KB2 Pro assumed bricked any help appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KB2 Pro assumed bricked any help appreciated

Evening all, as in the title I think I have bricked my my yoka TV box... When I power it on it lights up blue but does absolutely nothing the screen doesn't even recognise it?

Now this is totally my fault as it was rooted with twrp installed and I wiped it to reinstall a ROM and then could not find my usb with the nand backup on... Needless to say I stuffed up the install and wanted to do a restore via twrp but had no back up, I know own stupid school boy error. So I tried connecting to my laptop using amlogic software however the laptop refused to recognise it. This was most like due to it never having been connected to my laptop before I broke it so I am assuming some drivers were missing after searching the internet for potential drivers I could not find them. So I created a sd card install and after trying that I lost twrp and have nothing...

​​​​​​Hense this log post of me asking for help and knowledge to if there is a way to bring it back to life (I am not holding my breath)....

Cheers all

Just reinstall amlogic usb burn tool it will install the world cup drivers , open the usb burning tool load the stock ROM then you need to short the nand I use a sim pin like on the iPhone , take your time and slowly place it between the pins till you find the correct one , you will see it connect then flash ..just take your time and if it doesn't work at first keep trying..good luck

Comment

jimennis Thanks buddy I think i have seen a guide somewhere for that trick I will go in search of it and give that a go.

Comment

Finally

I have got the device back on.... this is the first android device I have ever bricked and unbricked in all my years of rooting android devices (must have been lucky in the past i guess). I am not completely sure how it came back to life as shorting the pins out did not yield any results however i randomly tried the SD Card burning software using the following firmware Vorke_Z1-ROOT-PC-MHC19J-20161207.102746.V0923, i restarted holding down the reset button and it booted into the update system and my Yoka TV now has this ROM running....??

Can anyone tell me which version of ROM i need for my box it is a Yoka TV 32GB 3GB DDR model KB2 PRO from gearbest. I see from reading you tell by looking at the Wifi chip however i am not clear on what i am looking for as my chip states the following KM63352111 IT-A1? can anyone confirm if i need L roms or LB roms?

many thanks in advance..

Comment

I am wanting to install the Nexus firmware by Guest i just dont know which to use the L or LB variant

Comment

Guys can anyone confirm please I have search Google all weekend and cannot get a definitive answer as to which ROM version to use? Either way I will try flashing this evening as I would like my box back up and running asap.

Cheers

Comment

Ok so after several attempts at flashing newer versions of software on this box and only have parcial success I am unsure as to why certain ROMs will not do anything via the SD card method? I cannot get my laptop to recognise the TV box at all and i have tried several cables with no luck. I am to try a couple more ROMs this evening before giving up.

Comment

Working...
              X