Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions before buying a Mecool m8s Pro L

Hi everyone,

After some time trying to find the perfect box, I have decided to buy this model, but I still have some questions that I'd like you to make them disappear.

- If I buy the box with voice control remote remote, am I buying the LB version? And the opposite, if I'm buying the box without voice control, am I buying the "original" version?
    - What are the differences between both version? and which one would you recommend? (Android for moviles vs Android PC? different certificates? different wifi/bt chipset? etc..)
    - I don't care if i have to buy the former version if it's better, but I would like to know if the remote control with no voice control works through IR,RF or BT

These are the initial questions I have. Thank you very much for reading.

hi,
    i have the LB version (yes! ATV with voice control), it work good but no custom firmware at the moment
    Sorry for my badly english

Comment

I think from now on, whichever box you buy will be the LB version, with or without voice remote

the one without voice remote has a normal IR remote. But you can still add your own RF or bluetooth remote.

I have the LB version (with voice) and I am happy with the firmware it comes with. If you want to play with custom firmwares then the M8S Pro L is probably not for you because it doesnt have custom firmware and i believe it never will

Comment

For me the most important thing that this box has compared to most other boxes is Netflix and youtube in HD.

And i hate using netflix and youtube in Android mobile on these boxes, i prefer them in Android TV.

Comment

Originally posted by DrNicos View Post
          For me the most important thing that this box has compared to most other boxes is Netflix and youtube in HD.

And i hate using netflix and youtube in Android mobile on these boxes, i prefer them in Android TV.
          The reason why you think there won't be any custom fw is because there is no scene behind this box? or is there any other impediment?

Regarding the stock firmware, does it come rooted? does it come with lots of bloatware?

What about Libreelect support? almost all the armlogic work very well with LE, but I heard some issues with S912 chipset.

Comment

My experiences have not been so great. First off this "LB" version really needs a custom firmware.

First- Even though I have the most up to date version I have no Amazon Prime Video DRM. Its just not there even though the most recent update is supposed to have it. I was planning to dump the amazon fire altogether but now I have to keep it using up an HDMI that I wanted to use for something else.

My Bluetooth keeps going down. So the remote becomes less useful and the voice control stops working. When it drops and I press voice control the audio input changes for some strange reason and so I have no sound till I go back to the correct input. Its frustrating.

So I am just not impressed. Also I feel I didn't do enough research. Had I known there would be no custom ROM for "LB" version no way I would have paid for this. I assumed that I would be able to install a new version right away and have most issues resolved.

FYI- I bought at Gearbest if that helps. Maybe buy from a US retailer.

Add a post to my request for a firmware thread. Maybe somebody will take pity

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...o-l-lb-version

Comment

- I think you should msg to seller about info. inside android box,
              I do not know my version untill I open all screws to modify a heatsink , yeb , sticker LB version show inside.

- I do not know yet before buying these boxes includeing using remote voice control , I thought about buying mouse , keyboard or touchpad mix ..bla..bla .
              But after I have to use its really . Voice remote so impressed my old man especially youtube ATV. very helpfull for general apps

but If I want voice search for a browser app its does not ,Google Chrome does not search by voice even though google map can make its, aptoide and another apps work it. lol

My main purpose is youtube , mkv player , movies series clips
              For your questions about the differences between both version , I think the LB version is an upgraded version with a new chipset to solve problems improve speed and bla ...bla.. some stability

But...if I watch streamimg 1080p by wireless everything totally perfect
              but when I watched streaming 4K there were too lag , The only distance is 10 meters plus a wall , my speed download were flaring so much .

Overall, I like my frist box while I do not like leanback launcher as well.
              Thank you for read my vent.

Comment

Working...
              X