Mecool M8S PRO L - Netflix download in HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S PRO L - Netflix download in HD

I've bought MECOOL M8S PRO L 3 months ago and I'm not completely satisfied with the box because although it was widevide L1 I cannot download stuff from Netflix in HD...

The Netflix app has 2 versions. One for Android TV (ATV) and another for Smartphones/Tables (ST). You can easily distinguish them by the background icon color. The ATV has a white background and the other ST version has a black background color.

The features are not the same too:
    a) The ATV works well with TV remote keys and does not have the download feature. It can be downloaded from the Android TV app store.
    b) The ST does not work with the TV remote keys. You have to use a mouse but it has the download feature. It can not be downloaded from the Android TV app store, so you have to get it from the Apk Mirror website (http://apkmirror.com/) or from your smartphone/tablet.

The box has widevide L1, so why the ST version does not take advantage of it and is restricted to 960x540 instead of 1080p?

Is there a fix for this issue?

Hi trebor .
    Sorry but I cannot seem to find the solution for the problem/issue I open this thread in the thread you are referring to. Can you please specify in which page is the fix/answer?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by antcasq View Post

Hi trebor .
      Sorry but I cannot seem to find the solution for the problem/issue I open this thread in the thread you are referring to. Can you please specify in which page is the fix/answer?

Thanks
      Post #60 page 4
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Post #60 page 4
        Hi clarkss12 the file provided by Videostrong solves the nw-6-404 error in Netflix. However that's not what I'm complaining about.

The Smartphones/Tablets (ST) version of the Netflix app, the one with a black background icon, never had HD working in the first place. Does it work in your box? Do you have Netflix in HD in that version of the app and are able to download movies/series in HD? I'm my box I only get SD with the Smartphones/Tablets (ST) version of the Netflix app

Comment

Hi clarkss12 the file provided by Videostrong solves the nw-6-404 error in Netflix. However that's not what I'm complaining about.

The Smartphones/Tablets (ST) version of the Netflix app, the one with a black background icon, never had HD working in the first place. Does it work in your box? Do you have Netflix in HD in that version of the app and are able to download movies/series in HD? I'm my box I only get SD with the Smartphones/Tablets (ST) version of the Netflix app
          you can test the modded HD version of netflix (for smartphone)
          Sorry for my badly english

Comment

The first Mecool M8S Pro's did not have DRM level 1, so no Netflix in HD. I have one and it will NEVER support Netflix in HD...... except running in LibreELEC..
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

you can test the modded HD version of netflix (for smartphone)
              Thanks Snakx , it works.
              Finally I can take my box on vacations without having to use my mobile data plan just to watch something in HD.

By the way, do you know the source of that APK, I mean where did I came (web site / thread in a forum), from in case I need an update on in the future?

Comment

Thanks Snakx , it works.
                Finally I can take my box on vacations without having to use my mobile data plan just to watch something in HD.

By the way, do you know the source of that APK, I mean where did I came (web site / thread in a forum), from in case I need an update on in the future?
                this apk are share in french site dealabs
                Liste des versions à jour au 02/08/2018 également directement trouvable (en principe) sur Google Play Store pour Android TV(mais pas pour tout le monde, d'où la
                Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

this apk are share in french site dealabs
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X