Chrome Browser in android TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome Browser in android TV

I can't be the only one having this issue.

When usng crome browser on the mecool m8s i pro, the context menu that comes up if you long click on a url (the onethat has opens to open in new tab, new window, copy......etc) doesn't show up t all. But it works in firefox so I know its a chrome thing and not a adroid tv thing.

Any ideas on how to get this working in chrome?

Donno, but I see many different firmwares with odd variances. Some have a system file called... xxxCustomisation. The xxx being a name for the type of customisation. Some are browser related, or launcher related. You can freeze or disable it, and reboot to see if it helps. Sometimes you loose a customisation while gaining freedom. My tablet has a chrome customisation that actually kills the browsers task when backed out, will not leave an empty tab, without any need of mods.

Another is lib files, some are required for types of keyboard, and input to function.

There can be dpi settings that are in conflict as well. Not that chrome is having an issue, could be system ui related or input method issues with the dpi configuration. Trying 300 dpi or 280 dpi and resetting display in accessibility settings by adjusting font and display size, may clear up dpi scale with layouts.

you can try Chrome Dev, along with a module to make any browser default as Chrome, if the option works without further mods, or corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
      Donno, but I see many different firmwares with odd variances. Some have a system file called... xxxCustomisation. The xxx being a name for the type of customisation. Some are browser related, or launcher related. You can freeze or disable it, and reboot to see if it helps. Sometimes you loose a customisation while gaining freedom. My tablet has a chrome customisation that actually kills the browsers task when backed out, will not leave an empty tab, without any need of mods.

Another is lib files, some are required for types of keyboard, and input to function.

There can be dpi settings that are in conflict as well. Not that chrome is having an issue, could be system ui related or input method issues with the dpi configuration. Trying 300 dpi or 280 dpi and resetting display in accessibility settings by adjusting font and display size, may clear up dpi scale with layouts.

you can try Chrome Dev, along with a module to make any browser default as Chrome, if the option works without further mods, or corrections.
      Thanks. I need more guidance or more specifics; willing to try anything at this point.

My dpi is currently set to 240, and everything from the default 320 to 240 didnt give me that context menu in chrome. but at least I got the desktop like tabs browser.

The odd thing here for me is that Firefox works flawlessly.... like it just works but chrome doesn't. Even stranger is that in a particular place within chrome I have got it to work, by rapidly double clicking on a link and holding the second click, but this i highly hit and miss and no consistency to it showing up. I attached a screenshot of the only place I have got it to work and proof that its actually in chrome.

Sorry aout all thetypos....... breaking in a new mini keyboard.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X