Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I meant their official app for ATV. It's codenamed "ninja" as opposed to "mediaclient" apk for other android devices. For example latest one:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netfli...-2440-release/

Comment

I have L3 on m8s pro. Can I try the 'Ninja' version?

Comment

Hello
        Working Netflix UHD Tablet version. Working with "banned" DRM L1 on Mecool TV Box. Install two apps from link.
        Tested on Mecool M8S PRO L.

Comment

Originally posted by 100celle83 View Post
          I have L3 on m8s pro. Can I try the 'Ninja' version?
          You can but it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by rafalxxx View Post
            Hello
            Working Netflix UHD Tablet version. Working with "banned" DRM L1 on Mecool TV Box. Install two apps from link.
            https://meocloud.pt/link/3b3f047a-3b...ce/apk/netflix
            Hi,
            Working just in SD ?

Envoy? de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Yes, sorry, working with 860x480

Comment

Yes, sorry, working with 860x480
                Not working HD with this apps?

Comment

only 856x480

Comment

Hello
                    https://meocloud.pt/link/3b3f047a-3b...ce/apk/netflix
                    this apk works but it's for smartphones, not for android tv. It is necessary to move with the mouse. I find it difficult with the remote control. Thank you
                    Last edited by 100celle83; 12-30-2018, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by 100celle83 View Post

this apk works but it's for smartphones, not for android tv. It is necessary to move with the mouse. I find it difficult with the remote control. Thank you
                      For me dosent work, in addition to installing the two APKs, do I have to do anything else?

Comment

The gearbest suport gave me the link to netflix version 6.7 for the tablet. The resolution is 960x540 and I think that nothing can be obtained at the moment. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IC...FE2bxb4IXlcbSm

Comment

It has this version that only Widevine LEVEL 1 is required, but I do not know if it works with this DRM ban by google:

Comment

Any known fix for mecool m8s pro l?

Comment

• mo123
                              mo123 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No, all Mecool DRM is blacklisted by Google.
                              If you want Netflix in HD, get a new tv or device that is Netflix Certified.
                              Try deleting system/lib/liboemcrypto.so if you want 480p Netflix.

So any idea what i can do to have fun with the mecool box instead of watching stream apps? I replaced it with an Intel NUC after the first ban last year. I am happy to have a solution that is very flexible and should work years. Only downer is the missing ATV version for Windows.
                            But i am really sick to throw eletronical devices on the garbage because manuftucre support ends. So I am looking for other use cases of this android device.

Comment

you could install Coreelec on it, just try coreelec from microsd card to begin with. You could buy a cheap x-box tv tuner & run tvheadend server

In case you didn't know, you could install Libreelec to the nuc, then run netflix on that.

Netflix won't run under coreelec on the Mecool.

Comment

Working...
                              X