mecool m8s pro + ethernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mecool m8s pro + ethernet

i purchased for a friend a m8s pro + and as soon as the ethernet cable is plugged in. the stream will play for 3 seconds and then stop.. as soon as i unplug the cable and connect to wifi it plays ok.. but buffers a little bit. ( as the router is not very close to the box). have tried different cables but still the same also tired at my home with different router and modem but still the same.
    any ideas on the problem... if its the port in the box thats at fault can a usb to RJ45 adapter be used so he can have Ethernet capabilities... if so can anyone recommend an adapter to use
    thanks in advance

BUmp anyone please have searched google but cant seem to find an answer

Comment

It's possible that the jack is faulty - it doesn't look like the most proven design - but I don't think it would behave that way if so.

What's more likely is that the SoC is being throttled.

These boxes have a thermal design issue and the heatsink included has comically small mass. Performance is throttled on Android when certain thermal thresholds are reached. ​​​

So what very well could be happening is that the ethernet connection could be faster, a higher bitrate is played, which causes the device to overheat and throttle.

Try adding a fan or replacing the heatsink with something more appropriate - there's a whole thread dedicated to this somewhere on the forum.

Comment

Working...
      X