Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mymo View Post
    Actually it works better on s905x than s912
    In final version of Kodi Leia 720p playback on S912 was much improved.
    I tried Netflix on both my boxes X92_S912 and KM8_S9005X, and see no significant difference.
    Maybe placebo, but picture on overckloced X92 box looks a bit better to me.

Comment

Note, if you install Coreelec 8.99.1.1 .Netflix on s912 or s905 you need to change tv settings to 720, or you get stuttering

Comment

I get no stuttering without changing any TV settings, even with subtitles. 720 resolution is set in "InputStream Adaptive", and that is all that is needed on my boxes. Kodi UI resolution stays at 1920x1080, as does the resolution on my TV which does the upscaling from 720 to 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post
          I get no stuttering without changing any TV settings, even with subtitles. 720 resolution is set in "InputStream Adaptive", and that is all that is needed on my boxes. Kodi UI resolution stays at 1920x1080, as does the resolution on my TV which does the upscaling from 720 to 1080.
          Many TVs upscale to their native resolution internally whether or not the setting. Most do a better job at sending the signal at native resolution, than to push a 720 signal to be upscaled.

the only issue is PAL compatiblity playback with NTSC. Thus a pc setting is best for our boxes for better frequency and frame rate conversion. Even though my tv is an older US model, it does PAL only by using option of the PC connection in HDMI3 port.

its hidden in the ports menu for identification. Oddly enough changing from AVR, or DVD to PC unlocks the frame rate frequency for PAL playback. No studdering or juddery

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post
            I'm sorry, I had to adjust the display settings in Kodi, not my TV

Comment

Hi guys.
              Does the tablet version (mediaclient) Netflix (SD) still work for you? I can't login today on my M8S Pro+ but no problem on PC.

Edit:
              OK, it looks like the modded versions got banned. Stock ones still work.
              Last edited by Davvid; 02-07-2019, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
                Hi guys.
                Does the tablet version (mediaclient) Netflix (SD) still work for you? I can't login today on my M8S Pro+ but no problem on PC.

Edit:
                OK, it looks like the modded versions got banned. Stock ones still work.
                Sorry silly question but where can the stock app be found

Comment

Trying unistall the updates for netflix or flash stock rom in tv box

Comment

Originally posted by smalltom199 View Post

Sorry silly question but where can the stock app be found
                    Try apkmirror!

Comment

OK. That's interesting. I've tested various versions and:
                      - 4.xx - work and can be controlled by stock simple remote controller
                      - 5.xx - fail to login
                      - 6.xx - work but can't use without mouse

Can anyone confirm problems with login in 5.xx mediaclient apks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Davvid View Post
                        OK. That's interesting. I've tested various versions and:
                        - 4.xx - work and can be controlled by stock simple remote controller
                        - 5.xx - fail to login
                        - 6.xx - work but can't use without mouse

Can anyone confirm problems with login in 5.xx mediaclient apks ?
                        In hd or not?

Comment

SD only, of course.

Comment

If You want Netflix on K III pro or other s912 devices try corelec 8.99.2 - best solution - Kodi will give you better functionality for almost everything : TV application is very good - you can edit list of channels on your PC computer or directly in the box. Netflix works great in 720p resolution. You don't need original remote, Tv remote with CEC works great. You can operate your box on your PC with kodi webserver.
                            And you can make a dual boot (Coreelec on SDCARD and androidTV on emmc inside the box)

I'm very satisfied

Comment

Originally posted by bratmat View Post
                              If You want Netflix on K III pro or other s912 devices try corelec 8.99.2 - best solution - Kodi will give you better functionality for almost everything : TV application is very good - you can edit list of channels on your PC computer or directly in the box. Netflix works great in 720p resolution. You don't need original remote, Tv remote with CEC works great. You can operate your box on your PC with kodi webserver.
                              And you can make a dual boot (Coreelec on SDCARD and androidTV on emmc inside the box)

I'm very satisfied
                              how to install corelec 8.99.2 in box mecool m8s pro L?

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 4 usando o Tapatalk

Comment

how to install corelec 8.99.2 in box mecool m8s pro L?
                                Link

Comment

Working...
                                X