Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sepa View Post

You keep saying this but it's not true (see my post above) nor am I convinced it has anything to do with Google. I can get other restricted streaming apps working in HD without passing Google certification, which is not that hard to do anyway. More likely Netflix servers are checking device IDs and disabling HD streams for anything that's not on their list of approved devices.

Mecool L1 boxes only ever worked in SD UNLESS you also used a modded Netflix app that forced HD. Those apps are now blocked by Netflix, which will only work with apps that also stream SD.

The question is how does Netflix detection work? Is it something as simple as checking the ESN? If that's the case, why didn't they do it before, and surely some sort of device spoofing should get around it. Or is Netflix simply detecting attempts to force HD and blocking it? I'm sure there's a solution, and better advice than junking your android box and getting another device. Most of us already have other devices that stream Netflix in HD/4K.
    Wrong, the Mecool KM8 is Google Certificated, and it used the Google Play store version of Netflix and it played in 1080p with DD+ audio.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

I know. Kodi doesnt work .Netflix app working fine but sd
      sorry but i have m8s pro with TVstock nexus rom (https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1) but I can not find a netflix app that works in SD, could you tell me which one to use? All those that I tried or gave the usual netflix error or just did not start because the package is damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Wrong, the Mecool KM8 is Google Certificated, and it used the Google Play store version of Netflix and it played in 1080p with DD+ audio.
        KM8 with modified app: https://androidpc.es/review-mecool-km8/
        KM9 does not rotate in HD: https://androidpc.es/review-mecool-km9/

Comment

Originally posted by pégaso View Post

KM8 with modified app: https://androidpc.es/review-mecool-km8/
          KM9 does not rotate in HD: https://androidpc.es/review-mecool-km9/
          Dang, It is bad getting old, but you are correct. I had forgotten that the native Netflix app did NOT work, I stand corrected....... I get my different boxes confused.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I had native Netflix @ 1080 (confirmed by Ctrl F4) without any problem on my Mecool M8S Pro L.

Comment

Any solution to the Mecool M8S PRO+ version? the burn key tools not working, it seens that the Pro+ its the less popular version of all...

Comment

Originally posted by fandango-fr View Post
                I had native Netflix @ 1080 (confirmed by Ctrl F4) without any problem on my Mecool M8S Pro L.
                Which Netflix Version do you use? Can send me a link please? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Or buy a smart tv that already has those apps.
                  My Samsung curved tv has incredible UHD Netflix and Prime .
                  They're giving away 4k sets with Fire and Android built-in too.
                  What kind of (to use a euphemism) silly suggestion is that? A TV is the most expensive device in a media center, it's like suggesting a person who doesn't like their car stereo to buy a new car. We discuss tv boxes here, please stay on topic, nobody is here to read about your TV.

Comment

Originally posted by sepa View Post

Mecool L1 boxes only ever worked in SD UNLESS you also used a modded Netflix app that forced HD. Those apps are now blocked by Netflix, which will only work with apps that also stream SD.
                    I have Mecool M8s L Pro LQ with Widewine L1 and, until it worked, I downloaded the regular Netflix app through the Google Play store for Android Tv. The regular Netflix for Android TV app also worked. Please let's only report things we're sure of.

Edit: I meant apk instead of app

Last edited by mymo; 01-28-2019, 15:58.

Comment

Exact, Netflix ATV apps worked @1080 on M8S Pro L with widevine L1, no doubt about this.

Comment

Just tested on my LB version and so far same error

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                          What kind of (to use a euphemism) silly suggestion is that? A TV is the most expensive device in a media center, it's like suggesting a person who doesn't like their car stereo to buy a new car. We discuss tv boxes here, please stay on topic, nobody is here to read about your TV.
                          I don't know why you blame the others reply... I too believe if you want Netflix buy something that is certified. If you think a TV is THE most expensive component in the media center, your wrong. Speakers, amps, and a digital processor will cost 3 times as much as a good 75" or bigger telly.

I see no reason why peeps whine over a cheap Chinese box about L1, when they should have bought a retail certified box or TV, as many seem to be expecting the box to fix what their TV and audio system lacks. If you spent money on a big screen TV without L1 built in, then it must be over 6 years old, and it will need to be replaced, or you did not do your home work, and cheaped up on the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdown77 View Post

Which Netflix Version do you use? Can send me a link please? Thank you.
                            me too buddy if you would

thx

Comment

Originally posted by fandango-fr View Post
                              Exact, Netflix ATV apps worked @1080 on M8S Pro L with widevine L1, no doubt about this.
                              please share link to your netflix version apk

Comment

fandango-fr and mymo

Most if not existing m8s pro l or even mecool are having netflix except both of you... do check again or provide us the link to download/test

Comment

Working...
                                X