Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeCool M8S Pro L (LB version) unrooted...how to root it again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeCool M8S Pro L (LB version) unrooted...how to root it again ?

Hello,
    i have a MeCool M8S Pro L (LB version) with ATV 7.1.2 and Voice control remote, which i unrooted with some app from the appstore...i unrooted it because an app that i was using everyday was updated and wasn't working anymore on rooted device. unfortunately, unrooting my box didn't fix the problem so i would like to go back to rooted.

so i followed the tutorials here and tried to flash with OTA method, unfortunately it didn't work because of wrong version...later i read that i need a LB version.
    So i used the IMG file that i flashed on a SDCARD, unfortunately i can't boot on it because there is no reset button on my Box. i can see the pinhole under the box, there is no button inside...

i found a 88MB OTA update file : update_NHG47L_20180417.150752.V0213.zip but after the update i still don't have root...

What can i do ?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT:
    i tried this method too : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...067#post724067
    but as i don't have root the "reboot update" doesn't work.

i also tried this method : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...285#post726285
    but with no reset button it doesn't boot on the sdcard.

What are you trying to do?? Restore the OS or get root back???
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Get root back. But if that doesn't work then restore the OS to factory...

Comment

finaly i could use the usb burner tool, i had to unmount the box and do the reset with a paperclip shorting the pins on the mainboard.

Comment

Originally posted by shdf View Post
          Get root back. But if that doesn't work then restore the OS to factory...
          Good night! I have a m8s pro L LB version and I could not install the Android TV version by the system itself nor the SD card has to help me by kindness

Comment

Good night! I have a m8s pro L LB version and I could not install the Android TV version by the system itself nor the SD card has to help me by kindness

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X