Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davvid View Post

Hi,
    Polish user here, too Does Showmax work for you at present? Here no longer And it worked flawlessly only a couple of months ago.
    Showmax is dead as well. Had to switch to xbox one for that. So I am extremely gutted that videostrong is playing with us in such a dirty manner. Never expected that but here we are. Mecool now Notsocool.

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Showmax in Poland is also being discontinued from Jan 2019 according to news reports as they are not making money.

Thanks for info. Yeah, that's really bad of them :/ Real pity. But let's give them some time, maybe they'll surprise us yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleeyetom View Post
      It appears that not Netflix, but Google severely wounded our Mecool boxes. All my apps that used DRM stopped working. At once, all of them! I'm afraid that the only solution is pushing Videostrong to pay for certification. The chances of success are slim, though. I hope that I'm wrong and everything will be back to normal shortly.
      That's right, even through the Kodi add,ons that supported Dmr. Ironically those add-ons work on devices with Widevine L3 and Linux.

Videostrog now only advertizes its products as supporting Youtube at 4K, which is a tad pathetic, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

with "new custom prop"
        ro.build.description=once-user 6.0.1 MHC19J 540 release-keys​​
        ro.build.product=once​
        ro.product.manufacturer=Xiaomi​​
        ro.product.brand=Xiaomi​
        ro.product.device=once​
        ro.product.model=MIBOX3 ​
        ro.build.id=MHC19J
        ro.build.display.id=once-user 6.0.1 MHC19J 540​
        ro.nrdp.modelgroup=XIAOMIM12TRIAL​
        Do you mean that changing buildprop as you suggested above, you managed into fooling Netflix ATV that it is actually a Xiaomi box and not Mecool (without bricking it)?

Comment

Originally posted by erikalara View Post

Do you mean that changing buildprop as you suggested above, you managed into fooling Netflix ATV that it is actually a Xiaomi box and not Mecool (without bricking it)?
          Yes but with magisk and magiskhide prop config module. It's possible to deactivate in recovery. But work in Netflix for tablet/smartphone

Envoy? de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Netflix for ATV won't work till release of new Widevine keys for our boxes, google just banned all of them.

I've managed to pass SafetyNet test but still atv version doesn't work.

Comment

Mycanal work with magisk and magiskhide prop config with this buil.prop change. netflix ATV don't work but netflix smartphone work and in HD i think.

with "fingerprint" the first choice
              ro.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/once/once:6.0.1/MHC19J/540:user/release-keys​

with "new custom prop"
              ro.build.description=once-user 6.0.1 MHC19J 540 release-keys​​
              ro.build.product=once​
              ro.product.manufacturer=Xiaomi​​
              ro.product.brand=Xiaomi​
              ro.product.device=once​
              ro.product.model=MIBOX3 ​
              ro.build.id=MHC19J
              ro.build.display.id=once-user 6.0.1 MHC19J 540​
              ro.nrdp.modelgroup=XIAOMIM12TRIAL​
              hi Snakx thanks for the tip,
              you said "...netflix smartphone work and in HD i think" could you do a "test pattern" in Netflix app to be sure it's HD ?
              Thanks in advance.

nb: in case of just type "test patterns" in Netflix search bar ...
              Last edited by Mazer.one; 12-14-2018, 14:33.

Comment

Yes but with magisk and magiskhide prop config module. It's possible to deactivate in recovery. But work in Netflix for tablet/smartphone

Envoy? de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk
                I can use the smartphone version of Netflix without any prop changes. And by the way I got rid of supersu and installed Magisk too.
                Perhaps we should try get an original Nvidia Shield 7.1 buildprop - which is fully licenced -and 'port' it on our poor Mecool box....(?)

ps: Xiaomi is stuck on 6.01 isn't it?

Comment

I can use the smartphone version of Netflix without any prop changes. And by the way I got rid of supersu and installed Magisk too.
                  Perhaps we should try get an original Nvidia Shield 7.1 buildprop - which is fully licenced -and 'port' it on our poor Mecool box....(?)

ps: Xiaomi is stuck on 6.01 isn't it?
                  +1

Could you tell me which version of netflix you are using?
                  The last smartphone version working for me is Netflix 4.16.3 build 15172 and it's not HD...
                  Last edited by Mazer.one; 12-14-2018, 12:21.

Comment

Yes. Can we use ShieldTV's config to patch to our Box?

