Mecool Pro-L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool Pro-L

just ordered a Mecool M8S Pro-L and I have a few questions.
    1. I bought the box because of Netflix Widevine-L1. However, I just found out my TV does not support HDCP. Would I be able to get 1080 Netflix?
    2. Is there any overheat issue to play 1080p videos?
    3. Does the box come with Netflix app or I have to install it myself?
    4. I see that Mecool released a new ROM in Mar-10. Is this ROM an OTA update?
    5. I know that the box comes with Andriod TV. Is this the “official” version like nVidia Shield?

1. No HDCP no netflix in HD
    2. In my case no
    3. Netflix app is installed, and will be updated in playstore
    4. No, if you want new rom you have to install it manually
    5. Since L1 drm is suported i think its official but some apps that can be install in shild cant be installed on pro l so....

Comment

Damned Too bad about HDCP, I will check and report back. Hope I can get 720/1080 in Netflix.

As for Mecool firmware release, I double-checked and the Pro-L is OTA capable. Did you mean that we have to install the firmware releases ourselves?

Comment

In practise : OTA means download zip yourself and use update app.

Some ATV apps are Shield only e.g. BBC iPlayer for Shield ! They require the Shield controller.

Everything generally seems to be ATV with the OEM and you can use AptoidTV to sideload almost anything else needed.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
          In practise : OTA means download zip yourself and use update app.
          Some ATV apps are Shield only e.g. BBC iPlayer for Shield ! They require the Shield controller.
          Everything generally seems to be ATV with the OEM and you can use AptoidTV to sideload almost anything else needed.
          I have had 2 Andriod boxes before and the firmware would update by themselves.
          The box would give me notification that new firmware was available and after consent, it would update by itself.

Comment

YMMV

Comment

Where can I download the Netflix APK?

Comment

Working...
              X