Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S Pro LB - Noob needs clarification / TWRP, Magisk,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S Pro LB - Noob needs clarification / TWRP, Magisk,...

Hey Guys,
    im not a 100% Noob, but before i Start, i want to make sure i avoid bricking my new Box i just received.... ;-)
    As i found a lot of Posts and some Tuts about that Mecool M8S Pro L-Box, but for the "LB" Version mostly negative Comments, im a bit in doubt. Could somebody please just give me "green light" for my Infos and Plans? :-) :-)

I want to install TWRP to make (Nandroid)Backups, and to install Magisk as Root-Manager

- There are no Custom Roms for the LB-Version
    - However, it is safe to install TWRP (Witch Version? Same as for the 'non-LB' Version?) via SD-Card/Usb
    - Installing latest Magisk via TWRP is Safe as well
    - Installing Both wont break any DRM-Stuff (like Netflix HD and so on)

- Though its ATV-Version, its possible to sideload any Android App
    - Its possible to Sideload (PlayStore) Paid Apps, as Licence-Check is done by Google

Thankin you for a quick clarification! Im excited about starting using that little promising Box! :-)

1.I've install TWRP with this version:http://freaktab.org/5ca48525f4e2b8ab~s through dd comand....there may be no choice because we can't flash .img format recovery with original recovery~
    2.Even though you break your Drm-stuff~you might fix it with http://freaktab.org/0e3de9d39979aadf~s~
    Hope these answers helpful for you~you're welcome~(^_^)

Comment

What's more~position of recovery is /dev/block/recovery

Comment

Thanks Mate, appreciate it!
        As i am a bit cautious, before i really start i want to do a backup with TWRP before installing it, i wanted to boot up from sd-card with a recovery.img.
        But im going nuts, i cant get this to work.

In the meantime, I even tried shortening the pins - that didnt work either.
        So i closed the box again, and tried around with "holding power" while plugging in power.
        When i try the "holding power" without SD-Card, it normally boots up to stock recovery.

But when i do it with the SD-Card:
        Most of the Times it stucks at the MECOOL.
        When it boots to android i think i just had the wrong timing.
        Once it ended up with fickering black/white noise. WTF?

Can anybody confirm, if (and how) temporarily booting TWRP with SD-Card still works?
        I do have the Mecool M8S Pro L-Box, "LB" Version with Bluetooth-Remote, OTA Version 91243033.

Im really going Nuts, i want to start playing around with the Box, but want to take a backup of the very untouched Partitions...
        Thus, any Advice is highly appreciated! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dafunkys912 View Post
          Thanks Mate, appreciate it!
          As i am a bit cautious, before i really start i want to do a backup with TWRP before installing it, i wanted to boot up from sd-card with a recovery.img.
          But im going nuts, i cant get this to work.

In the meantime, I even tried shortening the pins - that didnt work either.
          So i closed the box again, and tried around with "holding power" while plugging in power.
          When i try the "holding power" without SD-Card, it normally boots up to stock recovery.

But when i do it with the SD-Card:
          Most of the Times it stucks at the MECOOL.
          When it boots to android i think i just had the wrong timing.
          Once it ended up with fickering black/white noise. WTF?

Can anybody confirm, if (and how) temporarily booting TWRP with SD-Card still works?
          I do have the Mecool M8S Pro L-Box, "LB" Version with Bluetooth-Remote, OTA Version 91243033.

Im really going Nuts, i want to start playing around with the Box, but want to take a backup of the very untouched Partitions...
          Thus, any Advice is highly appreciated! :-)
          I have this problem too?but now we have magendaz'rom?just flash it to our box and the problem gone?

Comment

Hello dafunkys912; This is a New Rom that just came out a few days ago. I am new and have never flashed a Rom to a Mecool M8s L Box. Also can you explain to me how You flash a Rom. >>>> [ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1) >>>> https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1

Comment

Originally posted by wilspeak View Post
              Hello dafunkys912; This is a New Rom that just came out a few days ago. I am new and have never flashed a Rom to a Mecool M8s L Box. Also can you explain to me how You flash a Rom. >>>> [ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1) >>>> https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1
              See my post to another thread:

Comment

Working...
              X