Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarkss12 what the difference between this app and the official ? Thumbs down for Netflix.. We pay it...

Comment

We got what we paid for. Finally after amazon netflix and all the other DRM heros decided to only support specific devices I reached a point where it makes sense to by an intel based mini pc. Stupid but i don't want to buy more e-waste.

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep it would be all about the $$$, someone most likely complained/whinged if they can why can we do HD (speculation only) the content suppliers, say show us the money, and we will tweak this so it can happen (again speculation).

Originally posted by allandacruz89 View Post
      clarkss12 what the difference between this app and the official ? Thumbs down for Netflix.. We pay it...
      Did you try it? It only works with boxes that support Widevine Level 1 with HDCP 1.x or better.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by XXBrain
        We got what we paid for. Finally after amazon netflix and all the other DRM heros decided to only support specific devices I reached a point where it makes sense to by an intel based mini pc. Stupid but i don't want to buy more e-waste.
        Agreed word by word included the bitter conclusion.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Did you try it? It only works with boxes that support Widevine Level 1 with HDCP 1.x or better.
          Oh no. I'm at work now. I'll test later at home. I have a PRO + and a Pro, both L1 licensed!

Thanks for the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by XXBrain View Post
            Yeah! You were at the point!

Comment

Netflix growth has slowed, so they may have to open up more avenues of profit.

But like many things, it's down to users to tell them en mass that there is no good reason to prevent access across a wider range of devices.
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

But like many things, it's down to users to tell them en mass that there is no good reason to prevent access across a wider range of devices.
                Blue, I just noticed, we got demoted to Junior Member.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Then again, most smart tv's now ( if not all ) have netflix app built in.

Comment

Blue, why do you have all capitals in your FREAKTAB WIZARD and I don't??

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Blue, why do you have all capitals in your FREAKTAB WIZARD and I don't??
                      Because I am from the land of Harry Potter and you are a muggle lol
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Because I am from the land of Harry Potter and you are a muggle lol
                        Hahaha......

Comment

My Mecool M8S Pro L has updated the new version of Netflix. After this it passed the error "NW-6-404". Every time you start the app, it loads and displays a screen with that error. Checking the network, all the servers are online and network connection ok. On the Netflix site is reporting: "If you have the NW-6-404 error code, it usually points to information stored on the device that needs to be updated. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve your problem." Source: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/59270 However it does not explain what information. Anyone know what this information is?

Comment

Maybe they are doing some sort of a check on who should and should not be using Netflix and its all gone wrong/bad at Netflix end.
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Has anybody tested if hiding root can solve the problem? I need to install magisk first which will take me some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X