goes into listening mode, speak into microphone on remote and what I say is captured, displayed on the screen and action carried out :-)
              If I choose microphone on screen voice input accepted and works, if I initiate voice control using voice button on remote, box goes onto listening mode but voice input ignored.
              Anyone any ideas on what I can do to get voice control using remote only to work?
              I had that issue, but due to my old age, can't remember the exact steps that I used to solve it. It has to do with the version of Google Assistant. As I recall, I used the Aptoid app and searched for Google and installed anything Google related to the Assistant, and that solved the problem for me. What I mean to say, is that it is a software issue, that can be solved my updating the correct files.

Also, one more thing, remove and re-insert the batteries from the remote and re-pair it again....... Try that first.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I had that issue, but due to my old age, can't remember the exact steps that I used to solve it. It has to do with the version of Google Assistant. As I recall, I used the Aptoid app and searched for Google and installed anything Google related to the Assistant, and that solved the problem for me. What I mean to say, is that it is a software issue, that can be solved my updating the correct files.

Also, one more thing, remove and re-insert the batteries from the remote and re-pair it again....... Try that first.
                Similar issue, when I first got mine. Couldn't work out what to update so I did a factory default reset and started from scratch, and that seemed to work (if I remember correctly !!!)

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Similar issue, when I first got mine. Couldn't work out what to update so I did a factory default reset and started from scratch, and that seemed to work (if I remember correctly !!!)
                  Factory default reset scary stuff for me :-)

After more googling, went into bluetooth settings, chose to forget remote, reconnected remote and has started working, so I can now press listen button on remote and input verbal requests.

Don't know how long it will last but at least it's working now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

Factory default reset scary stuff for me :-)

After more googling, went into bluetooth settings, chose to forget remote, reconnected remote and has started working, so I can now press listen button on remote and input verbal requests.

Don't know how long it will last but at least it's working now.
                    Fingers crossed that all stays well now.

Comment

Has anyone changed the launcher on this box?
                      If you have how did you do it?
                      If you have does the remote voice control still work?
                      Were you able to put the microphone image/app on the home screen to initiate the voice control when selecting the microphone from the home screen?

Comment

good day. this is my first post. I just need some clarification with this box and I hope you guys can provide answers.

1. Does this box can pass through raw audio (not PCM) so that the AVR can decode to DTS or Dolby
                        2. Does this box has read\write permission to external HDD as I'm planning to install torrent app
                        3. Does it allow to download torrent

Comment

Originally posted by lhei View Post
                          good day. this is my first post. I just need some clarification with this box and I hope you guys can provide answers.

1. Does this box can pass through raw audio (not PCM) so that the AVR can decode to DTS or Dolby
                          2. Does this box has read\write permission to external HDD as I'm planning to install torrent app
                          3. Does it allow to download torrent
                          Number 1 is a definite YES (also HD audio), No idea about 2 or 3.

Comment

Thanks clarkss12

Comment

I know most of these boxes will use up to a 32GB micro SD card. Has anyone tried a 64GB or 128GB one in them. Need to order a couple more and would like to go bigger if possible. Don't have any to try myself. (refering to the Mecool M8S Pro (LB version with the 04-18 update on them)

Comment

Working...
                              X