Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hawkdown77 View Post

Its Android TV version or smartphone version?
    Phone version!

Comment

I had managed to get Netflix working on my mecool m8s pro L by using burnkeytools but have got home today and have this error message ui-800-3 (307003).

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

Phone version!
        But it work HD or not?

Comment

Is there any solution for nextflix?
          Changing the name of the device, installing some magisk modules?

Comment

Originally posted by chmurson View Post
            Is there any solution for nextflix?
            Changing the name of the device, installing some magisk modules?
            Have test many change in build.prop but not work and can't connect in Netflix now

Envoy? de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
              I'd like to point out that the Amazon add-on won't start either... The Log says inputstream adaptive: unable to find a license. If anyone can confirm this, I'd be grateful
              same issue here : "unable to find license" in kodi.log when playing a video.

Comment

ok so to sum up we need to try:
                install stock rom
                unroot stock rom
                install Magisk with props spoofing package
                import MI BOX build.props file with fingerprint end else
                from here: https://gist.github.com/ayufan/38f57...8aea85422f2957
                or maybe just import mi box fingerprint and change mecool name with this method:
                Starting from Android Marshmallow and above, simply changing the ro.product.model entry in /system/build.prop will not change the device's name everywhere. The build.prop change can only be seen in Settings > About phone. Introduced in 6.0...

I am brainstorming since there are lots of people with mecool m8s pro L that need it to be worth for netflix again.

Comment

Originally posted by voytas View Post
                  ok so to sum up we need to try:
                  install stock rom
                  unroot stock rom
                  install Magisk with props spoofing package
                  import MI BOX build.props file with fingerprint end else
                  from here: https://gist.github.com/ayufan/38f57...8aea85422f2957
                  or maybe just import mi box fingerprint and change mecool name with this method:
                  https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-step-t3559040

I am brainstorming since there are lots of people with mecool m8s pro L that need it to be worth for netflix again.
                  Yes, we need look into netflix log and see which build.prop lines are readed and swap them with these from MiBox.

​​​​​​And besides SafetyNet and Widevine L1 i think we need to pass Google Play Certificate so device will be recognized as Certified device.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post
                    Did you use these commands before opening Netflix app?

adb ro.nrdp.modelgroup FIRETVSTB2015
                    adb sys.display-size 3840x2160
                    first, these command won't run.
                    You need to connect via adb, like adb connect IP:PORT
                    then type adb shell setprop "key" "value"

But, key ro.nrdp.modelgroup doen't seem to be modified (maybe ro stand for read-only...)

So i reboot into recovery and modify build.prop file with this value.
                    -> same problem

Maybe the issue is Widewine SystemID (10166 if i trust DRM Info) which appears in ESN

My error is now ui-800-3

Comment

Originally posted by lezioul View Post

Maybe the issue is Widewine SystemID (10166 if i trust DRM Info) which appears in ESN

My error is now ui-800-3
                      Yes, as I think you pointed out before Netflix addon doesn't work with Kodi, Amazon addon either so I asked for help from the guys who maintain the latter, and they have pointed out that as long as I get this in my log

"ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Key system request: com.widevine.alpha ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to find license;hdcpEnforcementResolutionPixels in JSON string ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Initialize failed (SingleSampleDecrypter)"

there's nothing it can be done about it. Can a device lose ANY Widewvine license?

PS Drm info doesn't seem to point out anything strange

Comment

I don't thing the device loses the DRM license, i think the systemID 10166 is blacklisted when license is checked.
                        You can specify an ESN in kodi netflix addon.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdown77 View Post

But it work HD or not?
                          It stopped working....
                          So don't bother!
                          Regards

Comment

its dead. google have targetedly banned these boxes.

Comment

VideoStrong should pay for the required licenses, they will triple their sales if they do.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's an absolute disgrace for a company like videostrong. They should not be allowed to sell these boxes now and claim that they still manage netflix hd!!! I was also using that box for nc+go which is Polish vod service and this also stopped working lately. Had to switch to xiaomi box which works well. I wont buy that mecool shit again.

Comment

Working...
                                X