Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they care? Is it because 1080P streams take more bandwith or do they think we are recording the streams?

Is the audio still the same or do you guys not care about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Elbanannero View Post

HD ? will be resolution 854x480, no HD
      Didn't do test pattern but its clear enuff around 720p on my old led 1080 tv

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
        Why do they care? Is it because 1080P streams take more bandwith or do they think we are recording the streams?

Is the audio still the same or do you guys not care about that?
        So that recording and pirating their series in HD is difficult enough for an average user.

They limit it to locked devices.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Netflix can then also get double income by forcing manufacturers to pay them $5-10 million a year to keep their devices Netflix Certified, so it's all about the money.

Hello,

Please advise how to unroot this box:

My TV Box: M8S Pro LB
        ROM Installed: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1

As I understand that I need to unroot this box to be able to run Netflix in HD.

Thank you

Hannah

Comment

I'm buying mecool km9 pro from aliexpress. Could some one please tell me is still problem with netflix? And which is better way to fix it?

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Netflix not supported on it and you can also not dual-boot CoreELEC to run Netflix from there.

Originally posted by Elbanannero View Post

HD ? will be resolution 854x480, no HD
          You're right, did a test and ain't HD, must be my TV enhancement

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            Netflix not supported on it and you can also not dual-boot CoreELEC to run Netflix from there.
            Wrong, yet again, mo123. We all know you hate Mecool boxes, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't comment. The Mecool km9 pro does support dual-boot coreELEC: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/ins...m9-pro/8055/20

And while it's true android Netflix is not supported, there are workarounds, as this thread shows.

Comment

Originally posted by sepa View Post

Wrong, yet again, mo123. We all know you hate Mecool boxes, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't comment. The Mecool km9 pro does support dual-boot coreELEC: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/ins...m9-pro/8055/20

And while it's true android Netflix is not supported, there are workarounds, as this thread shows.
              We talking about the Mecool ATV9 boxes?? The might be Google certified but not Netflix certified!

no it does not support netflix 4 sure - you must install phone apk...

I bought 2 boxes and returned them

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

We talking about the Mecool ATV9 boxes?? The might be Google certified but not Netflix certified!

no it does not support netflix 4 sure - you must install phone apk...

I bought 2 boxes and returned them
                Of course Mecool KM9 Pro can run Netflix in HD, but NOT IN ANDROID. You have to install CoreElec/Kodi on the box to use HD NF, as the post you quoted, suggested!
                If you read posts from above supplied link you'd see that on all these boxes:

KM9 running 8.1/9.0 Android Skinned
                KM9 Pro Classic 2/16 running 9 ATV
                KM9 Pro Deluxe 4/32 running 9 ATV + AC/Gig
                KM3 4/64 or 4/128 running 9 ATV + AC/Gig

CoreElec can be installed and than you can use Netflix Kodi addon to have NF in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by mitr74 View Post
                  I'm buying mecool km9 pro from aliexpress. Could some one please tell me is still problem with netflix? And which is better way to fix it?
                  I'm still using below apk getting up to 1080 on Netflix on KM9 Pro Classic

https://apkbilli.com/netflix-4-16-1-build-200147-2/

Or this
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PNqEQDZCu63jU33xpCKtZYCj0EUjBcKh/view
                  Last edited by Hideiyoshi; 05-04-2020, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post

You have to install CoreElec/Kodi on the box to use HD NF, as the post you quoted, suggested!

CoreElec can be installed and than you can use Netflix Kodi addon to have NF in HD.
                    ...I missed that

Comment

I have TCL TV DRM backup, can I restore it to other boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by zsp1977 View Post
                        I have TCL TV DRM backup, can I restore it to other boxes?
                        And how do you plan to do that since it's impossible?

Comment

I still do not know yet

Comment

I share the backup here

Comment

Working...
                            X