M8S PRO L - dead voice remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S PRO L - dead voice remote

So, just after a few hours of usage in the first day, the voice remote stopped working in the day after - no LED; no IR (checked with a camera); no BT pairing...

Do you have any idea how to fix this? Or is a RMA for sure?

Already tried:
    - factory reset
    - new batteries
    - BT re-pairing

It seems that the Shield has some sort of button sequence to reset the remote - do you know if this has something similar?

Thanks!

This didn't happened to anyone? I'm I that unlucky?

For now the store only offered a (very small) partial refund but that refund can't buy a new compatible voice remote even IF I can find one. In the forum I saw someone asking for this remote but to no avail.
    In the usual China shops/auction sites I can't seem to find the voice remote and even if I risk to buy one that *could* work the on/off function most probably won't work as it is IR code dependent...

Lets see if the store (won't name it for now) does offer a better solution or will accept a RMA...

Comment

Originally posted by l0ur3nz0 View Post
      This didn't happened to anyone? I'm I that unlucky?

For now the store only offered a (very small) partial refund but that refund can't buy a new compatible voice remote even IF I can find one. In the forum I saw someone asking for this remote but to no avail.
      In the usual China shops/auction sites I can't seem to find the voice remote and even if I risk to buy one that *could* work the on/off function most probably won't work as it is IR code dependent...

Lets see if the store (won't name it for now) does offer a better solution or will accept a RMA...
      you can go to settings and make a pairing again with the box, press OK and - (volume ) at the same time....try it

Comment

Originally posted by acemaxtec View Post

you can go to settings and make a pairing again with the box, press OK and - (volume ) at the same time....try it
        Thank you but I've done that quite a few times (in part because I was asked to make videos to claim the warranty...)

Right now the remote is gutted somewhere in my desk. I'm thinking of baking it in the oven (only fixes cold solder issues)...

Comment

Claim for a replacement, definitely there is an issue with your remote. If already out of warranty you can buy the remote here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...40cc1027KArfw3

Comment

Originally posted by Geekstuff4fun View Post
            Claim for a replacement, definitely there is an issue with your remote. If already out of warranty you can buy the remote here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...40cc1027KArfw3
            Thanks for the info on the BT remote.

After some back-and-forth with the store I've settled for some refund amount (don't recall how much), so I don't have to send it back, wait for the review process and wait for a new one - they couldn't offer just a replacement remote as I asked.

At the time - this thread is getting old - I couldn't find a Bluetooth remote anywhere! So I've bought a generic IR remote that LOOKED like the regular IR remote that comes with the non-voice enabled box, just to find out that it ONLY looked like the other one. After reading the IR codes from the new remote, I've reprogrammed the original remote.conf file to work with the new IR remote...

Its all fine now but I miss the voice function (that's why I've bought this and not the other...), even more because I never go to use it!

Now i just want (hope?) AndroidTV 8.0 mostly because I HATE not to be able to customize the "recommended for me" content on the main screen and then this box would be close to perrrrrrfect.

Comment

Did you ever disable some app in system?
              Because of in the other day ,I mess up with Apps google 3.x.x and after that my voice BT remote gone too.
              when I came in here for searching I did not found answer
              finally I finish my job with TWRP recovery ROM for bring it's back.

Comment

Originally posted by luthrz View Post
                Did you ever disable some app in system?
                Because of in the other day ,I mess up with Apps google 3.x.x and after that my voice BT remote gone too.
                when I came in here for searching I did not found answer
                finally I finish my job with TWRP recovery ROM for bring it's back.
                Nope, not the case.

As far as I can tell the remote just died. It is supposed to blink a led on key press and should be also detectable by other Bluetooth hardware, which it doesn't... Also, I think the box factory reset I did would have helped in that case.

Like I said, not much hope it'll work but, I'll try to re-heat some parts to see if that revives it. I was thinking of using the kitchen oven but now I'm considering getting a rework station and might use that.

Thanks for the tip, though.

Comment

Working...
                X