Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dope101 View Post

not quite right,
    i got my app working by making my pro L L3, theres a module in magisk that disables liboemcryto.so and turns the drm to L3
    And what app is that ? Netflix mobile ?

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

And what app is that ? Netflix mobile ?
      optus sport,
      its an Australian app for football

Comment

I can confirm that using this module: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...r-drm-t3794393 fixes some apps that don't require L1 widevine.
        Dope101 you are my hero

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
          Thanks, but is that a tablet version or an Atv version?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk
          It WAS an ATV version, but don't think it works anymore, have not tried it lately.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

This is Netflix bullshit! If you have the DRV Google Widevine LV 1 should release! Then they complain about "piracy" of their content!

Comment

Originally posted by eagleeyetom View Post
              I can confirm that using this module: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...r-drm-t3794393 fixes some apps that don't require L1 widevine.
              Dope101 you are my hero
              Could you please point to some tutorial how to install it on MeCool M8S Pro+ with Stock ATV firmware? I'm not sure how to install Magisk without TRWP recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Davvid View Post

Could you please point to some tutorial how to install it on MeCool M8S Pro+ with Stock ATV firmware? I'm not sure how to install Magisk without TRWP recovery.
                Just delete the feck'n file and be done with it. My firmwares that I run don't have it installed. Also update webview and make sure chrome or any variant of chrome is not installed.

Comment

@eagleeyetom does it run netflix TV apk now? (sd of course)

Comment

So my experience is that by deleting or renaming /system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so, I can watch Amazon Prime Video through the unofficial Kodi Add-on as I did before. Conversely, with the Netflix Kodi add-on video won't start. I found a functioning tablet version of Netflix and it runs at 960x540.

I hate all of this though.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Just delete the feck'n file and be done with it. My firmwares that I run don't have it installed. Also update webview and make sure chrome or any variant of chrome is not installed.
                      Thanks, I'll be trying later tonight.

Comment

Even if a fix is found it will be a matter of time before its dead again. I gave in and bought a Shield, don`t regret it for a second

Comment

Originally posted by Dope101 View Post

not quite right,
                          i got my app working by making my pro L L3, theres a module in magisk that disables liboemcryto.so and turns the drm to L3
                          Can you please tell me which module on magisk, and how to do this please?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Can you please tell me which module on magisk, and how to do this please?
                            You don't need magisk to do that.
                            Two ways
                            1. Get file file explorer that supports root and delete file liboemcrypto.so
                            2. Get terminal emulator and type
                            su
                            mount -o remount,rw /system
                            rm /system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so

boss126 ye, I'm selling my mecool and also buying for christmas nvidia shield tv.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by meciu View Post

You don't need magisk to do that.
                              Two ways
                              1. Get file file explorer that supports root and delete file liboemcrypto.so
                              2. Get terminal emulator and type
                              su
                              mount -o remount,rw /system
                              rm /system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so

boss126 ye, I'm selling my mecool and also buying for christmas nvidia shield tv.

​​​​​​
                              Okay, many thanks.

Comment

I have Netflix working, not sure for how long. Didn't need the burn tool

Comment

Working...
                                X