Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srvngrc View Post
    I'm wondering are there any methods to boot my KM9 with a dual boot screen like pc?
    And any way to change Netflix user interface in coreelec?
    No, and no.

Btw, Netflix user interface in Kodi depends also on Kodi skin in use, so it can be somewhat changed.
    Last edited by Sholander; 10-21-2019, 17:39.

Comment

Patched Netflix App for Android enabling Widevine L1 allowing not certified devices to play HD - longseespace/netflix_patch

Will it work on mecool m8s pro l box ?

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        No it won't.

Originally posted by The Big Rig View Post
      Hi Guys,

We have come up with a kind of pre-configured Kodi based of Netflix. It will also let you run Kodi seperately on the same device. I hope it helps anyone just wanting Netflix. Gives a great picture. Reccomended for L1 devices, so ATV Certified but perhaps not Netflix certified.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Let me know thoughts and maybe if its liked we can let the community continue. It definitlely could use a more slimmed base version of Kodi and a more bespoke interface, although we want it light weight too which is why we steered away from titan Bingie as a base skin.

Thanks
      No authentication box error, not working,I'm from China

Comment

is there any solution to run netflix on kodi with L3 my tv box is T95Z plus

Comment

Of course there is, but NOT on Android. You can get Netflix 720 streams installing CoreElec/Kodi on your box. Relevant links to read:
          Post here for help and support with installing, booting or updating CoreELEC.

Hi all I was on the download helper and saw that the only ram variant available to select is the 3G version. Is there support for the 2G as well if I just download that image? Many thanks

A lightweight OS for Kodi

Comment

sory about that I am new on this can u explain how to do this

Comment

Originally posted by basheer12 View Post
              sory about that I am new on this can u explain how to do this
              https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how...l-coreelec/677

Comment

@basheer12 Ask on that forum for further help, not here...

Comment

Mibox 3 netflix information, how can it be applied by other boxes?

Comment

I have a mibox 3 international version

Comment

Originally posted by zsp1977 View Post
                      Mibox 3 netflix information, how can it be applied by other boxes?
                      No, the Widevine license for Netflix is written to a hardware chip with a secure location with expensive hardware tools by the factory.
                      It's not possible to write it to other devices.
                      The Widevine license is also linked to the serial number, mac address of the wifi chip etc. so impossible to port to other devices.
                      If you have a Mi Box, it already supports HD Netflix with the official Netflix app and you can also use the Kodi addon for HD.

Maybe you are not using the latest Kodi 18.4 or the latest addon?
                      InputStream based Netflix plugin for Kodi. Contribute to CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix development by creating an account on GitHub.

If other manufacturers want to get HD Netflix
                      1) Their device must be Google Certified.
                      2) Get a Widevine L1 license from Google, meaning the device also needs to be locked down, pass Safetynet, pass CTS, locked bootloader etc.
                      3) Get a Netflix HD license from Netflix.
                      This also requires to sell at least 5 mil devices a year by a manufacturer which is impossible for most.
                      Netflix also requires hardware changes like a Netflix button on the ir remote and is also strict with any firmware updates.
                      Some firmware changes to the wifi or USB drivers also require complete Netflix re-certification.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No, the Widevine license for Netflix is written to a hardware chip with a secure location with expensive hardware tools by the factory.
                        It's not possible to write it to other devices.
                        The Widevine license is also linked to the serial number, mac address of the wifi chip etc. so impossible to port to other devices.
                        If you have a Mi Box, it already supports HD Netflix with the official Netflix app and you can also use the Kodi addon for HD.

Maybe you are not using the latest Kodi 18.4 or the latest addon?
                        InputStream based Netflix plugin for Kodi. Contribute to CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix development by creating an account on GitHub.

If other manufacturers want to get HD Netflix
                        1) Their device must be Google Certified.
                        2) Get a Widevine L1 license from Google, meaning the device also needs to be locked down, pass Safetynet, pass CTS, locked bootloader etc.
                        3) Get a Netflix HD license from Netflix.
                        This also requires to sell at least 5 mil devices a year by a manufacturer which is impossible for most.
                        Netflix also requires hardware changes like a Netflix button on the ir remote and is also strict with any firmware updates.
                        Some firmware changes to the wifi or USB drivers also require complete Netflix re-certification.
                        Thank you very much.Thank you very much for your reply.

Comment

Someone from Germany here interested to get back Netflix HD on M8sPro LQ, with 7.1.2 ATV?
                          No Kodi, or a Tablet apk. Download from Google Play and go.
                          Then PM in german please.
                          Regards Dados

Comment

Originally posted by dados View Post
                            Someone from Germany here interested to get back Netflix HD on M8sPro LQ, with 7.1.2 ATV?
                            No Kodi, or a Tablet apk. Download from Google Play and go.
                            Then PM in german please.
                            Regards Dados
                            M8sPro and all Mecool devices were blacklisted so can't play HD Netflix with any apps anymore.

Xiaomi Mi box 3 is now on special on Aliexpress for $45 from several sellers for the next few hours and can play 4K Netflix.
                            A very good deal that will never repeat itself until this time next year.
                            Other devices that can play Netflix HD are the Nvidia Shield, Amazon FireTV 4K Stick, Fire Cube & Roku that all cost over $50.
                            Or buy a X86 Intel Mini PC and download the HEVC codec from the Windows Store. Browsers will then play 4K Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

M8sPro and all Mecool devices were blacklisted so can't play HD Netflix with any apps anymore.

Xiaomi Mi box 3 is now on special on Aliexpress for $45 from several sellers for the next few hours and can play 4K Netflix.
                              A very good deal that will never repeat itself until this time next year.
                              Other devices that can play Netflix HD are the Nvidia Shield, Amazon FireTV 4K Stick, Fire Cube & Roku that all cost over $50.
                              Or buy a X86 Intel Mini PC and download the HEVC codec from the Windows Store. Browsers will then play 4K Netflix.
                              What are you talking about?
                              I have my M8sPro LQ back runnning with Netflix HD and i am offering the solution.
                              Also wer in Deutschland wohnt kann mich anschreiben und muss sich keine neue Box kaufen.
                              Leider habe ich keine LB, aber wahrscheinlich funktioniert das auch damit.
                              Alles Weitere per PM.

If you not believe, that i have back a working drm L1.
                              Here a little video:
                              4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!
                              Last edited by dados; 11-18-2019, 12:03.

Comment

Working...
                              X