M8S Pro Bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S Pro Bricked

I have an m8s pro with s912 processor. I tried installing Libreelec via USB, but I had the wrong version now I bricked it. It has a blue LED, but I can't get any display at all via HDMI. I have USB Burning Tool on my pc and can't get the device to hook up. The reset button is not working either.

Is there any way to flash a new firmware on it without being able to access the menus or use the reset button? Can someone link me to the correct firmware to use to get back to normal and also how to install it? I have mecool m8s pro 20180412.img downloaded now. Will that work?

Do a search on here and look for the firmware by Magandanz for your box. You should be able to use the burn card method. All that information is on his thread.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Well I found this thread: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...h-4-1-hs/page2

but they advise not to put it on the m8s pro(what I have) only the m8s pro L...What is the "burn card method". Just need one helpful replier to walk me through this process...

Comment

Still searching for some kind soul to help me! I'm sure someone out there has done this before... I have helped countless people fix computers before for free. Just need help this one time. Someone come through please! With links to what I need please, I don't want to brick this thing worse.

How do I do this "burn card method" if the reset button doesn't work??? What is the ideal firmware choice to have 4k video streaming from Plex and Netflix? Fastest firmware? Just need a little help lol.

Comment

I've had this problem with a couple of tv boxes, each time it has actually turned out to be a fault power supply. Plugging a new/different on in (same voltage etc of course) fixed it straight away.

Do you have a spare power supply to try? It might not be the issue but it's worth a shot.

Comment

BUMP If someone gives me a solution, I will Paypal you $20 no joke. Someone please help!

Edit: Also I tried multiple power supplies, no dice there.

Comment

Working...
            X