Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Here is the link that Snakx posted to resurrect Netflix in 1080P HD....

Scroll to post #60. Could not get a direct link to that post.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/mecool/737833-netflix-in-hd-is-being-killed-in-some-of-the-chinese-boxes?p=738327#post738327

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, it appears that it has finally happened, Netflix in HD has stopped working on these Chinese boxes that are NOT Google Certified. Tested my Mecool M8S Pro L and my Mecool M8S Pro Plus, both get an error now when trying to play Netflix in HD. Question is whether Mecool or others will be able to correct this issue via firmware upgrade, or is it an embedded hardware problem that can't be solved.

But for me, that is not the end of the world, I can always use Netflix in 480p, if worse comes to worse.

Edit: Posted a version of Netflix on Dropbox that will Play Netflix in 1080p HD........

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5alkplnfo0....5_HD.apk?dl=0
    I removed the app, not sure if it's legal to post it.

Another option of getting Netflix in 720p, is by using LibreELEC. This video is a year old, but it still works. You install LibreELEC on a microSD card and dual boot from your Android box. It does not affect your existing Android. I think it also supports Amazon Prime, but i don't subscribe to the Prime, so I can't confirm.

Netflix HD running on $40 Android box running a beta port of LibreELEC LE9.x - Kodi Leia by Johngalt. John has been creating mods that will run 10bit/HDR/D...
    Last edited by clarkss12; 08-04-2018, 16:03.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Not having an L1 box myself, I noticed on my two boxes, that the two latest firmwares have some differences in the that there are more files in the lib folder. One being libdrmdecrypt.so, which is known to break Netflix. Though, my latest box will play Netflix in 1080p with or without the lib file, when the missing libs are added. You can look for the file and rename it with a txt extension or remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
      Not having an L1 box myself, I noticed on my two boxes, that the two latest firmwares have some differences in the that there are more files in the lib folder. One being libdrmdecrypt.so, which is known to break Netflix. Though, my latest box will play Netflix in 1080p with or without the lib file, when the missing libs are added. You can look for the file and rename it with a txt extension or remove it.
      Are you saying you are getting Netflix in 1080p withOUT having Widevine Level 1 DRM???
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Are you saying you are getting Netflix in 1080p withOUT having Widevine Level 1 DRM???
        Yep, you can if using custom firmware, or using mods to make it so. L1 is only good if you want HDR and DTS. To me Netflix needs better performance. Sony Ultra 4K app is way better for playback, but is too costly and limited by lack of titles for Netflix users to move to, but for peeps with large Blue ray libraries with uvvu.com accounts can access and share through the app or apps supporting uvvu.com

Comment

With my Mecool M8S PRO L (LB Version) I can't access the original Netflix app since today. I am not even able to login to watch with sd. I am getting the error message NW-6-404. Yesterday everything was fine and watching from another device is still possible.

Comment

Originally posted by XXBrain View Post
            With my Mecool M8S PRO L (LB Version) I can't access the original Netflix app since today. I am not even able to login to watch with sd. I am getting the error message NW-6-404. Yesterday everything was fine and watching from another device is still possible.
            Same problem, how can i watch in sd?

Comment

The app from the aptoide store is running with sd quality. But I termintated my netflix membership. SD isn't worth it.

Comment

I have try the aptoide version 5.4, 5.3.3 and 5.3.2 same error, no way to view netflix

Comment

Originally posted by xmatrix83 View Post
                  I have try the aptoide version 5.4, 5.3.3 and 5.3.2 same error, no way to view netflix
                  Try other versions.

Comment

Wtf, the main reason I bought the box was its compatibility with Netflix!

I'm pretty sure I can find a way to stream it through Kodi, but I almost feel it's not worth the trouble...

How can we email Videostrong?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I tried up to the version 4.2 nothing works. I have the firmware with android tv.
                      Even for me it's the only reason I bought this box, i think I will buy xiaomi box, that is certified and I do not think there are problems.
                      Netflix shit, I pay the subscription what does it matter where I see it ...

Comment

I tried up to the version 4.2 nothing works. I have the firmware with android tv.
                        Even for me it's the only reason I bought this box, i think I will buy xiaomi box, that is certified and I do not think there are problems.
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                          Wtf, the main reason I bought the box was its compatibility with Netflix!

I'm pretty sure I can find a way to stream it through Kodi, but I almost feel it's not worth the trouble...

How can we email Videostrong?

Look at my fist post and download the Netflix that will work in 1080p.

Comment

Look at my fist post and download the Netflix that will work in 1080p, but no DD+.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12

Look at my fist post and download the Netflix that will work in 1080p.
                              Thanks, but is that a tablet version or an Atv version?

Comment

Working...
                              X