Mecool M8S Pro-L Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S Pro-L Netflix

I recently bought Mecool M8S Pro-L which supports Widevine L1. The box came with Netflix app would only give me a resolution of 384, I then updated it by Playstore with no improvement,

I did research and found this Netflix-HD and sure enough, I can get 1080 now, However, maybe because this Mecool is Andriod-TV with Leanback launcher, the screen size does not fit. Is there any way to fix it?

https://mega.nz/#!kVgDFARC!rA6ASZB-c...Bc-dEMniK563cI
    Last edited by Mis3; 05-19-2018, 20:23.

That is strange, the Netflix from the Playstore should have given you 1080P out of the box......... And your DRMinfo app shows Widevine Level 1 and HDCP 1.x?????
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I know but the stock Netflix app gave me only 384, I updated it via the Aptiode and the resolution did not improve.
      Somehow the Netflix app I downloaded works but the screen does not fix (screenshot attached). Luckily the search icon is on the top right corner so I can enter the title then search.

i also attached the DRM screen and again it does not fit. Maybe 25% of the screen goes below the TV. Hope there is a way to fix this. I am sure many of you would have installed at least one app with the incorrect screen size.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
      Last edited by Mis3; 05-19-2018, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Mis3 View Post
        I know but the stock Netflix app gave me only 384, I updated it via the Aptiode and the resolution did not improve.
        Somehow the Netflix app I downloaded works but the screen does not fix (screenshot attached). Luckily the search icon is on the top right corner so I can enter the title then search.

i also attached the DRM screen and again it does not fit. Maybe 25% of the screen goes below the TV. Hope there is a way to fix this.
        Do a factory reset, you should not be having those issues. The Netflix app from the Store should work perfectly. Are you using WiFi or Ethernet?? Also, try on another TV just to verify, it is not an HDMI issue....
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Do a factory reset, you should not be having those issues. The Netflix app from the Store should work perfectly. Are you using WiFi or Ethernet?? Also, try on another TV o pjust to verify, it is not an HDMI issue....
          I did several factory resets to no avail. I have only one TV, KDL65w850a, which is 3 years. While this TV gives me excellent 1080 picture, not sure if this TV supports HDCP.
          All things equal, the other Netflix version works at 1080. If you look online, they are many versions of Netflix out there.

Comment

I did several factory resets to no avail. I have only one TV, KDL65w850a, which is 3 years. While this TV gives me excellent 1080 picture, not sure if this TV supports HDCP.
            All things equal, the other Netflix version works at 1080. If you look online, they are many versions of Netflix out there.
            I have a Sceptre TV (two or three years old) and none of my Mecool boxes will play the stock Netflix. So, I think you nailed it, it probably does not support HDCP, as my Sceptre does not either. Yes, you can install another version of Netflix, but surprised you can get it to play in 1080p, if the stock one from the Playstore doesn't. How are you verifying that it is indeed playing in 1080p?

Comment

I use the test pattern in Netflix. Please refer to the attached screenshot, focus on the top right corner.
              Also, of course, the picture quality is a lot better.

You should try this version.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I use the test pattern in Netflix. Please refer to the attached screenshot, focus on the top right corner.

Awesome..

Comment

Awesome..
                  If you installed the Netflix, let me know if you have the issue of incorrect screen size.
                  Fortunately, this issue only occurs at the search screen, not while a video is streaming.

Comment

I installed it on my box that only has Widevine Level 3, only played in DVD quality.

Comment

I installed it on my box that only has Widevine Level 3, only played in DVD quality.
                      Yes, you will need to try it in a Box which supports L1.
                      i thought you have a Mecool.
                      Last edited by Mis3; 05-20-2018, 01:51.

Comment

Working...
                      X