Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
    fandango-fr and mymo

Most if not existing m8s pro l or even mecool are having netflix except both of you... do check again or provide us the link to download/test
    We ARE NOT getting Netflix at 1080p, we only said we were getting it until it worked up to early December through the regular Playstore. Please you guys READ carefully before posting.

Comment

What is the new devices of S905x2 can play new version of Netflix in HD?

Comment

To all the ones who have problems with NetFlix in MeCool M8S Pro+
        I found this apk and it works for me!
        The only problem is you won't see it on the main menu, but only in the App Drawer.
        So remember to install the app drawer!

Download it from there, no registration needed!!!

netflix.mediaclient-3.9.1_build_4105-4105.zip

I used to have the NetFlix app from the PlayStore, and I tried some NetFlix video tests.
        None of them has worked for me. I could only watch oldest movies & series: no Breaking Bad, no Narcos, no 4K & HDR. Only HD old movies & series.
        With this app I managed to watch 4 episodes of Breaking Bad all at once and no freezes.

The only one thing that makes me disappointed is that the video starts in very poor pixelated quality, but in a minute or less it runs in HD or FullHD I suppose.
        My MeCool M8S Pro+ is attached via LAN to the main fiber router at home, so it should work flawlessly.
        Unfortunately it's a very old app so there's no menu: that's why I can't access all the tests the new app offers.
        But after MONTHS of tests, I found it works.

Please let me know if it works for you too!

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

I don't know why you blame the others reply... I too believe if you want Netflix buy something that is certified. If you think a TV is THE most expensive component in the media center, your wrong. Speakers, amps, and a digital processor will cost 3 times as much as a good 75" or bigger telly.

I see no reason why peeps whine over a cheap Chinese box about L1, when they should have bought a retail certified box or TV, as many seem to be expecting the box to fix what their TV and audio system lacks. If you spent money on a big screen TV without L1 built in, then it must be over 6 years old, and it will need to be replaced, or you did not do your home work, and cheaped up on the purchase.
          Go to hell buddy. First off it wasn't cheap. With shipping it was over $70 for a pro L. More than most android boxes not named shield.

Next, it said on gearbest page Netflix. They have since removed it. Every review online mentioned how it worked great with Netflix. Who knew about this license crap?

People like you are just jerks. Taking the side of those who cheated the consumer and not the person who got shafted
          ​​​​​​
          Methinks you work for MeCool

Again in case you missed it the first time

Go to hell

​​​
          ​​​​
          ​​​​

Comment

• blinkone
            blinkone commented
            Editing a comment
            If you want to throw your teddys out your pram go to kinder garden.I and others wont tolerate talk like this if anyone's going anywhere it will be you, Be warned keep it clean and respect others.Blinky

Originally posted by fpmpaolo View Post
          The only problem is you won't see it on the main menu, but only in the App Drawer.

I used to have the NetFlix app from the PlayStore, and I tried some NetFlix video tests.
          None of them has worked for me. I could only watch oldest movies & series: no Breaking Bad, no Narcos, no 4K & HDR. Only HD old movies & series.
          With this app I managed to watch 4 episodes of Breaking Bad all at once and no freezes.

The only one thing that makes me disappointed is that the video starts in very poor pixelated quality, but in a minute or less it runs in HD or FullHD I suppose.
          My MeCool M8S Pro+ is attached via LAN to the main fiber router at home, so it should work flawlessly.
          Unfortunately it's a very old app so there's no menu: that's why I can't access all the tests the new app offers.

It works, i think is a very old app, is not ATV, but works. Tnx

Comment

Originally posted by xmatrix83 View Post

It works, i think is a very old app, is not ATV, but works. Tnx
            hd or sd?

Comment

Originally posted by fpmpaolo View Post

Can you say if it HD or SD?

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdown77 View Post

hd or sd?
                SD

Comment

Thought it was HD...anyway since there's no working apk, this might be a workaround for all the people like me who have an old TV and need to have NetFlix working.

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                    We ARE NOT getting Netflix at 1080p, we only said we were getting it until it worked up to early December through the regular Playstore. Please you guys READ carefully before posting.
                    Noted...

Anyone else getting 720p with/using the solution from 'KM8 with modified app: https://androidpc.es/review-mecool-km8/" as quoted previous page?

Am currently on Netflix 6.7 which needs to pair with a mouse and the quality if 480p..

TIA

Comment

Noted...

Anyone else getting 720p with/using the solution from 'KM8 with modified app: https://androidpc.es/review-mecool-km8/" as quoted previous page?

Am currently on Netflix 6.7 which needs to pair with a mouse and the quality if 480p..

TIA
                      It has to see if the Widevine of the KM8 was not blocked by the Guugle like the other boxes of Mecool.

Comment

That does not work any more.

To get Netflix in 720p on KM8 box try to install CoreElec 8.99.1 with Kodi Leia 18 final, then in Kodi Leia install Netfix addon.
                        It works perfect on S912 boxes so it's woth a try to see if it will work on this S905X box.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post

To get Netflix in 720p on KM8 box try to install CoreElec 8.99.1 with Kodi Leia 18 final, then in Kodi Leia install Netfix addon.
                          It works perfect on S912 boxes so it's woth a try to see if it will work on this S905X box.
                          It does work on the KM8 box (S905X).
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post

Actually it works better on s905x than s912

Comment

I am facing issues as well with netflix.

I own an S905D XORO hst 260s Android 6.0 box and an S905X CQ II Android TV 6.0.1.

The Xoro is magisk rooted and plays netflix content with using latest apk and amazon prime video.

The CQ II does not play any content. Just getting error messages.

Does it depend on the build prop? Maybe it is possible to fool netflix?

Comment

Working...
                              X