Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
    How do you pair with box ir??
    Hi,
    You teach the IR function you require e.g. Power.

    One button can learn IR function.
    See my vid for more info ...
    Last edited by P.X; 10-18-2018, 10:29.

    Comment


      For example if I buy a new one for x96 mini. Of course there are "box buttons" and "learning buttons".

      "learning buttons" can be paired the way you mentioned. But what about the "box buttons"? The buttons which are already paired with the box...

      Comment


        Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
        For example if I buy a new one for x96 mini. Of course there are "box buttons" and "learning buttons".

        "learning buttons" can be paired the way you mentioned. But what about the "box buttons"? The buttons which are already paired with the box...
        Wireless Dongle - It pairs with it's dongle and is a standard device.
        Just plug in dongle and it works out of the box. Just need to teach the Power On/Off function as that cannot be wireless as the dongle isn't powered when box is Off.

        Comment


          Ok, then we talking bout different things.

          I mean replacement of remote which comes with box. This does not have a dongle! So in case of break how can i replace this one? These Standard remotes are sold for 3eur

          Comment


            Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
            Ok, then we talking bout different things.

            I mean replacement of remote which comes with box. This does not have a dongle! So in case of break how can i replace this one? These Standard remotes are sold for 3eur
            Now I don't know what you mean !
            If an alternate remote breaks you have to buy another, if you like it.
            If you can get a std. remote for 3euro and you like it then that is what you do.
            Not quite sure I am getting your question ...

            Comment


              I try to explain.

              Devices have different IR codes, right? So in case the remote which is shipped with the box is broken and I would like to replace it in order to control the box (without dongle!) I am supposed to pair replacement remote, right?

              Or does it not matter since any remote works with the box? For example: I can take any x96 mini ir remote and can control any x96 mini box? In case we both had an x96mini you could send me yours I could send you mine (switch them) and both remotes would work?

              Comment


                Yes, all M8S Pro+ and Pro L share the same IR remote so you can swap one for another (probably many other Mecool models share the same set of codes). Same for all IR remotes, like all Sony TVs have same basic set of codes for all their TVs. Some devices where you may have more than one in the same room, like Humax PVRs, have remotes with alternate sets of codes that can be used to avoid conflicts. Not all manufacterers are so helpful though.
                Radio remotes (Bluetooth and 2.4G) have to be paired with a receiver, built-in or dongle, before they can be used.
                IR codes on Android boxes are in a file that can be changed to suit the IR remote to be used, if you want to use a different remote, or use a different firmware say. I don't have experience of doing this so don't know the exact method ...

                Tutorial (other tutorials are available)
                https://youtu.be/aSRcqO4IhH0

                https://mxqproject-com.cdn.ampprojec...D&amp_js_v=0.1
                Last edited by P.X; 10-18-2018, 23:16.

                Comment


                  Thanks°! I'll probably will ask as soon as my new one will arrive :-P

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                    Thanks°! I'll probably will ask as soon as my new one will arrive :-P
                    Well I had to do something like that since my Bluetooth remote died pretty much out-of-the-box.

                    The thing is, or the remote is specifically advertised for your box model and version or it, (most) probably, won't just work. There are other factors like the IR protocol used (in our case is NEC, if I recall correctly).

                    Granted I had a correct protocol remote, I still had to read the IR codes emitted by the remote (usually you can't change those) and MOD the remote.conf file to understand the IR codes as a command (code) in the (android)OS. As received, only two or three keys of the remote worked (one was a macro?). The remote seller/store offered some refund but since I've fixed it (learning something along) I didn't even bothered...

                    So, you may need to find a way to read IR codes if it doesn't work when it arrives. Note that, when you change the ROM/firmware it is another situation because the remote stays the same (same IR codes) and the (android) OS codes have changed - you just need to make a table of correspondence between the old and the new codes, and change the remote.conf accordingly. With a different/unknown remote you need to find which code is being sent on key press...

                    To read the IR codes I used a component tester with a salvaged IR diode (part) from an old sat set-top box. There are few other ways you can do that depending on what you've got around (e.g. an arduino and an IR receiver diode; some android phones might work, also; and, I think you may use the box itself with some (payed?) app).

