Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with YouTube and m8s pro L

Hi

I have two of these boxes with same behaviour on all android TV ROMs including Magendanz. Basically when playing a video in youtube and pressing home I sometimes get a Now Playing icon on the top row with vertical bars as if sound was playing and then YouTube hangs when I try to resume or run YouTube normally after that .

Not sure what the issue is as it could be related to new feature of play at home.

Originally posted by nospamjl View Post
    Hi

I have two of these boxes with same behaviour on all android TV ROMs including Magendanz. Basically when playing a video in youtube and pressing home I sometimes get a Now Playing icon on the top row with vertical bars as if sound was playing and then YouTube hangs when I try to resume or run YouTube normally after that .

Not sure what the issue is as it could be related to new feature of play at home.
    I just tested it on my "L" box and it did the same thing. If you DEPRESS the HOME button for a second or two, a menu will pop up (use your arrow down button after the popup opens), so you can close apps that are running. I always do that to shut down any apps that are running in the background.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Have the same problem I find it best to go to settings/apps/youtube and uninstall updates it works perfectly then. Thing of uninstalling the app and reinstall but thought its working well as it is an left it

Comment

Same thing happening to me anytime I try to use YouTube the unit will just lock up then when I get it back to home it show video playing inside of YouTube app but I can't go back in force stop does nothing only a reboot will get it working again. I had read disabling Google play store helps is this correct or should I try uninstalling updates. Certainly this is a more common problem. I have not been able to find anything more concrete on fixing this. Please advise if anyone knows what works. Thanks

Comment

I think its a problem with latest Youtube update. Not sure if its a problem for all devices, but pretty sure its a problem for M8S Pro L. I did uninstall (youtube) updates and it was fixed.
          Although perhaps the problem will come back if it auto updates again. Maybe thats why some advice to disable google store - to avoid auto update maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by DrNicos View Post
            I think its a problem with latest Youtube update. Not sure if its a problem for all devices, but pretty sure its a problem for M8S Pro L. I did uninstall (youtube) updates and it was fixed.
            Although perhaps the problem will come back if it auto updates again. Maybe thats why some advice to disable google store - to avoid auto update maybe?
            Thanks so much. This makes sense and seems like great advice will do and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DrNicos View Post
              That works, thanks

Comment

Can confirm this same issue with my M8S Pro L. YouTube app locking up, return to home screen shows video as supposedly playing.

It's the latest update to the YouTube app that's causing it, as others have reported, uninstalling updates alleviates the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X