Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
    Thank you for the info! Sceptre TVs are new to me (first thought: a Bond-villain) , looks like they are only sold in the US and not in Europe. Looking at their website the most recent UHD-models look quite interesting and support HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2. My LG's support both HDCP - definitely, therefore I'm having some problems to understand where my problem with the M8S pro W comes from.

Meanwhile I have found a workaround that i can quite happily live with: The mobile version of the Netflix app offers a "send to TV" feature and I've never used it before. Didn't even know what it was good for till today. As soon as I activated it I was able to select the TV (always connected to my network) and somehow Netflix started on the TV. In High Definition, with the TV interface and I can even use my One For All remote in TV-mode to operate Netflix. The performance is so much better compared to my blu ray-player. That's more than good enough for me and apart from the Netflix-issue I don't have any problems with the M8S. Quite stable, easy to use and I really like Android TV OS.

PS: Thanks a million for your excellent yt-videos and reviews. Really outstanding!
    Without them (and considering my luck) I guess I would have bought the SCISHION AI ONE ;-)

PS: Nonetheless I will visit my friendly neighbor with the M8S pro W tomorrow. He is a happy owner of a Grundig and a Samsung TV and I will give it another try just to find out if it makes any difference. I'm not expecting a different result and it is a really weird issue...
    If I was a betting man, I bet it will work on his TV.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello,
      I have read all posts.I tried every burnkeytool that was available.
      The install button remains gray and can not be selected.
      What is the problem? My Box is M8S pro L(LQ).

Comment

AFAIK the tool is only for these models: M8S_PRO_L, M8S_PRO_L_4335 and M8S_PRO_W (BurnKeyTools-V1.021.apk)
        Look into "assets" folder within the .apk to see if your box is supported.

Comment

what do you mean exactly, I have to edit the file, so that the installation works?
          Nothing in the whole thread. And nothing in the manual.

Comment

Are you looking for Netflix Apk than i will refer you one site that can help you to download Netflix Apk for Android And Android TV Netflix APK

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm an android developer and I recently acquired a chinese android box from VideoStrong : Meecool KM8 google certified
            As you know Netflix android TV version are prohibited or limited for these android TV Box.
            I try so many version linked on XDA forum, freaktabs, etc... without success.
            I finally found the Netflix [3.2.2-Android TV Mod] apk by tork24 (DeaLabs.com) which is working in HD but NOT in ULTRAHD
            So I decided to rummage the official netflix app, and I found that Netflix app looks for some system properties that I want to share.
            Here, there are :
            sys.amazon.devicename
            sys.display-size
            vendor.display-size
            ro.nrdp.modelgroup
            ro.vendor.nrdp.modelgroup
            ro.nrdp.oemmodel
            ro.vendor.nrdp.oemmodel

I found how to run Netflix in ULTRAHD mode :

Requirement:
            - Download the Netflix [3.2.2-Android TV Mod] apk by tork24 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkK...8F4X-Ywcg/view
            - You need a box with Google widevine L1 available
            - Find a way to hide that your android box is rooted or unrooted after modifying build.prop

Follow these steps

1/ Your android box is rooted
            - add/modify this line to your /system/build.prop :
            ro.nrdp.modelgroup=FIRETVSTB2015
            sys.display-size=3840x2160
            - Unroot your box

2/Your box is NOT rooted
            - Enable Debug USB mode
            - type this command
            adb ro.nrdp.modelgroup FIRETVSTB2015
            adb sys.display-size 3840x2160

3/I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Don't worry I made an app that do the job for you.
            You'll just have to launch it, instead of netflix app.
            You can download it here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qKD...DLs91A4uy/view
            or
            https://mega.nz/#!d4FniSYZ!sQ-20oDVR...wLkdlpPITOvftw

I hope this thread can help you to enjoy Netflix ULTRAHD.
            This method also work to use the Netflix app (6.17 build version) form the PlayStore, but only for HD.
            Just ignore the error -14 message the first time you launch my app.
            Sorry for my bad English.
            If you want to let me a cookie, it is there :

Give that dev a cookie -> https://www.paypal.me/yablio

PS : I'm working to how to exploit the ro.nrdp.oemmodel system property. If anyone have an idea...