                    Comment


                      Thanks for the technical answer!

                      I received the REMOTE with keyboard on back (Air Mouse) and it has an USB dongle.....anyway I will have a look at an app for the box showing IR code!

                      Comment


                        Hello,

                        did anybody else ever have the issue of Netflix not working (not even in SD) on the Mecool M8S pro W with Android OS?

                        After some disappointments with the Alfawise A8 TV Box (losing settings, wifi turns itself off after some time and the box needs to be rebooted, the apparantly not existing support and so on) I decided to give another TV Box, the Mecool M8S pro W, a try. One of the reasons was to get Netflix in HD and with the TV interface, because I'm really not a big fan of the tablet-version running on a TV. Even with an air mouse it pretty much sucks imho... I really like Android TV OS and the M8S pro W is imho a good & stable working little box for just about USD 40,00. Pretty much everything worked fine out of the box with one exception: Netflix. The app wasn't preinstalled, so I installed the most recent version from the Google Playstore.

                        First test: Netflix starts, shows the logo, then the screen turns completely black and that's it. I didn't even see the login-screen. The update-manager had an update waiting, so I installed it and updated also the google-apps via the playstore. Then I installed the burnkey-tool and applied it, it reported "Success" and I rebooted the box. Started Netflix and again - logo - black screen and nothing else. I did a factory setting reset, did also a complete reinstall of Android (via the USB burn tool), but it didn't make any difference.

                        I tested with several recommended Netflix-apks for Android TV OS, even very old one like v3.x.x and I always got the black screen. No progress at all, so I tried to install a mobile version of Netflix. That worked better, the app started and I could finally login. Everything looked ok, but as soon as I tried to play something the screen turned completely black again. This time at least with audio, but in all the cases I never even saw an error message. That happens also with the very old apk's like 3.9. I did some research regarding Netflix + black screen and it seems to happen quite often, also on other devices, but I found nothing that fixed the issue on the M8S Pro W for me.

                        It looks like there's one difference and I noticed it right from the start when the box booted for the first time. In all the tests and reviews of the M8S pro W DRM info reported under Google Widevine Modular DRM:

                        Security level: L1
                        HDCP-Level: HDCP-1.x

                        On mine it says Security Level L1 (it always did), but the HDCP-Level reports "Unprotected". Could this be causing the problem of the black screen and if yes, is there a way to fix it? Any tipps and ideas are highly appreciated! Thank you for your time and help!

                        PS: Yes, I did test several HDMI-cables, even some HDMI 2.0a ones...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                          Hello,

                          did anybody else ever have the issue of Netflix not working (not even in SD) on the Mecool M8S pro W with Android OS?

                          After some disappointments with the Alfawise A8 TV Box (losing settings, wifi turns itself off after some time and the box needs to be rebooted, the apparantly not existing support and so on) I decided to give another TV Box, the Mecool M8S pro W, a try. One of the reasons was to get Netflix in HD and with the TV interface, because I'm really not a big fan of the tablet-version running on a TV. Even with an air mouse it pretty much sucks imho... I really like Android TV OS and the M8S pro W is imho a good & stable working little box for just about USD 40,00. Pretty much everything worked fine out of the box with one exception: Netflix. The app wasn't preinstalled, so I installed the most recent version from the Google Playstore.

                          First test: Netflix starts, shows the logo, then the screen turns completely black and that's it. I didn't even see the login-screen. The update-manager had an update waiting, so I installed it and updated also the google-apps via the playstore. Then I installed the burnkey-tool and applied it, it reported "Success" and I rebooted the box. Started Netflix and again - logo - black screen and nothing else. I did a factory setting reset, did also a complete reinstall of Android (via the USB burn tool), but it didn't make any difference.

                          I tested with several recommended Netflix-apks for Android TV OS, even very old one like v3.x.x and I always got the black screen. No progress at all, so I tried to install a mobile version of Netflix. That worked better, the app started and I could finally login. Everything looked ok, but as soon as I tried to play something the screen turned completely black again. This time at least with audio, but in all the cases I never even saw an error message. That happens also with the very old apk's like 3.9. I did some research regarding Netflix + black screen and it seems to happen quite often, also on other devices, but I found nothing that fixed the issue on the M8S Pro W for me.

