X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Netflix and android tv ROM]

Hi all

A little problem to report .

i've upgraded the rom with android tv, and after reboot, i have installed (simply via the google market) the netflix app.

Black screen on my tv.

FYI, i called the netflix support, they told me "our logs show us you are launching the app with a Linux kernel device, which is not compatible".

Why and android kernel is detected as a linux one? where am i wrong?

logs of the chat:
    Sharon Netflix
    My system recognize the device you are using to open Netflix is a Linux device, and Netflix is not compatible with Linux, that's why the app is not working anymore
    [...]
    Sharon Netflix
    I understand your point and the devices I have here are only the devices you ever used to stream from Netflix
    Sharon Netflix
    The system is recognizing the kernel of your Set Top Box is a Linux Kernel, that's why you are not able to open the Netflix app from your device

regards

Needs more info:
    what device do you have ?
    and what firmware/version did you try ?
    Did you read the forum where you got the firmware?
    as most android tv based roms need a modded version of netflix ( to make it run )

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for your interest.
      It's a meecol M8S pro , and as you can imagine, it's a S912 release.

To be much more , the reference is M8S PRO R4 S912 3G 32G DDR4 DQ.

the android tv installed has been downloaded here (nexus 7.1.2) .
      Kernel : 3.14.29 (11/9/2017)
      Build; M8S PRO userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20171109.180937.V0928.

And this ******* device does not have any reset button (i will be forced to sold a NO switch to be able to reset the device). I have tried to shunt (copper wire) the pin location of switch but my pc seems to see very strangly the device ... but it's not the subject of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by elendilm33 View Post
        Thanks for your interest.
        It's a meecol M8S pro , and as you can imagine, it's a S912 release.

To be much more , the reference is M8S PRO R4 S912 3G 32G DDR4 DQ.

the android tv installed has been downloaded here (nexus 7.1.2) .
        Kernel : 3.14.29 (11/9/2017)
        Build; M8S PRO userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20171109.180937.V0928.

And this ******* device does not have any reset button (i will be forced to sold a NO switch to be able to reset the device). I have tried to shunt (copper wire) the pin location of switch but my pc seems to see very strangly the device ... but it's not the subject of this post.
        Were you one of the lucky ones to get the "Pro" with Widevine level 1 with HDCP 1.x? If so, you can use the Netflix from the store and it will work, if not you have to get another version of Netflix by searching the web.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for your reply.

First of all, DRM INFO not working (black (or strange grey) screen when i launch it ...) ..

it's quite boring (to be honest, here i'm using other words .... ) .. Plex works well, Youtube/Deezer too .. just this fu** netflix.

Others persons have tried some working version (retex) of netflix ?

regards

Comment

Hi, The Android kernel **is** a Linux kernel...

Comment

Try different versions from this link............

Also, do a search for this file, it may work for your box with 720P Netflix >>>> netflix-5-0-1-build-16103.

This link also has a link for a 720P Netflix apk that may work.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
              X