Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding extra ram memory mecool km8 p

Hello,

when opening up the box, there's an empty place for some kind of memory chip. With a heat gun you could add an extra memory chip.
    This is on the chip that is present:
    pe030 fa22 7bp47 d9shp -125.

Can someone find me where i can buy this chip?

thx

you can look for ddr3 or ddr4 in integrated chips on aliexpress.

Comment

i think the s912 has dual ram sockets, 2gb max per socket. DDR type can be ddr3 or ddr4.

Comment

Originally posted by mark-1978 View Post
        you can look for ddr3 or ddr4 in integrated chips on aliexpress.
        Hi ,

so you answered your Question self , nice .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

so you answered your Question self , nice .

greetings / gefattern
          not completelly. The board has on both sides 2 of the same chips, and also 2 open spaces. This type of mediabox has been made inn 1gb and 2gb versions. So that's not according the s912 specs saying 2 ram sockets are available. There are 4 i guess. So 512 MB ram chips are used. I don't know if adding a 2GB chip will work.

Comment

BGA chips require a station to extract or install. The heat range is very high for a small segment of time in order to properly solder the balls or paste.

yep, about two sockets being required for S912 chips. Unless there is hidden address lines made on the board, a 2GB chip will not work. I doubt that board has provision to allow higher than what is allowed for that model.

example, my M8S Pro-c has two different boards. One for 2/16 and the other for 3/32.

Comment

Originally posted by mark-1978 View Post

not completelly. The board has on both sides 2 of the same chips, and also 2 open spaces. This type of mediabox has been made inn 1gb and 2gb versions. So that's not according the s912 specs saying 2 ram sockets are available. There are 4 i guess. So 512 MB ram chips are used. I don't know if adding a 2GB chip will work.
              Hi ,

i am not sure , on PC u can use different sizes , not sure it will here work

too , but can u not find the same Chip on Alibaba or ....press ??? or big

Brother G , what is the Chipnumber/name ??? good luck / gefattern

Comment

it's got all kind of numbers on it: pe030 7bp47 M fa22 -125 d9shp

It's one of the first s912 mediaboxes i think, so maybe the specs were differrent from wikipedia.
                Some letters of the code i couldn't make up right.So just noted what i think i read.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                  BGA chips require a station to extract or install. The heat range is very high for a small segment of time in order to properly solder the balls or paste.

yep, about two sockets being required for S912 chips. Unless there is hidden address lines made on the board, a 2GB chip will not work. I doubt that board has provision to allow higher than what is allowed for that model.

example, my M8S Pro-c has two different boards. One for 2/16 and the other for 3/32.
                  how many ram modules do they have on the board? The big M on a chip, i guess it means ram memory. I have 1GB ram there are 2 M chips on the board. I guess if i had the same chips and installed them, it would work. But in shops onlly 2GB is minimum for ddr3 chips.

Comment

there seem to be 2 extra sockets, one is ddr3 ram memory, the other is gpu memory(videoram). So, eh, both 1GB now on the board.

Comment

Well without a good picture of your board it Is guess work. The M may be the micron logo. Micron, Samsung, Hynix, and others may be used as well, but will need to conform to the design layout of the chip being used. Unless you are able to put 400 degrees on a chip for no more than 10 seconds within 1/4 mm accuracy you'll end up toasting your board. To Install CPU, RAM and other BGA chips, you need the ability to heat the main board to 300 degrees and isolate heat over the chip being soldered after 1 hour of baking at 250 degrees. Else you may see your chip pop from locked in humidity. I doubt a pro could do any BGA memory chip proper by hand, just too difficult without the proper equipment.

Comment

The one ram isnear the cpu, like this: https://www.google.nl/search?biw=192...2RIoWQlyEzGrM:

The other is on the back of the board, like this: https://www.google.nl/search?biw=192...u-FTZg1GxIhhM:

http://linuxgizmos.com/open-spec-sbc-features-octa-core-a53-soc/

Saw an image of the board, containing the four chips on top upperside of the board. It said those were 4 times 512MB chips. https://www.androidpimp.com/developm...r-alternative/
                        Last edited by mark-1978; 06-27-2018, 03:40.

Comment

you can take alu foil and cover the board excluding the open ram space. Then take a ram module and squeeze it just between the lines of the rectangle. Then take a heatgun at 400 degrees and hold it on top of it untill ( i hope) the ram chip sinks into the tin.

Comment

Well, if you say so... just every wee component soldered to the main board will be free to lift off or bump out of their solder pad, before any BGA is soldered into position. The ground plane to BGA chips cover most of the surface area under the chip. It is impossible to direct enough heat evenly without a proper station, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                              Well, if you say so... just every wee component soldered to the main board will be free to lift off or bump out of their solder pad, before any BGA is soldered into position. The ground plane to BGA chips cover most of the surface area under the chip. It is impossible to direct enough heat evenly without a proper station, IMO.
                              Ok, but back to the theory. The two memory chips, is it all ddr3 memory for the cpu, or ram? Or is the ddr3 memory of the s912 used for as well gpu as cpu.

For your story, it would mean, best chances to succeed are to add a memory chip on top of the board, next to the cpu. So the components stay on the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X