m8s pro L and ATV Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m8s pro L and ATV Youtube

Got my m8s pro L with the LB launcher this week and have worked out most of the bugs by reading in the forums here.
    One thing I can't seem to get sorted though is how the heck do I read the comments for a youtube video???
    I am using youtube version 2.02.08 because the updated version keeps freezing.
    I'm sure there must be a simple solution but I'm not seeing it.
    Last edited by Shoestring; 07-22-2018, 23:38.

WOW! Thought this was just something simple I was missing but I guess not.
    Question now is can anyone using Android TV read youtube comments?
    If not I think this is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Same here

Comment

Hi Shoestring,

I have the same problem.If you find the solution share it.

Comment

My solution is use an earlier ATV version, or wait for a new update.

Comment

The last update freezing oo 2.03.06

Comment

A few weeks back I faced a serious problem with my Mecool M8S Pro because of the YouTube app. The videos were often frozen.

My idea was to remove the updates, and leave the version that came in the compilation of the ATV I was using at the time. The result was that the app started to freeze my box whole.

One day I hung up, to force reinitialization, but unfortunately the device not even the logo was able to show. Even on the PC I could not pass the firmware.

You can accompany the part here. I spent many days trying, only after I cut the cable and tried on another PC I was able to relive the box but there were many critical errors before.

I recommend that you never use YouTube version 2.x.x again until have reports that it has been fixed. I've seen case of these freezes on other devices like Xiaomi's MiBox.

The best version of YouTube TV is 1.3.8, you can download the on any mirror. It is necessary that you remove the "YouTubeLeanback" folder by the Es File Explorer app.

The folder location is as follows: / system / app / YouTubeLeanback. After removing or deleting the folder, you must uninstall YouTube updates and install apk.

Comment

Novato, I have seen the freeze or stutter with YouTube but there are some versions in 2.x.x that do operate well. I use without any issues Youtube ATV 2.2.14 it think, need to verify.

Also play services is making or breaking things, so some firmwares that break firebase, and don't pull instant apps services releases, will cause issues with newer apps. Many older apps don't care much about firebase implementation, now it's becoming more problematic with newer releases.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                  Novato, I have seen the freeze or stutter with YouTube but there are some versions in 2.x.x that do operate well. I use without any issues Youtube ATV 2.2.14 it think, need to verify.

Also play services is making or breaking things, so some firmwares that break firebase, and don't pull instant apps services releases, will cause issues with newer apps. Many older apps don't care much about firebase implementation, now it's becoming more problematic with newer releases.
                  Interestingly, I did not know this data, about Play Services, Firebases and things breaking things. Regarding YouTube 2.x.x I thought it had stable versions, but it would be problematic to find them I thought it would be more effective in my case already download some version of 1.3.x.

In both cases you must remove remove the YouTubeLeanback folder or pass the YouTube a.p.k in the folder. Then uninstall the updates and disable the automatic updates in the Google Play Store app. Otherwise the last YouTube version will overwrite the one chosen earlier.

Comment

I never use auto updates... since 2014 it's been un reliable, especially when devs do not disclose details on the fixes and enhancements, let alone which android version is effected.

you would not believe how many times I had to restore an app to its previous revision, after I had manually updated it.

I even disabled Google from pushing play store and play services to auto update on my tablet for a year. For the last year and a half, apps have been more plugged into play services and Google firebase, that you must update play services to allow them to run. You can use modules to restore play services compatibility without Google installed, but it Is not perfect.

Most of the firmwares that have been the best over stock were based on firmware before 02/2018. So most factory firmwares made after 02/2018 as updates may be more compatible to newer apps than what has been a solid firmware back when It was supported.

IMO, you need to give the latest firmwares a try than to box yourself in with limiting your apps from future updates.

YouTube is just an indication that other apps will soon follow, on how Google will implement streaming methodology to devices. Usually you don't see a fix once more than one app becomes unstable after an update, and nothing is quickly done by the developer to remedy it.

Comment

Working...
                    X