Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a sec Netflix ATV version (ninja) ? In real HD (test patterns) ? How is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
      Wait a sec Netflix ATV version (ninja) ? In real HD (test patterns) ? How is it possible?
      I only did a quick test on my small bedroom tv, didn't notice resolution. I'll have a play tomorrow

Comment

I only did a quick test on my small tv, didn't look at the resolution. I'll have another play tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post

I only did a quick test on my small tv, didn't look at the resolution. I'll have another play tomorrow
          netflix ATV or netflix smartphone/tablet and your m8s pro L are LB/LQ/LA ?
          Sorry for my badly english

Comment

I doubt it is ATV

Anyway, I have Kiii pro to get Kodi, Netflix and terrestrial all from one box.

Worked great. Had hiccup like everyone with Netflix, simple fix.

But then this happened...

I cannot get 1080p Netflix so I am now pondering what to do.
            Oh wait, I have Kodi maybe there is a work around or similar that means I can watch my Netflix shows....

Comment

have 960*540 in netflix tablet/smartphone with magisk + magiskhide prop config (fingerprint and custom prop from mibox3) or/with liboemcrypto.so disabler

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Just delete the feck'n file and be done with it. My firmwares that I run don't have it installed. Also update webview and make sure chrome or any variant of chrome is not installed.
                OK. Done and it works Without libcrypto - DRM: L3 and HDCP: Unprotected. But Showmax and Netflix SD (tablet) now plays again! At least that. Thanks mates.

PS. I didn't have to uninstall Chrome.

Comment

OK. Done and it works Without libcrypto - DRM: L3 and HDCP: Unprotected. But Showmax and Netflix SD (tablet) now plays again! At least that. Thanks mates.

PS. I didn't have to uninstall Chrome.
                  Just keep it in mind for future app updates or additions. I run over 25 streaming apps, and as of recent 4 do not load in ATV with all the mods to make them work. Google busted something with play services and webview. Though the apps that are failing are phone apps for streaming. Seems that the apps are dated in architecture, and don't like the new features Google has implemented.

The apps are... CTV (CA) will work if you back out when start up is frozen and promptly restart. SBS On Demand (AU), Nat Geo (US) and CBC (CA) all fail during start up. It may be that my display setup for formatting screen for better look, is causing the last three apps to fail. But this was not an issue before December's updates with Google play services and play store.

Comment

Guys

I'm wondering if the netflix or DRM issues affects the A95X Pro boxes? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
                      not sure KM8 is affected too
                      The modded Android TV app that I've used to watch Netflix on my KM8 is also broken, as I already said. It stopped worked last Tuesday, December 11, starting to show the tvq-pb-103 (2.10.0) error when trying to play any content.

However, the other apps keep working, like Amazon Prime Video, which requires Microsoft PlayReady DRM, Google Play Movies, HBO GO (Brazil) and Telecine Play (leader of premium movie channels here in Brazil, ahead of HBO), which I'm not sure but think they all require Google Widevine, like Netflix. All these are Android TV apps.

But the KM8 was and still is announced by the manufacturer as being Google and Microsoft certified, so maybe it will be safe, almost totally.

I say almost totally because it really isn't a Netflix-certified device.

DRM Info app still shows that it supports Widevine and PlayReady DRM modules, besides ClearKey.

What about your boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by wimpie007 View Post
                        @eagleeyetom does it run netflix TV apk now? (sd of course)
                        Tablet, unfortunately. The old one - 4.10. ATV gives the standard UI-800-3 error.

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                          So my experience is that by deleting or renaming /system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so, I can watch Amazon Prime Video through the unofficial Kodi Add-on as I did before. Conversely, with the Netflix Kodi add-on video won't start. I found a functioning tablet version of Netflix and it runs at 960x540.

I hate all of this though.
                          Do you have a link to this tablet Netflix app?
                          All the phone Netflix apps I tried only show 480p max.
                          So I want to try to see if I can get 540p on different devices perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

With the latest tablet version

Envoy? de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I downloaded it from Aptoide

Comment

Originally posted by William Grondin (Yablio) View Post
                                Hi Everyone,

I'm an android developer and I recently acquired a chinese android box from VideoStrong : Meecool KM8 google certified
                                As you know Netflix android TV version are prohibited or limited for these android TV Box.
                                I try so many version linked on XDA forum, freaktabs, etc... without success.
                                I finally found the Netflix [3.2.2-Android TV Mod] apk by tork24 (DeaLabs.com) which is working in HD but NOT in ULTRAHD
                                So I decided to rummage the official netflix app, and I found that Netflix app looks for some system properties that I want to share.
                                Here, there are :
                                sys.amazon.devicename
                                sys.display-size
                                vendor.display-size
                                ro.nrdp.modelgroup
                                ro.vendor.nrdp.modelgroup
                                ro.nrdp.oemmodel
                                ro.vendor.nrdp.oemmodel

I found how to run Netflix in ULTRAHD mode :

Requirement:
                                - Download the Netflix [3.2.2-Android TV Mod] apk by tork24 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkK...8F4X-Ywcg/view
                                - You need a box with Google widevine L1 available
                                - Find a way to hide that your android box is rooted or unrooted after modifying build.prop

Follow these steps

1/ Your android box is rooted
                                - add/modify this line to your /system/build.prop :
                                ro.nrdp.modelgroup=FIRETVSTB2015
                                sys.display-size=3840x2160
                                - Unroot your box

2/Your box is NOT rooted
                                - Enable Debug USB mode
                                - type this command
                                adb ro.nrdp.modelgroup FIRETVSTB2015
                                adb sys.display-size 3840x2160

3/I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Don't worry I made an app that do the job for you.
                                You'll just have to launch it, instead of netflix app.
                                You can download it here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qKD...DLs91A4uy/view
                                or
                                https://mega.nz/#!d4FniSYZ!sQ-20oDVR...wLkdlpPITOvftw

I hope this thread can help you to enjoy Netflix ULTRAHD.
                                This method also work to use the Netflix app (6.17 build version) form the PlayStore, but only for HD.
                                Just ignore the error -14 message the first time you launch my app.
                                Sorry for my bad English.
                                If you want to let me a cookie, it is there :

Give that dev a cookie -> https://www.paypal.me/yablio

PS : I'm working to how to exploit the ro.nrdp.oemmodel system property. If anyone have an idea...
                                Hi friend, this works on Mecool M8s Pro W?
                                Oi amigo, funciona no Mecool M8s Pro W??

Comment

Working...
                                X