Comment

Comment

hello i update my mecool kiii pro stock rom android 7.1.2 but in playstore no found neflix,i download from apkmiror install netflix but is writting no compatible with device wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by mparahir View Post
                  hello i update my mecool kiii pro stock rom android 7.1.2 but in playstore no found neflix,i download from apkmiror install netflix but is writting no compatible with device wtf?
                  Netflix is only compatible with some certified box only. There is a tick to fool the netflix app and make it compatible.
                  See my post above...

Comment

Originally posted by William Grondin (Yablio) View Post

Netflix is only compatible with some certified box only. There is a tick to fool the netflix app and make it compatible.
                    See my post above...
                    hello .... does not work on my m8s pro l ( lq)

i have a trouble
                    code error tvq-pm -100 (5.2.5) , i can play only the 4k uhd movies ,,, all the others after 15/20 seconds gives me error tvq-pm -100 (5.2.5)

Comment

Originally posted by goblen View Post

hello .... does not work on my m8s pro l ( lq)

i have a trouble
                      code error tvq-pm -100 (5.2.5) , i can play only the 4k uhd movies ,,, all the others after 15/20 seconds gives me error tvq-pm -100 (5.2.5)
                      I had this error error too. Disable the surround sound in settings>sound. Unplug any USB devices and reboot. I don't know why but it works for me.
                      ​​​​​
                      Last edited by William Grondin (Yablio); 11-23-2018, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by William Grondin (Yablio) View Post

I had this error error too. Disable the surround sound in settings>sound. Unplugged any USB devices and reboot. I don't know why but it works for me.
                        ​​​​​
                        thank you for reply ? but still not work , what firmware are u using , mine is the latest nexus tv ( magendaz) , is your rooted ?
                        Last edited by goblen; 11-23-2018, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by goblen View Post

thank you for reply ? but still not work , what firmware are u using , mine is the latest nexus tv ( magendaz) , is your rooted ?
                          I have a mecool KM8 box with the original firmware. The box is not rooted. You can't have netflix UHD with a rooted box. I had the tvq-pm -100 (5.2.5) error message because I plugged an USB 5.1 soundcard on the box. Unplugged it solve the problem. I know this error is about a sound problem but I don't know exactly how to solve it. May your TV have a special sound system ? May you can try to disable it ?... :/

Comment

Yesterday my Mecool M8S pro L stopped playing netflix again. I am getting "this title is not available to watch instantly" errortvq-pm-103. I tried burning the key again with the tool...no luck. I found some posts on a polish site with a few people all experiencing the same thing since yesterday

Comment

This on going issue is why I don't play with these low cost boxes with L1 drm. If I wanted L1 i'd get a shield tv or an Amazon Fire TV, or a new name brand TV that supports L1.

since the late 80s products have been forcing us to upgrade after 1 to 2 years. As full product support became phased out to new product releases. If you want the latest features now, you will pay for it, without any guarantee that it is 100% functional or supported after Warrenby. Problem is, the features you pay for will be replaced before you get your monies worth out of it.

outside of the above, its the peeps fault this is happening. Yes, you peeps! You buy into false claims, 90% fully functional, and partial support of any given product. Look at all the smart phones, and laptops that are wonky, yet peeps buy them even though the will deal with issues. He big problem is upgrades to newer products, hoping what they get is better, but realisticlly the product is not 100% functional or as reliable as they expect.

it took me a few years to make my 4 year old tablet with proper, and it runs kitkat. I won't bother with any other replacement. Just too much to deal with for not much better improvement.

Comment

Working...
                              X