Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, the headend server sounds like a nice project. Allways wanted to try that out. Hope the box has enough performance.

I have Kodi running on the NUC. Could run most of the stream apps but i prefer the apps and meanwhile i use keyboard&mouse. Also I learned to enjoy to have a real os wit all possibilities and not that scaled-down smart thing version. I chose windows because it seems the best option for so many DRM sh*t. But its another topic that has nothing to do with mecool.

Comment

I have a xbox tv tuner running, TVH server &client. on a H96 Pro 912. which is 2gb ram the mecool has 3gb ram.

Comment

If someone wants a sureshot device better go for Nvidia Shield or Xiaomi as the Mecool boxes are junk to begin with, mine came with dead BT/Wifi and had to drill holes and order a fan to avoid overheating, did get most of the amount refunded but with the unrefunded 20$ spend I wont complain and it did help me replace my cable and sluggish apps on Smart TV for sure.
        I am very easily using it for netflix in SD, why would you want to throw it till it dies on its own. I always had issues with the ATV Netflix here so just installed the Android mobile version on it from aptoide last month and ordered a cheap air mouse. It works as of now.Amazon prime video too worked on chrome browser with desktop mode in a weird aspect ratio, but it seems to be not working as of now. Basically the only use cases left are SD netflix, some TV apps like LivenetTv,Jio TV and Kodi till this fries itself out. Once that happens I will go for the Nvidia shield/MiBox.

Comment

Originally posted by Appys View Post
          If someone wants a sureshot device better go for Nvidia Shield or Xiaomi as the Mecool boxes are junk to begin with, mine came with dead BT/Wifi and had to drill holes and order a fan to avoid overheating, did get most of the amount refunded but with the unrefunded 20$ spend I wont complain and it did help me replace my cable and sluggish apps on Smart TV for sure.
          I am very easily using it for netflix in SD, why would you want to throw it till it dies on its own. I always had issues with the ATV Netflix here so just installed the Android mobile version on it from aptoide last month and ordered a cheap air mouse. It works as of now.Amazon prime video too worked on chrome browser with desktop mode in a weird aspect ratio, but it seems to be not working as of now. Basically the only use cases left are SD netflix, some TV apps like LivenetTv,Jio TV and Kodi till this fries itself out. Once that happens I will go for the Nvidia shield/MiBox.
          Mecool boxes are not junk.
          I use my M8S Pro L to run my iptv and other apk's.

Comment

Just found myself a solution, bought a Mi Box... It's just pure CRAP. Slow, wi-fi issues... just sent back and asked for a refund.

So I bought a Chromecast, and I'm giving it a try... does not work with a remote, but Netflix is running smoothly in glorious 1080p.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by pollux_master View Post
              Just found myself a solution, bought a Mi Box... It's just pure CRAP. Slow, wi-fi issues... just sent back and asked for a refund.

So I bought a Chromecast, and I'm giving it a try... does not work with a remote, but Netflix is running smoothly in glorious 1080p.

Cheers.
              Which Mi Box did you have?

Comment

So some good news

Comment

• mo123
                  mo123 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And what will that help with?
                  You need L1 DRM.

Cheers.
                I bought a fire stick (unfortunately only the basic edition is available) and it's very good for Netflix and Prime Video. Otherwise I use the Mecool

Comment

Originally posted by joefriday View Post

Which Mi Box did you have?
                  Mi Box 3, with Oreo update.

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                  I bought a fire stick (unfortunately only the basic edition is available) and it's very good for Netflix and Prime Video. Otherwise I use the Mecool
                  Fire TV wasn't an option for me due the lack of Youtube support.

But I'm on the same situation here, Pro + for Plex and MX Player and Chromecast for Netflix.

Comment

Mi Box 3, with Oreo update.

Fire TV wasn't an option for me due the lack of Youtube support.

But I'm on the same situation here, Pro + for Plex and MX Player and Chromecast for Netflix.
                    Smart YouTube Tv is a decent surrogate

Comment

how do you think. I have me8s pro l. Throw away to trash or keep and wait for patch for netflix ?

Comment

Originally posted by tomeksup View Post
                        how do you think. I have me8s pro l. Throw away to trash or keep and wait for patch for netflix ?
                        Don't keep your hopes too high... But don't throw away your device,

Comment

i am still waiting for solution. I heard that some people working on it.

Comment

offtopic, can we use a external media player (mx player, vlc) to play movies of plex?

I'm waitting a solution for netflix in HD

Tanks

Comment

Originally posted by ximi View Post
                              offtopic, can we use a external media player (mx player, vlc) to play movies of plex?

I'm waitting a solution for netflix in HD

Tanks
                              As far as I know, no. But you can run Plex addon through Kodi app.

Comment

Working...
                              X