Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Screen - Mecool M8S Pro

This is the older Mecool without the L.

I've had this box for under a year now and it started to hang at the boot logo. I soldered two wires for the missing reset button and when the hang would occur I would kinda be able to get it to work again by either wiping cache or when it was real stubborn, restore to factory. Then I found this site and was anxious to load a different rom to the device thinking that would solve my issue. I may have been a bit too anxious because now I have a black screen no matter how long I leave the device on with or without the reset shorted.

The only thing I did, prior to it not working any more, was to use the BootcardMaker and flash a microsd card with the nano image located here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ms-android-7-1. I inserted the microsd card into the Mecool and powered it on, after that the screen remained black.

I've removed the microsd card and have tried the numerous power ups mentioned above and now, just finished trying the USB Burning Tool and it did not find the device. Windows did install a driver for it though (Windows cup).

Is it a gonner? =)

Thank you for any assistance!

Hello,

I think the driver is not properly installed.
    What windows Version you are running?
    Also did you try to press the reset button and hold it and plug in the USB cord?

Neomode

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

What windows Version you are running? Windows 7
      Also did you try to press the reset button and hold it and plug in the USB cord? Yes, I have tried wires shorted (there is no reset button), and not shorted or shorted and then removed.

There is no way for me to know if anything is happening since there is no video out

The drivers are working properly (see pic)

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Well, I solved it. It was the cable. I had ordered an OTG cable but I guess it just wasn't up to the task. I also ordered a MINIX U9H a couple days ago and it arrived and I noticed it too has a OTG cable so, I used some adapters and gave it a shot and voila! Success using the USB Burner to flash the unit and now I am going through the setup on the TV. =)

Comment

Perfect Job!

Neomode

Comment

Working...
          X