# begin build properties # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh ro.build.id=LMY47D ro.build.display.id=LMY47D.35739_609.6420 ro.build.version.incremental=35739_609.6420 ro.build.version.sdk=22 ro.build.version.codename=REL ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL ro.build.version.release=5.1 ro.build.date=Thu Oct 8 13:57:46 PDT 2015 ro.build.date.utc=1444337866 ro.build.type=user ro.build.user=NVIDIA ro.build.host=mobile-u64-396 ro.build.tags=release-keys ro.build.flavor=foster_e-user ro.product.model=SHIELD Android TV ro.product.brand=NVIDIA ro.product.name=foster_e ro.product.device=foster ro.product.board= # ro.product.cpu.abi and ro.product.cpu.abi2 are obsolete, # use ro.product.cpu.abilist instead. ro.product.cpu.abi=arm64-v8a ro.product.cpu.abilist=arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,armeabi ro.product.cpu.abilist32=armeabi-v7a,armeabi ro.product.cpu.abilist64=arm64-v8a ro.product.manufacturer=NVIDIA ro.product.locale.language=en ro.product.locale.region=US ro.wifi.channels= ro.board.platform=tegra # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device ro.build.product=foster # Do not try to parse description, fingerprint, or thumbprint ro.build.description=foster_e-user 5.1 LMY47D 35739_609.6420 release-keys ro.build.fingerprint=NVIDIA/foster_e/foster:5.1/LMY47D/35739_609.6420:user/release-keys ro.build.characteristics=tv # end build properties # # from device/nvidia/soc/t210/system.prop # # opengles.version is 16.16 (maj.min) fixed point ro.opengles.version=196609 persist.tegra.nvmmlite=1 persist.wlan.ti.calibrated=0 ro.sf.override_lcd_density=1 # glcomposer composition persist.tegra.compositor=glcomposer persist.tegra.decompression=cde-client # WAR for bug 1536227: Restrict all ZBC clears to transparent black: persist.tegra.AF73C63E=0x80007ffd # disable input resampling ro.input.noresample=1 #enable Miracast game mode support nvwfd.gamemode=1 #max resolution supported for Miracast is 1080p, represented interms of macroblocks nvwfd.max_macroblocks=8160 # usb vendor and product ID definition ro.nv.usb.vid=0955 ro.nv.usb.pid.mtp=B430 ro.nv.usb.pid.mtp.adb=B431 ro.nv.usb.pid.rndis=B434 ro.nv.usb.pid.rndis.adb=B435 ro.nv.usb.pid.ptp=B432 ro.nv.usb.pid.ptp.adb=B433 #Set audioflinger resampler quality to DYN_HIGH_QUALITY af.resampler.quality=7 # # from device/nvidia/platform/t210/system.prop # wifi.interface=wlan0 wifi.Xinterface=xlan0 ap.interface=wlan0 # boot animation property persist.bootanim.preload=1 #pbc properties pbc.log.on=0 pbc.hist.size=5 pbc.step.period=700 pbc.polling.period=100 pbc.throttle.depth=0 persist.sys.pbc.enabled=1 persist.sys.pbc.hyst=5 persist.sys.pbc.psys.cap=10000 persist.sys.pbc.ibat.cap=4000 persist.sys.pbc.pbat.cap=30000 persist.sys.pbc.inf.game.mode=1 persist.sys.pbc.inf.socthres=20 persist.sys.pbc.pbat.slope=1.5 persist.sys.pbc.pbat.intercept=-7 persist.sys.pbc.over.cfboost=true persist.sys.pbc.cfboost.floor=800000 persist.sys.pbc.gfboost.floor=300000 #disable Eco mode with charger persist.sys.NV_ECO.IF.CHARGING=false #playback type device, for cec ro.hdmi.device_type=4 #used to enable adb over tcpip on port 5555 from Settings app persist.system.adb.tcp.enable=0 # # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES # persist.sys.media.avsync=true dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=12m dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=128m dalvik.vm.heapsize=448m ro.build.version.ota=2.1(22.18.61.16) drm.service.enabled=true ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL ro.com.google.gmsversion=5.0_r2 ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-nvidia ro.sf.lcd_density=320 ro.nrdp.modelgroup=SHIELDANDROIDTV ro.nrdp.audio.otfs=false ro.radio.noril=true ro.tegra.tz3.sorting=1 persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart.so dalvik.vm.isa.arm64.features=default dalvik.vm.isa.arm.features=div dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y net.bt.name=Android dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

Comment

No! Changing build.prop won't fix our mecool boxes. We need new Widevine keys that are approved by google.

Comment

Originally posted by mralexkung
                        Yes. Can we use ShieldTV's config to patch to our Box?
                        Mhhhh...can you upload it as an attachment file? The alignment isn't quite right here...
                        Thanks

Apart from that, I'm afraid we need a developer to tell us which parts can be replaced in the prop...or the box won't boot up (?)

Comment

Mhhhh...can you upload it as an attachment file? The alignment isn't quite right here...
                          Thanks

Apart from that, I'm afraid we need a developer to tell us which parts can be replaced in the prop...or the box won't boot up (?)
                          in my bow have use magisk and magiskhide prop tool for change the build.prop systemless and you can erase the module in recovery
                          Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Thanks

I managed to copy and edit the ShieldTV's build.prop, posted by mralexkung (before it was deleted) it seems that we have all the information to patch our mecool with magisk and magiskhide prop config, but as said meciu I'm afraid it's useless.

ps:I have not tried the method and I am not responsible in case of brick of your box ...
                            The "ShieldTvBuildPropOriginalPost.txt" in attachmnents is the original post by mralexkung
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Mazer.one; 12-14-2018, 15:17.

Comment

The new Play Services and Google servers are now making Chinese boxes difficult to be compatible on TV and streaming apps.

i don't use L1 DRM apps, but as of late noticed Google has changed Web view services. It affects all devices. You must upgrade your Web view by freezing or uninstalling chrome, or Chrome Dev. At this time if web view is frozen or disabled by chrome browser, apps may break.

In fact i had to remove Web view completely and copy it into the system priv-app folder.

This is one issue of many Google is doing to break our boxes.

i have lost 3 apps from operating as before the new Google system updates. Those apps are for phones and use some Web view trickery with playback. I assume a new firmware to correct Web view is needed to be compatible with the latest Web view.

Comment

Working...
                              X