                          It looks like there's one difference and I noticed it right from the start when the box booted for the first time. In all the tests and reviews of the M8S pro W DRM info reported under Google Widevine Modular DRM:

                          Security level: L1
                          HDCP-Level: HDCP-1.x

                          On mine it says Security Level L1 (it always did), but the HDCP-Level reports "Unprotected". Could this be causing the problem of the black screen and if yes, is there a way to fix it? Any tipps and ideas are highly appreciated! Thank you for your time and help!

                          PS: Yes, I did test several HDMI-cables, even some HDMI 2.0a ones...
                          See if you have any updates for your TV, because it looks like it does not have HDCP or HDCP is disabled.

                          Comment


                            Thank you, but I'm afraid that is not what is causing the issue...

                            The TV is an LG 42LF5800, meanwhile a few years old and hasn't seen any updates for quite some time now, but definitely supports HDCP. There is not even a possibility to switch it off. My Samsung blu ray player plays Netflix on the same TV in HD perfectly fine on all three HDMI-ports (Tested it just a few minutes ago). No problems at all and I guess that would not even possible without HDCP.

                            Just to make sure: I've also connected the M8S Pro W to a newer LG TV now, a SJ810V and the result is exactly the same. Everywhere Security Level L1, but HDCP-Level shows as unprotected. For a short moment I even considered that the box doesn't like LG TVs, but the issue appears on a brand new, cheap Hisense H32A5100 too. Of course the same black screen appeared on all TV's.

                            I'm really running out of ideas now, but thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate it!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                              Thank you, but I'm afraid that is not what is causing the issue...

                              The TV is an LG 42LF5800, meanwhile a few years old and hasn't seen any updates for quite some time now, but definitely supports HDCP. There is not even a possibility to switch it off. My Samsung blu ray player plays Netflix on the same TV in HD perfectly fine on all three HDMI-ports (Tested it just a few minutes ago). No problems at all and I guess that would not even possible without HDCP.

                              Just to make sure: I've also connected the M8S Pro W to a newer LG TV now, a SJ810V and the result is exactly the same. Everywhere Security Level L1, but HDCP-Level shows as unprotected. For a short moment I even considered that the box doesn't like LG TVs, but the issue appears on a brand new, cheap Hisense H32A5100 too. Of course the same black screen appeared on all TV's.

                              I'm really running out of ideas now, but thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate it!
                              None of my Mecool devices that support HDCP 1.x will NOT play Netflix in HD on my Sceptre TV, always shows HDCP protection unsupported. They play Netflix in HD on all my other TVs, just not that dang Sceptre TV.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

                              Comment


                                Thank you for the info! Sceptre TVs are new to me (first thought: a Bond-villain) , looks like they are only sold in the US and not in Europe. Looking at their website the most recent UHD-models look quite interesting and support HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2. My LG's support both HDCP - definitely, therefore I'm having some problems to understand where my problem with the M8S pro W comes from.

                                Meanwhile I have found a workaround that i can quite happily live with: The mobile version of the Netflix app offers a "send to TV" feature and I've never used it before. Didn't even know what it was good for till today. As soon as I activated it I was able to select the TV (always connected to my network) and somehow Netflix started on the TV. In High Definition, with the TV interface and I can even use my One For All remote in TV-mode to operate Netflix. The performance is so much better compared to my blu ray-player. That's more than good enough for me and apart from the Netflix-issue I don't have any problems with the M8S. Quite stable, easy to use and I really like Android TV OS.

                                PS: Thanks a million for your excellent yt-videos and reviews. Really outstanding!
                                Without them (and considering my luck) I guess I would have bought the SCISHION AI ONE ;-)

                                PS: Nonetheless I will visit my friendly neighbor with the M8S pro W tomorrow. He is a happy owner of a Grundig and a Samsung TV and I will give it another try just to find out if it makes any difference. I'm not expecting a different result and it is a really weird issue...
                                Last edited by Vienna; 10-29-2018, 12:01.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X